Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3250 3251 [3252] 3253 3254 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127258 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #48765 on: September 28, 2013, 11:13:14 am »

Prediction: Pulling out her soul ===> 1 Zombie Aranea and 1 Ghost Aranea. Leading to Double Spooky Troll Action.
._.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48766 on: September 28, 2013, 11:15:33 am »

This is stupid.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48767 on: September 28, 2013, 11:16:44 am »

having seen Aranea tell whopping lies about herself
Example?

ARANEA: It does get to 8e a little 8othersome having people fling themselves at you all the time. It's always 8een my curse.
ARANEA: Did you know just earlier today, your friend Jake could 8arely keep his hands off me? ;;;;)
ROXY: what
ROXY: no way
ROXY: ur a filthy liar
ARANEA: I've 8een known to em8ellish now and then.

I'm just wondering how much of Mindfang's life was an embellishment.  I'm going to guess, almost all of it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48768 on: September 28, 2013, 11:49:36 am »

Somehow I think the Aranea's ring-spawned soulless body is going to be important and deadly. 
Probably by ironically being critical to the progress of the alpha timeline somehow.
Heck, maybe it combines with Poolball Jack when building LE.  Might explain why LE can destroy souls.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #48769 on: September 28, 2013, 11:56:01 am »

The journal Vriska had was from Aranea's more badass version. So most of it was probably close to the truth.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48770 on: September 28, 2013, 01:41:28 pm »

I don't really care about Mindfang or her journal, but if some of Aranea's earlier exposition turns out purposefully untrue she is a bit cooler than I expect.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48771 on: September 28, 2013, 05:06:45 pm »

Well, that escalated quickly.

On a related note, do you people think that hope summons might have different personalities than their normal counterparts? I know we don't have much to compare with yet, but that's something I'm curious about.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48772 on: September 28, 2013, 05:29:54 pm »

Well, that escalated quickly.

On a related note, do you people think that hope summons might have different personalities than their normal counterparts? I know we don't have much to compare with yet, but that's something I'm curious about.
BrainfragmentDirk isn't really a hope summon, he is firstly a fragment of Dirk's personality as read by Jake, caused by Dirk's weird fragmentedness; and then made un-fake my hope powers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48773 on: September 28, 2013, 05:34:22 pm »

I think Braindirk is a cooperative effort: definitely powered by Hope, but only able to exist because of Dirk's hearty splinter affinity. He's, as far as we know, as Dirk as possible.

I don't think a hypothetical Hope Summon of any other person would be more genuinly or convincingly that person than Caliborn's alpha male was Dave. Maybe even less, because come on, it's Jake.

E: got distracted and ninjad

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48774 on: September 28, 2013, 06:35:05 pm »

The thing about BrainDirk is that he is AlphaDirk as perceived by Jake. Others might find discrepancies between BrainDirk and their own perception of AlphaDirk (Most Notably Arquiusprite and AlphaDirk), but as far as Jake is concerned, BrainDirk is as Dirk as Dirk gets.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48775 on: September 28, 2013, 10:06:13 pm »

But then doesn't Jake think more highly of Dirk than even Dirk? Perhaps Jake overestimates Dirk, and therefor non-fake brainDirk is now more powerful than real Dirk...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48776 on: September 28, 2013, 11:40:59 pm »

But then doesn't Jake think more highly of Dirk than even Dirk? Perhaps Jake overestimates Dirk, and therefor non-fake brainDirk is now more powerful than real Dirk...

I completely agree with this.  Could easily be why brain-ghost-dirk-hope-summon is so able to do this to Aranea.
But what happens when he meets real-dirk?  Might not be pretty.  Or, knowing Hussie, when he meets Dave?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48777 on: September 29, 2013, 12:03:52 am »

I hope Dirk meeting BG Dirk will end up in an ultimate showdown between them to decide who will be real Dirk.
That is unless BG Dirk ceases existing as soon as he is done with Aranea.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48778 on: September 29, 2013, 12:07:42 am »

I think we have all missed the most important question of all. Is BG Dirk more or less real than Rufio?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48779 on: September 29, 2013, 12:15:34 am »

I think we have all missed the most important question of all. Is BG Dirk more or less real than Rufio?
Well Tavros *is* a Page.
But he isn't a Hope player.

So no.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 3250 3251 [3252] 3253 3254 ... 3524