Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3215 3216 [3217] 3218 3219 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5115462 times)

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #48240 on: September 08, 2013, 04:40:09 am »

Well since he's already god tier and he didn't do anything for it to be heroic/cowardly it would be HIGHLY UNLIKELY if he died.

Same for Roxy.

Aranea's most likely dead, though. Again. Poor Dersites. :<
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #48241 on: September 08, 2013, 04:44:58 am »

That would be hilariously anticlimactic if Aranea just got blown up by her own healsplosion.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48242 on: September 08, 2013, 04:46:43 am »

Though thinking about it she's a god tier too so she probably survived...

Unless "self-sacrifice to make an ally absurdly powerful" counts as a heroic death.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48243 on: September 08, 2013, 05:34:09 am »

Though thinking about it she's a god tier too so she probably survived...

Unless "self-sacrifice to make an ally absurdly powerful" counts as a heroic death.
It could easily be just.
It seems that she knew perfectly well that her 'healing' Jake would be incredibly problematic for him.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48244 on: September 08, 2013, 05:44:35 am »

Well, barring the chance that he permanently generates that planet-destroying supernova of power then it's unlikely that he'll have any issues stemming from this.

Apart from the fact that Aranea basically fixed every flaw that he had that was preventing him from achieving that power and the fact that he'll be absurdly powerful I don't think much would change.

It would be very very silly if he was destroyed by his own power, especially considering it's Hope which pretty much seems to get its power from optimism rather than something horribly doom-y like Doom or Void.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48245 on: September 08, 2013, 05:53:40 am »

Well, barring the chance that he permanently generates that planet-destroying supernova of power then it's unlikely that he'll have any issues stemming from this.

Apart from the fact that Aranea basically fixed every flaw that he had that was preventing him from achieving that power and the fact that he'll be absurdly powerful I don't think much would change.

It would be very very silly if he was destroyed by his own power, especially considering it's Hope which pretty much seems to get its power from optimism rather than something horribly doom-y like Doom or Void.
Do you not at all remember the trickster arc? The one where the end consensus was that magically solving your personal problems isn't really a thing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48246 on: September 08, 2013, 05:56:33 am »

I don't think being killed like a schmuck because you inadvertently caused a planetary-scale explosion counts as either heroic or just.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48247 on: September 08, 2013, 06:03:10 am »

I don't think being killed like a schmuck because you inadvertently caused a planetary-scale explosion counts as either heroic or just.
Aranea knows many things. She might have known this was a possibility.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48248 on: September 08, 2013, 06:27:57 am »

As I recall the main issue with the trickster thing is that they didn't flat out solve all their personal problems, they just got higher than high on sugar and that led to a completely different set of problems. Like Roxy falling off the bandwagon. :<

This is pretty different because rather than "MY BRAIN IS CURRENTLY RUNNING ON SUGAR INSTEAD OF OXYGEN THIS IS GOOD IDEAS!" it's actually "well okay have all the flaws in your personality actually healed rather than sort of painted over with sugar"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48249 on: September 08, 2013, 06:40:00 am »

As I recall the main issue with the trickster thing is that they didn't flat out solve all their personal problems, they just got higher than high on sugar and that led to a completely different set of problems. Like Roxy falling off the bandwagon. :<

This is pretty different because rather than "MY BRAIN IS CURRENTLY RUNNING ON SUGAR INSTEAD OF OXYGEN THIS IS GOOD IDEAS!" it's actually "well okay have all the flaws in your personality actually healed rather than sort of painted over with sugar"
And let's not forget how Terezi magically had her eyes healed and also regrets that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48250 on: September 08, 2013, 07:26:56 am »

That is a fair point.

Though all this theorizing is pretty much meaningless. We've gotten on the Homestuck train and it could be going anywhere - there could be any manner of consequences. And, of course...

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THE HOMESTUCK TRAIN

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48251 on: September 08, 2013, 07:38:17 am »

That is a fair point.

Though all this theorizing is pretty much meaningless. We've gotten on the Homestuck train and it could be going anywhere - there could be any manner of consequences. And, of course...

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THE HOMESTUCK TRAIN
There's far to many puns I can suggest from this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48252 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
._.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48253 on: September 08, 2013, 09:59:13 am »

I thought it was already known that it was a reference to that. Geez, you people are slow.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48254 on: September 08, 2013, 09:59:41 am »

I thought it was already known that it was a reference to that. Geez, you people are slow.
Indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 3215 3216 [3217] 3218 3219 ... 3524