Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3024 3025 [3026] 3027 3028 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5130418 times)

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45375 on: February 24, 2013, 09:27:11 am »

Again, reflections.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45376 on: February 24, 2013, 09:51:21 am »

Also, I'm not sure we know what Muses do other than be passive and women (and I am never going to let that one slide, Hussie >_____>). Where's this bit about enabling others to use her powers coming from?

That's passive means, as far as we can tell. Active means you use your powers directly, or you act directly on that sphere. (We still don't know what Lord does, and we've seen no evidence of time traveling from Caliborn, so he may use or act on that power in a different way. But we know he's active, so we know it's going to be DIRECT). We know the Witch is an example of a class that is the next step to Lord, but I suspect that Lord might be an overloaded Prince. Rather than simply being able to use his power, he destroys it in some way or to some benefit for himself.

Passive shares your powers with others or uses those powers to cause others to act. The Seer, our prototypical strong passive class, has the ability to share knowledge of their aspect with others or to guide others through knowledge of their aspect. They serve as a conduit, if you will. The Muse would be a Seer dialed up to 11. The Muse of Space would thus enable others to gain knowledge of space and how to manipulate it. I don't think the "Muse" being able to grant her space powers, giving others the knowledge of and ability to manipulate space only insofar as it supports her ultimate "plan", is all that out there. And it certainly describes the mythological muse, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:41:16 am by GlyphGryph »

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45377 on: February 24, 2013, 01:20:56 pm »

Please explain that again.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45378 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:00 pm »

Do we know where SBURB came from yet?

I keep thinking LE has something to do with Paradox Space, but he can't be responsible for that, he used SBURB like everyone else did.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45379 on: February 24, 2013, 01:39:00 pm »

No, but it's probably Calliope or something.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45380 on: February 24, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »

And to think, that the Homestuck Comic Proper was supposed to be a template story for SBurB.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45381 on: February 24, 2013, 02:49:06 pm »

It's made by deciphering the inscriptions in the ruins that come via Reckoning from the Medium. It's an information loop - the info creates itself.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45382 on: February 24, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »

It's made by deciphering the inscriptions in the ruins that come via Reckoning from the Medium. It's an information loop - the info creates itself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45383 on: February 24, 2013, 03:03:38 pm »

Except it gets simpler from each session to the next universe. Maybe-probably. Both troll sessions have had two ruins, unlike the human sessions which had one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45384 on: February 24, 2013, 03:15:26 pm »

Except it gets simpler from each session to the next universe. Maybe-probably. Both troll sessions have had two ruins, unlike the human sessions which had one.
Possibly, but that implies an upper limit on the number of universes that can be made, which is poor form for a reproductive process. I assumed it was an aspect of the troll session's inherent bifurcation meant to give the impression of two sessions to them, but there's no concrete proof that that's correct in preference to your explanation.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45385 on: February 24, 2013, 03:17:39 pm »

Possibly, but that implies an upper limit on the number of universes that can be made, which is poor form for a reproductive process. I assumed it was an aspect of the troll session's inherent bifurcation meant to give the impression of two sessions to them, but there's no concrete proof that that's correct in preference to your explanation.
That would make sense too.
We really need a book about Sburb. All of it. How it all works in some sort of game guide style book.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45386 on: February 24, 2013, 03:18:55 pm »

Maybe itself in some sort of game form. An adventure game, even.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45387 on: February 24, 2013, 03:22:16 pm »

That is a Homestuck adventure game advertised with Homestuck characters.
I'm talking about something about Sburb the game, not any specific session.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45388 on: February 24, 2013, 03:26:38 pm »

Nah, the game will be a jump-and-run of WV's adventures on devastated Earth.

Is there some GameFAQ-alike "discussion" forum for SBURB? All these roleplayers have to have been come up with something...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45389 on: February 24, 2013, 03:28:39 pm »

I believe that once a big part of the fandom hijacked the GameFAQ section for a game nobody plays anymore.
Can't remember what it was though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 3024 3025 [3026] 3027 3028 ... 3524