Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3264 3265 [3266] 3267 3268 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5124845 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #48975 on: October 17, 2013, 07:34:22 pm »

Midnight crew jack from the trolls session died when he destroyed everything and shot Snowman didn't he?
Oh wait, there was that idiocy where he was saved by Hussie and made into a robot... Did he end up dying there to Lord English? Did we actually see that happen?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48976 on: October 17, 2013, 07:35:40 pm »

He recruited a resurrected felt and flew to alpha on a bathtub.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48977 on: October 17, 2013, 07:36:16 pm »

Midnight crew jack from the trolls session died when he destroyed everything and shot Snowman didn't he?
Oh wait, there was that idiocy where he was saved by Hussie and made into a robot... Did he end up dying there to Lord English? Did we actually see that happen?
No, he's travelling with the Felt now.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48978 on: October 17, 2013, 07:36:47 pm »

This fucking comic...

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48979 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:12 pm »

This fucking comic...
...Is the best work of fiction that has ever existed, and possibly the best work of fiction that will ever exist?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48980 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:51 pm »

No, I meant did we see Troll!Jack kill Gamzee's dreamself? I don't remember seeing that.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48981 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:55 pm »

Gamzee had a dream self get destroyed by Jack. He got to fly and everything, and then BAM the clown is gone.

Wait a sec, did we ever actually legitimately see that?
We saw Jack blow up the meteor. The question is whether or not comic-Hussie was aware of that timeline, since Scratch was narrating at the time, and whether or not comic-Hussie was fucking with Caliborn when he said he was not aware of a single timeline where Gamzee dies.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48982 on: October 17, 2013, 07:42:08 pm »

Gamzee had a dream self get destroyed by Jack. He got to fly and everything, and then BAM the clown is gone.

Wait a sec, did we ever actually legitimately see that?
We saw Jack blow up the meteor. The question is whether or not comic-Hussie was aware of that timeline, since Scratch was narrating at the time, and whether or not comic-Hussie was fucking with Caliborn when he said he was not aware of a single timeline where Gamzee dies.

If Gamzee's dreamself was, for example, dicking around in the furthest ring when that happened though...

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48983 on: October 17, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »

I think the "no timelines where Gamzee died" thing was a way to say that there will be no alternate Gamzees popping up anywhere.
None of them died, so there are no ghosts.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48984 on: October 17, 2013, 07:45:45 pm »

This was the alternate timeline where Vriska challenged Jack to a duel. While it's technically possible that Gamzee's dreamself isn't dead, since we've never seen the corpse to my knowledge, it's unlikely. And if said dreamself were alive, Gamzee's meatself was still on the meteor when it blew. The only question is whether or not that actually managed to kill him.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48985 on: October 17, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »

This was the alternate timeline where Vriska challenged Jack to a duel. While it's technically possible that Gamzee's dreamself isn't dead, since we've never seen the corpse to my knowledge, it's unlikely. And if said dreamself were alive, Gamzee's meatself was still on the meteor when it blew. The only question is whether or not that actually managed to kill him.

What was the exact wording? Did he say that there wasn't a single timeline where he was dead, or where he died?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48986 on: October 17, 2013, 08:02:49 pm »

What was the exact wording? Did he say that there wasn't a single timeline where he was dead, or where he died?
Exact words:
I'm personally not aware of a single timeline in which this codpiece packing moron dies.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48987 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:07 pm »

Exact words:
I'm personally not aware of a single timeline in which this codpiece packing moron dies.
He might've meant permanently dies.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48988 on: October 17, 2013, 10:27:16 pm »

So Gamzee... HIC too.
Maybe the mayor?  I forget if he ever actually fell in the lava, my brain shuts down when John's weapony bs occurs.
PM and Beq Noir
Becquerel
Davesprite, ironically!  If you consider him different from Dave.
Dear sweet precious Casey the Necromander
The other consorts who rode with John and Jade
Caliborn, that bastard.
Jane's dad
Jade's Grandpa?
AutoResponder because he was too cool to ever live in the first place.

If we only count realself deaths then we can add Terezi, and... half of Sollux.  All the other players besides Gamzee have realself died.

Honorable mention: FedoraFreak, who will live on forever in our hearts as the Gent of Piss.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #48989 on: October 17, 2013, 10:31:46 pm »

Jade's grandpa was the first character in Homestuck to be confirmed dead. (If you don't count the imps.)

Caliborn died if you count the self-sacrifice to ascend to god-tier.

Mayor has never died, came extremely close at the end of cascade.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 3264 3265 [3266] 3267 3268 ... 3524