Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5115574 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #47955 on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:58 pm »

Honestly, I think people who think the matriorb getting successfully created is a bad thing kind of forgot that Alternia was also ruled by the Condesce, and it was pretty OK.

may I remind you that they paint with the blood of babies who were considered unsuitable for life
...OK by troll standard at least?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47956 on: August 24, 2013, 11:56:51 pm »

Honestly, I think people who think the matriorb getting successfully created is a bad thing kind of forgot that Alternia was also ruled by the Condesce, and it was pretty OK.

may I remind you that they paint with the blood of babies who were considered unsuitable for life

And if they didn't fill their quadrants they got culled, if they didn't get culled for any number of other reasons (or die in the military service which dominated their culture).
Alternia's kinda cool in an a really terrible dystopian way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47957 on: August 25, 2013, 12:13:20 am »

I just thought of something.

Jack's hatred of the Derse Queen is supposed to be a "universal constant," right? Because of this, it is quite likely that the first thing he does on arrival in the Alpha world will be to attempt to kill the Condesce. PM may also attack the Condesce, since the two queens are in opposition. Now, if the Condesce dies, then Jade and/or Jane may go back to normal. If Jade goes back to normal, and Jane doesn't, then Jade can simply remove the Unreal Heiress Thoughtwave Tiaratop; this assumes that Jane hasn't worn the tiaratop for so long that taking it off would make no difference.

This means that Jack Noir may be the hero that rescues the kids, though somewhat indirectly.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47958 on: August 25, 2013, 12:34:49 am »

He may attempt to kill the Condesce, but it won't be because he can't tell the difference between the Condesce and an instance of BQ. I don't think there's any magic compelling him to hate whoever happens to be the Queen of Derse (after all, this instance of Jack liked the Condesce), he just spades BQ, herself.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47959 on: August 25, 2013, 03:00:17 am »

...OK by troll standard at least?
The point is that "troll standard" isn't some natural thing inherent to their race -- Beforus wasn't like that.  The Condesce was described as being one of the key factors in Alternia being a terrible place, which means that "troll standards" are the Condesce's standards.  They were created by her!

(And the Haidmaid, but the Condesce was the more immediate cause.)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47960 on: August 25, 2013, 04:23:41 am »

Jack's hatred of the Derse Queen is supposed to be a "universal constant," right?

This assumes Condy can't simply mindcontrol both 4-Ringbearers. Vriska could control carapacians, Tavros could control dogs- her control over them would be far more direct than her control over Jad/ne, if maybe more micromanagement-intensive.

That being said, both JN and PM are badass superpowered killers, who would use the slightest delay or failure in strangling them with the mindleash to straight up murder a bitch. Doesn't mean they get a chance, or even manage to arrive in the Medium...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47961 on: August 25, 2013, 10:23:06 am »

And remember, they have fanatical loyalty to Jade, who is under the Condesce's thumb anyway.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47962 on: August 25, 2013, 10:43:22 am »

Jack's hatred of the Derse Queen is supposed to be a "universal constant," right?

This assumes Condy can't simply mindcontrol both 4-Ringbearers. Vriska could control carapacians, Tavros could control dogs- her control over them would be far more direct than her control over Jad/ne, if maybe more micromanagement-intensive.

That being said, both JN and PM are badass superpowered killers, who would use the slightest delay or failure in strangling them with the mindleash to straight up murder a bitch. Doesn't mean they get a chance, or even manage to arrive in the Medium...

Vriska can control carapacians? Didn't know that.

And remember, they have fanatical loyalty to Jade, who is under the Condesce's thumb anyway.

PM and/or Jack might be smart enough to realize that Jade is being mind controlled, and attempt to stop the source. But this is a good point.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47963 on: August 25, 2013, 01:21:14 pm »

Vriska can control carapacians? Didn't know that.
She controlled CD into telling DD about Rose's MEOW journal.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47964 on: August 25, 2013, 06:21:42 pm »

nvm

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47965 on: August 26, 2013, 01:56:48 pm »

Perfectly generic matriorb.
You use it to create perfectly generic trolls.

Fantrolls.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47966 on: August 26, 2013, 02:02:13 pm »

Perfectly generic matriorb.
You use it to create perfectly generic trolls.

Fantrolls.
Your name is NORMAL PERSON. Your interests include SPORTS and FILMS.

Why did nobody remind me that troll names have 6 letters and not 8?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:28:22 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47967 on: August 26, 2013, 02:06:41 pm »

The SPORTS involve PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, which you have FEELINGS ABOUT.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47968 on: August 26, 2013, 07:03:39 pm »

You also have a SELFDESTRUCTIVE HABIT that kind of bothers you but addiction is a powerful thing.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47969 on: August 27, 2013, 07:23:40 am »

You also sometimes CAPITALIZE THE IMPORTANT BITS OF TEXT when you TYPE.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 ... 3524