Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5115309 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #48285 on: September 09, 2013, 01:41:56 am »

He seems to be made of lasers.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48286 on: September 09, 2013, 01:50:45 am »

Well the asplosion seems to have stopped so I guess the Prospitians aren't going to die too.

Poor Dersites. :<
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48287 on: September 09, 2013, 02:01:12 am »

LASER EYES!

First, I believe that a Just death does not necessary mean that God Tier did something horrible. I believe that the Just and Heroic scale is the two aspects of the same concept. A God Tier will die a Just death when they are in conflict with the Alpha timeline, or when their death will facilitate the continuation of the Alpha timeline. On the other hand, a God Tier will die a Heroic death when they have accomplished their purpose in facilitating the Alpha timeline. That is to say, they have outlived their purpose.
I like this theory, but I doubt Aranea will die a standard godtier death, not even to mirror Vriska. She presumably cannot die at all while wearing the ring, and there are so many workarounds to the immortality rule(deringing, LEzor, Time shenanigans) that I expect a flashier outcome this close to the CLIMATIC BATTLE.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48288 on: September 09, 2013, 02:48:34 am »

She presumably cannot die at all while wearing the ring,

That reminds me of a certain character who got offed immediately after losing her ring.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48289 on: September 09, 2013, 05:33:17 am »

Okay, the potato (I think it's a potato? I slept last night) just destroyed all the tension that had been built over the last few potatoes. At least for me.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #48290 on: September 09, 2013, 09:46:31 am »

Why are updates being called potatoes now?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48291 on: September 09, 2013, 09:49:28 am »

Updates are only called updates once. They are thereafter referred to as potatoes to avoid people re-checking the website just in case.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48292 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:15 am »

Except people are terrible at it so I think we should stop.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48293 on: September 09, 2013, 10:32:56 am »

Okay, the potato (I think it's a potato? I slept last night) just destroyed all the tension that had been built over the last few potatoes. At least for me.
Why?
Personally I found it pretty important, since at least one of Jake's personality flaws is still there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48294 on: September 09, 2013, 11:17:14 am »

Why?
Personally I found it pretty important, since at least one of Jake's personality flaws is still there.
In what way is using archaic words a personality flaw?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48295 on: September 09, 2013, 11:26:26 am »

Why?
In what way is using archaic words a personality flaw?
It's not so much inherently what the words are, and more that they are completely inappropriate for the context.
He has just destroyed Derse and killed many people after being violently injected with light magic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #48296 on: September 09, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »

Update!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48297 on: September 09, 2013, 01:44:51 pm »

WHAT? A CERTAIN AMOUNT???

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48298 on: September 09, 2013, 02:04:50 pm »

It's conceivable that Derse is mostly fine. The explosion doesn't seem to be advancing further. And maybe all those buildings were uninhabited at the time. Haha no, they're all dead.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #48299 on: September 09, 2013, 03:42:00 pm »

Hussie over the past few weeks has been in. satrical-close-up-on-mouth-shots-and-phrase-mangling mode.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 3524