Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3033 3034 [3035] 3036 3037 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5133360 times)

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45510 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »

1) Just because you don't see that doesn't mean the rest doesn't matter. Besides, why can't he gain all that later? Caliborn is still early in his quest, and we haven't seen all of it.
Evidence matters, we came at you with some pretty hard observations in canon, and from word of god.
2) Because every character in the whole of Homestuck has stuck with the same weapon throughout their entire Sburb quest. Besides, he does have a sarswapagus.
Yes, but does it turn into a seizure coat with blatant Felt-Zilly Motifs, just like LE's FACE and LEG that can also allow him the ability to literally jump reality barriers, AND EMBODY THE FABRIC OF SPACETIME
3) I have more now.
Nonspecific at all.
4) Yes, because Lord English let him and was said explicitly in your link to be a seperate entity from Lord English.
Seperate entities in forms powers, and psyche, but still same body, and origin, from this you should say Doc Scratch is Caliborn too, but you  still wouldn't argue with me that Doc Scratch is Caliborn too
5) No he doesn't. He finds them cute.
Women hating doesn't make me my father, or you related to Mitt Romney. But that is besides the point, since LE is literally not born from Caliborn, and is not possessed by Caliborn, and doesn't share the same psyche of Caliborn, there is very little tying him to being Caliborn other than appearance, and Time Power.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:13:48 pm by Boea »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45511 on: February 27, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »

What word of god? The word of god you gave me ONLY said that Doc Scratch is not Lord English and nothing more, and was from before Caliborn appeared at all.

2. ...Yes! YES IT DOES! Have you seen John's hammer? You can alchemize anything.

3. Look back at my post, is what I mean:

3) They are both green, angry assholes.
3a) Who both wear suspenders.
3b) Who are both cherubs.
3c) Who are both the Lord of Time.
3d) Who are both referred to as "Calliope's brother" repeatedly.
3e) Who both have candy red blood.
6) Lord English's name has been given as "Califin" by a character who can't remember names and "Calicorn" by a character who had to make the "Calico" pun.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45512 on: February 27, 2013, 10:14:40 pm »

Has everyone forgotten the whole "I'm going to be in Lil Cal" thing Caliborn said? And then Lil Cal turning into Doc Scratch, and then Doc Scratch turning into LE?

Because this really should not be that difficult to track. All the steps have pretty much explicitly been laid out for us and there have been signs pointing towards them going "this is how he turns into Lord English" and then people are like "Well those aren't straightforward enough so clearly he can't be LE."

This is not Hussie trickery. Hussie is done with the trickery. This is as much of a leading-the-readers-on joke as Caliborn/Calliope sharing a body was.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #45513 on: February 27, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »

I still stand by my theory that Vriska is LE from halfway into Act 5.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45514 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:08 pm »

And Bec is totally Halley, 100%.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45515 on: February 27, 2013, 10:26:58 pm »

And Bec is totally Halley, 100%.

This has absolutely no relation whatsoever to the topic at hand.

The fact is, your "proof" of Caliborn not being Lord English is almost entirely outdated and based on things that are either blatantly false (unsimilar features?) or complete conjecture. Give me one thing straight out of the comic or from Hussie that was said after this flash, which basically confirmed Caliborn being LE the instant he first appeared.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45516 on: February 27, 2013, 11:03:41 pm »

I think he's implying that since Bec was alchemized from Halley, it's the same relationship as Caliborn/Lil Cal/LE.

Of course, that only makes sense if you deliberately ignore this whole conversation, but that seems par for the course with this argument.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45517 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:03 am »

That doesn't change the relationship.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45518 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:01 am »

That doesn't change the relationship.

What it does change is the fact that all instantiations of Lil' Cal and everything created from him contain the essence of Caliborn, making your argument moot.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45519 on: February 28, 2013, 12:26:40 am »

What it does change is the fact that all instantiations of Lil' Cal and everything created from him contain the essence of Caliborn, making Calsprite even scarier... Somehow. Seriously that thing is nightmare fuel already. What the fuck was Dave even thinking?
Fix'd.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45520 on: February 28, 2013, 02:39:19 am »

We also know that LE is the highest authority to The Felt, and Caliborn is running around right now collecting them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #45521 on: February 28, 2013, 03:04:18 am »

Are there people STILL doubting Caliborn being Lord English?
I mean, I get the "It's Homestuck" logic, but sometimes one need to relax and stop trying to spot a twist.

And anyways at this point with all the Caliborn =/= LE speculations Hussie would've just made Caliborn LE just so that it'd be a double-twist.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:08:14 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45522 on: February 28, 2013, 03:41:26 am »

Now that I've just skimmed that giant LE argument, you guys have got me wondering about Doc Scratch again. I can't remember the exact page, but I believe he mentioned something about having been host to LE in more than one session. And I think the magic cue balls have been referred to as his 'seeds', which he has shown the ability to control, like when he exploded Vriska's. As was mentioned in the linked LE Facts tumblr, LE is not the same entity as Scratch, and sheds the cueball portion of his anatomy when he becomes LE.

So, does this mean DS is actually some nebulous entity with the ability to use the Magic Cueballs as its eyes and voice, and whose seeds have been routinely used by Cal to craft First Guardians in some manner? (And if so, then what else was the cueball fused with? I doubt it was Lil Cal each time, considering Cal's a Juju. Heck, can LE even hatch in universes that have non-Scratch First Guardians?)

Also, I recall it being mentioned that LE is a known variable, something Sburb has already accounted for. I really do suspect he's effectively in some sort of failed mega-session and hasn't realized it yet.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45523 on: February 28, 2013, 05:25:06 am »

Hmm... regarding the latest LE discussion, I did just realize that there is another character we've seen, with the ability to shoot lasers out of their mouth.

Maybe he's got some Sprite in him, which is how he's tied to different game sessions?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45524 on: February 28, 2013, 10:19:47 am »

Hmm... regarding the latest LE discussion, I did just realize that there is another character we've seen, with the ability to shoot lasers out of their mouth.

Maybe he's got some Sprite in him, which is how he's tied to different game sessions?

I've been saying that for ages! Remember how his sprite is a black hole?
Pages: 1 ... 3033 3034 [3035] 3036 3037 ... 3524