Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2998 2999 [3000] 3001 3002 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125211 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #44985 on: February 10, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »

Jade just being Jade. Gotta love the cool, refreshing taste of Mary Sue Classic©.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44986 on: February 10, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »

I meant genetically speaking. And I was asking which pair made which other pair, I'm terrible at remembering which generation is which in terms of family tree.

Jake and Jane are unrelated, and they were each cloned from themselves later in life (as Grampa/Nanna); combining their ectoslime (done by John on the asteroid) produced John and Jade.
Roxy and Dirk are unrelated, but ectoparented Rose and Dave.
These relationships hold in both universes; the scratch merely changed where each baby got sent relative to the original.

So, in summary;

Genetically speaking
Dirk spawned Dirk.
Roxy spawned Roxy.
Roxy + Dirk spawned Rose + Dave.
Jake spawned Jake.
Jane spawned Jane.
Jake + Jane spawned John + Jade.

Ectobiologically though, you can argue John is everyone's dad, as he did the actual moving and shaking :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44987 on: February 10, 2013, 11:04:52 pm »

He's more of a midwive really.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44988 on: February 10, 2013, 11:31:08 pm »

A midwife with a very nice green costume.
What even happens to what ever you are wearing when you go god tier? Do you keep the outfit, or does it get turned into felt pjs?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44989 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:43 pm »

But that's not nearly as funny. If John is their father, then he is also their grandfather as he is the father of their father, who is himself. And because of that he is also their great grandfather, and so on. He has to count as their father or else we miss out on what might be the only family tree where you can keep going up and it's the exact same person forever.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44990 on: February 10, 2013, 11:47:28 pm »

But that's not nearly as funny. If John is their father, then he is also their grandfather as he is the father of their father, who is himself. And because of that he is also their great grandfather, and so on. He has to count as their father or else we miss out on what might be the only family tree where you can keep going up and it's the exact same person forever.
He's also their nephew then!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44991 on: February 10, 2013, 11:50:32 pm »

This reminds me of a song from my childhood. :P

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44992 on: February 10, 2013, 11:58:50 pm »

If you think that's funny try and sort through the troll ectobiology tree, poor poor fractal family tree karkat
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44993 on: February 11, 2013, 12:00:02 am »

The troll ectobiology, as far as we know, is literally "vriska --> vriska + aranea" etc.

It could be something more complex, of course, but... yeesh.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44994 on: February 11, 2013, 12:02:19 am »

Strange that the Alpha kids did the biology, but the Beta trolls handled theirs.
In this way, wouldn't that ensure that the Alpha trolls were always doomed (Because the scratch mush have happened to ensure that one day Karkat could breed some grubs ensuring that the entire timeline wasn't doomed) but the Alpha kids were meant to win, or at least not scratch?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44995 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:24 am »

Strange that the Alpha kids did the biology, but the Beta trolls handled theirs.
In this way, wouldn't that ensure that the Alpha trolls were always doomed (Because the scratch mush have happened to ensure that one day Karkat could breed some grubs ensuring that the entire timeline wasn't doomed) but the Alpha kids were meant to win, or at least not scratch?

This was explained directly in-story as having been caused by LE, yes.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44996 on: February 11, 2013, 12:12:52 am »

I can't remember what happens in the story, especially back when Mr. Vanilla Milkshake was running the show... Which to a certain extent he kind of still is. That guy thought of everything.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44997 on: February 11, 2013, 12:48:15 am »

What even happens to what ever you are wearing when you go god tier? Do you keep the outfit, or does it get turned into felt pjs?
Nothing in particular, as far as I know. John's corpse is still wearing his Vriska-provided duds on LoWaS, I'd assume. Vriska's ascension was a bit unclear so as to reserve the direct view for John: Rise Up, but likewise. Jade's were still on her body after she went god tier. Everybody else died in a fire, so their clothes went the way of the bunny.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44998 on: February 11, 2013, 12:59:05 am »

Nothing in particular, as far as I know. John's corpse is still wearing his Vriska-provided duds on LoWaS, I'd assume. Vriska's ascension was a bit unclear so as to reserve the direct view for John: Rise Up, but likewise. Jade's were still on her body after she went god tier. Everybody else died in a fire, so their clothes went the way of the bunny.

Hussie has never been consistent about how God-Tiering works.  John died on a quest bed, then woke up as his Dreamself on the Battlefield.  His Dreamself didn't seem to stay in a consistent location when he was previously awake, and since it was already on the Battlefield at the time of his death it may or may not actually be significant.  And when Jade died, her consciousness went to her Dreamself as well.

When Vriska died however, her quest cocoon exploded or something while her Dreamself vanished from Prospit.  Exactly where she woke up God-Tiered isn't clear, because she's just floating in a generic blue background.  I seem to recall Hussie giving a Formspring answer or something to the effect of "when the player dies on the quest bed with an intact dreamself, it will be transported to the Battlefield and become the God-Tier player's new body" but I have no idea if that was just heavily implied or what.

At least the slabs work more or less consistently.  Just some ass-pull related confusion about where exactly they are.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44999 on: February 11, 2013, 01:10:53 am »

Wait, you mean Hussie has been... Dare I say it? Inconsistent in the laws of Homestuck? Well, fuck! Now I don't know what to believe in!
Pages: 1 ... 2998 2999 [3000] 3001 3002 ... 3524