Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3227 3228 [3229] 3230 3231 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5115560 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #48420 on: September 14, 2013, 05:22:35 am »

But the actual death wasn't just, nor was she evil. She died because of a meddling spidertroll trying to destroy the Big Bad, not because of her own evil actions.
Yes, exactly. If Jake had killed her himself, I probably could accept that as just. And if she'd tried to fight Aranea, I guess her death could be heroic, sea witch mind control notwithstanding.

I guess even if she doesn't get godtier-resurrected, there are like three other ways to bring her back. Jane has a resurrection power. She can wear the Ring once someone cuts it off Aranea's finger. And John, with his fucked up fourth wall powers, can just alter the timeline so that she never died in the first place.

Also, there's something about Aranea that makes me not like her when she kills people. Vriska was a much better evil spidertroll.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #48421 on: September 14, 2013, 05:26:56 am »

Alternatively, Just and Heroic deaths only apply to the alpha timeline, and being a now doomed line all bets are off and everybody can and will die, reguardless of what any OP spidertrolls have to say on the matter. This would imply that Daves story arc is about him coming to terms with his powers and going back to stop Aranea from getting the ring.
And then John appears and fucks everything up.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48422 on: September 14, 2013, 08:03:06 am »

Seemed like a pretty anticlimatic death so I'm guessing it's for real, poor Jade :(
Time shenanigens seems like a very likely possability though, Dave should have the motivation to attempt to undo Aranae's plot. Yes I probably misspelled her name.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48423 on: September 14, 2013, 08:42:20 am »

Seemed like a pretty anticlimatic death so I'm guessing it's for real, poor Jade :(
Time shenanigens seems like a very likely possability though, Dave should have the motivation to attempt to undo Aranae's plot. Yes I probably misspelled her name.
You consider dying to the full power of the Page of Hope and the million-years old Troll Ancestor after a pretty long struggle anti-climactic?
._.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48424 on: September 14, 2013, 08:46:15 am »

I think I now feel about Aranea the way the Vriska haters feel about Vriska.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48425 on: September 14, 2013, 08:48:17 am »

Full-on, undiluted lust?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48427 on: September 14, 2013, 09:29:17 am »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48428 on: September 14, 2013, 10:06:13 am »

But the actual death wasn't just, nor was she evil. She died because of a meddling spidertroll trying to destroy the Big Bad, not because of her own evil actions.
Biggest concern is that the witch wearing red shoes got killed by a house falling on her. That... may count as just, regardless. Oz reverberates, maaan.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48429 on: September 14, 2013, 10:09:37 am »

Slightly relevent?
That is amazingly accurate to the actual events of the story.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48430 on: September 14, 2013, 10:22:17 am »

Don't discount the Jane factor- I think she can still bring Jade back to life, even if it IS a just/heroic death.

And I could actually see the death being heroic, in a way- she was struggling to stop Jake from powering up and Aranea getting her way.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #48431 on: September 14, 2013, 10:55:13 am »

What if it's heroic AND just?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48432 on: September 14, 2013, 11:26:10 am »

You consider dying to the full power of the Page of Hope and the million-years old Troll Ancestor after a pretty long struggle anti-climactic?
Bam 'dead' instead of a graphic and dramatic death, followed by a silly sbhj joke and all that after such a powerful build up especially? Yeah anticlimatic as heck, and therefore real death. :(

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48433 on: September 14, 2013, 01:47:01 pm »

Bam 'dead' instead of a graphic and dramatic death, followed by a silly sbhj joke and all that after such a powerful build up especially? Yeah anticlimatic as heck, and therefore real death. :(

Yep.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48434 on: September 14, 2013, 01:50:44 pm »

Yep.

Well, this is rather bad.
Pages: 1 ... 3227 3228 [3229] 3230 3231 ... 3524