Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3187 3188 [3189] 3190 3191 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116685 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #47820 on: August 08, 2013, 01:13:22 am »

I am not sure what you are saying, PoH. o_o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #47821 on: August 08, 2013, 02:58:36 am »

Hmm... each known sburb logo has one extra square.  Presumably the A1 session did as well.  If each square represents a hero, this would mean an extra hero from each session.  This supports my four incoming players hypothesis, except that I have two from B1.  I guess that session A1 might actually provide a different Mage of Rage or Sylph of Blood.

And about Space/Doom: I realized that the Space icon looks more like a black hole than a galaxy, since a galaxy should have a core.  This fortifies the idea of the colors being swapped.

Long ago, I made a list of the still-living characters and thought that we had an extra space player and no doom players, and predicted that Jade was going to change to a Hero of Doom.  I was wrong about Sollux being dead, and Jade didn't quite change that way, but grimbark Jade now also indicates to me the link between Space and Doom.

I think I should re-investigate and update my still-living characters pattern.

EDIT: Check out my trickster mode avatar!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:45:45 am by DreamThorn »
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47822 on: August 08, 2013, 09:08:53 am »

I am not sure what you are saying, PoH. o_o

What he's saying is that John didn't retroactively appear in them, I think.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47823 on: August 08, 2013, 09:10:04 am »

I was really tired and really bad at reading, never mind.

For some reason I didn't read this page past "Let's see what Rose and Terezi are up to" so I assumed the Dave link didn't work. Then I saw that this page doesn't have a "Go Back" button and I thought that these two pages must be like that one page of Rose a few pages back that didn't get linked to by the comic and just linked back on itself.

But I was wrong.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47824 on: August 08, 2013, 12:42:45 pm »

That's because those were functioning on different levels of abstraction from their base reality. Dave used sburb-level time travel which was fairly heavily restricted and had hardset rules. John is a few levels above that, because he got a cheat item that lets him override a lot of rules.
So you're saying john is at 1 Cuil?

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47825 on: August 08, 2013, 02:02:34 pm »

ALERT: 1 PANEL UPDATE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47826 on: August 08, 2013, 02:22:52 pm »

Well look he just definitely totally confirmed without a shadow of a doubt what we've been talking to

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47827 on: August 08, 2013, 03:06:51 pm »

I like that it's so bizarre for actions to actually change the outcome of events.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47828 on: August 08, 2013, 03:07:52 pm »

Also, the ship hasn't been directly sunk now. It wasn't officially before, but it took a cannonball. Several, that is.

ALL HAIL THE WEAPON!

Okay, I'm going to stop now, at least until the Weapon does something spectacular. (Again?)
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47829 on: August 08, 2013, 03:38:28 pm »

I'm still leery of THE WEAPON, because I too liked the security of the alpha-timeline (infinite doomed alternate characters not-withstanding).  Still, this update has me feeling a bit better about it.  More interested in the inevitable disaster, and following triumph, which our heroes will inevitably^3 face.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #47830 on: August 08, 2013, 08:38:40 pm »

That's because those were functioning on different levels of abstraction from their base reality. Dave used sburb-level time travel which was fairly heavily restricted and had hardset rules. John is a few levels above that, because he got a cheat item that lets him override a lot of rules.
So you're saying john is at 1 Cuil?
Eh. Dave would be at 1 cuil. John would be 5 or 6. I'm not a huge fan of Cuils though, I prefer to think in reality-breaking in terms of fan fiction. Standard additions to the main story would be 1 fict, non-canon ship/otherwise changing canon characters fic would be 2 ficts, extremely out of character/slash fic would be 3 ficts, self-insert would be 4 ficts, and mary sue would be 5 ficts. On that scale Dave is 1 fict, and John is 4 ficts.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47831 on: August 09, 2013, 06:36:45 am »

I don't think a single page update is really worth mentioning, even if it does contain some important exposition.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47832 on: August 09, 2013, 06:39:57 am »

Even a single page update that consists of a sprite flip and no dialog is worth mentioning.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47833 on: August 09, 2013, 06:51:19 am »

This comic is getting real hard to follow, more so then normal anyway!

Wich timeline is the real deal at this point? Is the timeline and alpha timeline paradigm even still applicable to whatever is going on now? Or is the game that is homestock just going to glitch the hell out with these cheat timejumps, or maybe this is all in fact part of the game? Is it actually still considered to be a game like simulation at this point? Confusion!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47834 on: August 09, 2013, 06:55:41 am »

Even a single page update that consists of a sprite flip and no dialog is worth mentioning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3187 3188 [3189] 3190 3191 ... 3524