Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2993 2994 [2995] 2996 2997 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5124362 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #44910 on: February 08, 2013, 09:13:17 am »

This is awfully tame for a four player ascension.

Betting on crushed expectations at the last second.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44911 on: February 08, 2013, 10:01:20 am »

I like how, with Homestuck, we can casually converse about a villains crazy (infinite) hair after said villain just helped in murdering the four main (at the moment) characters.

On that note, yeah. This is a rather non-flashy way for four characters to ascend at once, compared to the ascensions I recall. 'tis suspicious.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44912 on: February 08, 2013, 10:37:07 am »

I like how, with Homestuck, we can casually converse about a villains crazy (infinite) hair after said villain just helped in murdering the four main (at the moment) characters.

On that note, yeah. This is a rather non-flashy way for four characters to ascend at once, compared to the ascensions I recall. 'tis suspicious.

non-flashy

You son of a bitch.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44913 on: February 08, 2013, 10:58:02 am »

Primordial ooze god-tiers.

That stuff covering them is way colorful.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44914 on: February 08, 2013, 12:01:58 pm »

non-flashy

You son of a bitch.

It seems my subconscious still retains some wit.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #44915 on: February 08, 2013, 12:32:08 pm »

Very fitting for a void session, no?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44916 on: February 08, 2013, 12:40:43 pm »

Very fitting for a void session, no?

I feel there was no build up to it like the ascensions before, particularly Aradia's.

(( though excluding the events of cascade a bit due to it pretty much being the climax of homestuck so far))

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:42:35 pm by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #44917 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:16 pm »

Trickster mode was the buildup. That's why Hussie compared it to the Mario cheat star, because it took them from 0 to god tier in .8 seconds. Getting them onto their quest slabs was really the only substantial effect that interlude had on the plot.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44918 on: February 08, 2013, 01:09:42 pm »

Oh come on Hussie, don't stop there!
I want to see Dirk in princely pantaloons and Jake in a speedo.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44919 on: February 08, 2013, 01:45:58 pm »

Trickster mode was the buildup. That's why Hussie compared it to the Mario cheat star, because it took them from 0 to god tier in .8 seconds. Getting them onto their quest slabs was really the only substantial effect that interlude had on the plot.
It also undid one of the doubletroll sprites. What happened to the others after Fefetasprite blew up, we don't know, but they're certainly not onscreen anymore and I haven't got high hopes for their continued longevity. Although part of that is because I want them to stop being things >_________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44920 on: February 08, 2013, 02:42:34 pm »

Erisolsprite is the greatest accomplishment of our generation.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44921 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

I'm still wondering about that "life" it brought to Jane's land.  It was behaving like a virus, particularly when it converted the minions into zillium.  She also converted a bunch of horrorterrors and cherubs!  Cherubs!

Actually I'm just going to go back to not thinking about that until it gets explained, a MSPA tactic which has served me well.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44922 on: February 08, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »

It also undid one of the doubletroll sprites. What happened to the others after Fefetasprite blew up, we don't know, but they're certainly not onscreen anymore and I haven't got high hopes for their continued longevity. Although part of that is because I want them to stop being things >_________>
Poor, dear, sweet, fefeta.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44923 on: February 08, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »

Primordial ooze god-tiers.

That stuff covering them is way colorful.

I hope that's ooze covering them. I was of the impression that the colors and light were just them still remanifesting, and that they were melting...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44924 on: February 08, 2013, 07:14:48 pm »

nah, John oozed too, and he was a clean kill.
Pages: 1 ... 2993 2994 [2995] 2996 2997 ... 3524