Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2999 3000 [3001] 3002 3003 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125218 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45000 on: February 11, 2013, 01:15:51 am »

Wait, I'm not seeing any inconsistency.
All of the God-Tiering from Quest Beds resulted in the player appearing on the Battlefield, didn't it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45001 on: February 11, 2013, 01:17:15 am »

A midwife with a very nice green costume.
What even happens to what ever you are wearing when you go god tier? Do you keep the outfit, or does it get turned into felt pjs?
Nothing in particular, as far as I know. John's corpse is still wearing his Vriska-provided duds on LoWaS, I'd assume. Vriska's ascension was a bit unclear so as to reserve the direct view for John: Rise Up, but likewise. Jade's were still on her body after she went god tier. Everybody else died in a fire, so their clothes went the way of the bunny.

Hussie has never been consistent about how God-Tiering works.  John died on a quest bed, then woke up as his Dreamself on the Battlefield.  His Dreamself didn't seem to stay in a consistent location when he was previously awake, and since it was already on the Battlefield at the time of his death it may or may not actually be significant.  And when Jade died, her consciousness went to her Dreamself as well.

When Vriska died however, her quest cocoon exploded or something while her Dreamself vanished from Prospit.  Exactly where she woke up God-Tiered isn't clear, because she's just floating in a generic blue background.  I seem to recall Hussie giving a Formspring answer or something to the effect of "when the player dies on the quest bed with an intact dreamself, it will be transported to the Battlefield and become the God-Tier player's new body" but I have no idea if that was just heavily implied or what.

At least the slabs work more or less consistently.  Just some ass-pull related confusion about where exactly they are.

Vriska's planet has a yellow and red sky, so she almost certainly woke up on the battlefield.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45002 on: February 11, 2013, 01:18:29 am »

I can't remember what happens in the story, especially back when Mr. Vanilla Milkshake was running the show... Which to a certain extent he kind of still is. That guy thought of everything.

it doesn't help it's pretty much confirmed lil cal is a vessel for caliborns soul. so when the queen created him he has most likely all the memories caliborn did, and who's to say what else that little brats going to put into lil cal for storage, hell he could be watching the entirety of homestuck from those screens. milkshake could be just a more "refined" character acting to scoot the timeline exactly where it needs to go for him to gain his own powers.

also, speaking of powers... how did lil cals eyes turn from eyes into the cueballs?
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #45003 on: February 11, 2013, 01:33:52 am »

also, speaking of powers... how did lil cals eyes turn from eyes into the cueballs?

Creepy puppet magic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45004 on: February 11, 2013, 01:38:11 am »

Creepy puppet magic.
in a bit of my own speculation here i say lil cal stays with caliborn at least until he gets his powers.... to be honest though, i think getting his powers is going to be because he wanted to move too quickly into something always wanting to take the easiest way to his "victory"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45005 on: February 11, 2013, 01:41:59 am »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:44:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45006 on: February 11, 2013, 01:44:11 am »

Alternia Jack didn't die, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45007 on: February 11, 2013, 01:46:24 am »

Yeah, you have the order switched. He shot snowman THEN was nursed by Hussie.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45008 on: February 11, 2013, 01:47:19 am »

I've decided to update the Jacktracker.

Beta Kids Jack
Outside Alpha/Beta Kids' Universe - Gets here from who knows where, destroys their Bilious Slick with Red Miles.

This took place from the Troll session.  The Beta and Alpha Earth universes are the same Frog, the universe just got reset inside it.  When Beta Kids' Jack destroyed the Frog in the Trolls' universe, it obliterated both Beta and Alpha Earth, and every other version of Earth that ever existed.  It just took two years longer for his red shit to reach the Alpha one because that particular instantiation was deeper inside the Frog (i.e. Hussie pulled a reason out of his ass after thinking it through).
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45009 on: February 11, 2013, 01:51:36 am »

Outside Alpha/Beta Kids' Universe - Gets here from who knows where, destroys their Bilious Slick with Red Miles.

It sorta occurred to me... could this mean like the trolls caliborn creates the alpha kids universe, and in that sense beta jack enters caliborns incinipshere at some point?

than again caliborns skaia is "dead" though apparently his session has an alternate goal anyway. so maybe there is a way to make a universe out of a dead session?

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45010 on: February 11, 2013, 01:55:26 am »

I think Hussie explained that all timelines of a universe exist inside the same frog.

As for Caliborn's goal... it probably is hijacking some losers' session.
Our losers' session.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45011 on: February 11, 2013, 02:48:37 am »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:44:55 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45012 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:57 am »

When Vriska fights Jack in a doomed timeline, you can see lilypads on a blue background thing. There also doesn't seem to be much reason for Bilious Slick to have moved, anyway. He didn't seem that mobile. Occam's Razor and all that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45013 on: February 11, 2013, 05:33:28 pm »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #45014 on: February 11, 2013, 05:46:43 pm »

AWW YISSSSSSS
This is extremely relevant to my interests.
Pages: 1 ... 2999 3000 [3001] 3002 3003 ... 3524