Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3266 3267 [3268] 3269 3270 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5124258 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49005 on: October 18, 2013, 10:12:23 am »

There's something odd about this gigapause warning. It almost seems as if Andrew is apologising for not updating his comic. Did he do that before? I seem to remember just getting handed a picture of an alien making out with a robot with none of this "explaining your actions" bullshit.

He also had a perfect opportunity to leave Terezi falling into the lava for months.  This cliffhanger is actually very pleasant!
So yeah, I'm suspicious too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49006 on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:31 am »

I had a strange idea. The dogs, and consequently Dave, are heading for Jade's quest bed. Wouldn't it be possible to revive whatever remains of pre-god-tier Jade?

Shame we probably won't find the answer to this for nearly, if not, a year.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49007 on: October 20, 2013, 11:49:31 am »

I had a strange idea. The dogs, and consequently Dave, are heading for Jade's quest bed. Wouldn't it be possible to revive whatever remains of pre-god-tier Jade?

A god-tier of a god-tier?
._.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49008 on: October 20, 2013, 12:19:17 pm »

What I mean is, take what remains of pre-god-tier Jade to Jane for revival.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49009 on: October 20, 2013, 02:50:03 pm »

pre-god-tier Jade

There is none anymore. Where would a pre-god-tier Jade be?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49010 on: October 20, 2013, 02:53:27 pm »

pre-god-tier Jade

There is none anymore. Where would a pre-god-tier Jade be?

Jade's original body, killed by a shaving cream bomb and left on her God Tier slab by Jack.  As we saw in Cascade, the body was still there when Dog-Tier Jade grabbed the planets and left.

Of course it's been sitting there for three years, so it's probably not in good shape.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49011 on: October 20, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »

That picture is epic.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49012 on: October 20, 2013, 07:39:26 pm »

but....

they already got her current body?

what would be the point of having two jade corpses?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49013 on: October 20, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »

but....

they already got her current body?

what would be the point of having two jade corpses?
The pre-tier Body would not have Becquerel's traits and thus be uncontrollable by )(IC. That, and it if the post-tier body were destroyed, they would have a backup.

If Jade would keep her powers (As in, those of space and immortality, not the First Guardian ones.), is something else entirely.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #49014 on: October 21, 2013, 06:24:25 am »

If that worked it would be the best exploit yet. Just go god-tier, captchalogue your corpse, alchemize it until you run out of grist, get a life player to do the lifey thing and boom, you've got a massive non-doomed clone army in the alpha timeline. And just maybe, if you put half of them on Skaia and kill the rest on the quest bed, you could get them all to god-tier. Rinse, repeat.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49015 on: October 21, 2013, 08:59:15 am »

If that worked it would be the best exploit yet. Just go god-tier, captchalogue your corpse, alchemize it until you run out of grist, get a life player to do the lifey thing and boom, you've got a massive non-doomed clone army in the alpha timeline. And just maybe, if you put half of them on Skaia and kill the rest on the quest bed, you could get them all to god-tier. Rinse, repeat.
Zerg of Cheat?
._.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49016 on: October 21, 2013, 11:19:20 am »

I just had a thought.  What if in line with the 413, the start of Homestuck, and 612, the start of hivebent, numerals, which have been repeated multiple times, Homestuck ends upon 10/25, the combination of the two.  Of course, 11/11/11 does throw this estimate off, so that does need to be factored in, but I am not entirely certain when how it would be factored in.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:26:55 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49017 on: October 21, 2013, 12:20:01 pm »

That was the date that Cascade went live. I also hope that it doesn't end on 10/25, because that would mean over a year of waiting. While plausible, it'd be frustrating. It's clear that the nearer 10/25 is impossible, or else Hussie wouldn't have bothered with a Gigapause announcement.

EDIT: My expectation would be another 4/13, in the interests of a bookend, provided Hussie can make it by then.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49018 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »

That was the date that Cascade went live. I also hope that it doesn't end on 10/25, because that would mean over a year of waiting. While plausible, it'd be frustrating. It's clear that the nearer 10/25 is impossible, or else Hussie wouldn't have bothered with a Gigapause announcement.

Unless he already has everything ready and just made the announcement to mess with the fans.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #49019 on: October 21, 2013, 12:47:40 pm »

My money is on 8/11 being the next universe. This beast isn't dead yet.
Pages: 1 ... 3266 3267 [3268] 3269 3270 ... 3524