Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2886 2887 [2888] 2889 2890 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5130569 times)

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #43305 on: December 09, 2012, 12:59:10 am »

Sad jump is cracking me up and making me cry.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #43306 on: December 09, 2012, 02:42:46 am »

Pfft, of course he's dead. Just like everyone else outside the parties. Universe A, everyone dies (including the guardians); Universe B, everyone dies (including the guardians). He's dead, Jim. As is universe B dave and universe B rose. And universe A John, Dirk, Jane, and Roxy. And if there's one thing Hussie likes in his homestuck, it's symmetry.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:44:54 am by alway »

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43307 on: December 09, 2012, 05:25:34 am »

I kind of like Caliborn more now.

His gloating felt genuinely evil and still kind of uplifting. He portrayed Dad's possible demise as horrifying, yet ...noble at the same time.
One thing still...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope that Homestuck isn't killing off its most badass character again already. That would be pretty lame, symmetric or not, and it is a depressing enough story, if you stop laughing at it for a moment.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43308 on: December 09, 2012, 07:58:27 am »

IDE: Jane didn't jump far enough and falls into the pit. Most shittiest character death ever since Nepeta.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43309 on: December 09, 2012, 08:01:22 am »

Nah, there's a balloon cushioning her fall.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43310 on: December 09, 2012, 08:14:14 am »

Huh. He just invented Calculus. That's actually kind of impressive.

Yes, it is. Also, despite his messed up inability to comprehend circles, and freehand circles being bloody difficult to draw in real life, he just managed to make a zig-zaggy line of right angles form a circle. With a trackball. Hussie was right. Caliborn's is quite an inspiring story. It's just a shame that all of his accomplishments will be so horrible.

Okay, Caliborn said that Dad is dead. I'm not sure I believe that.

I don't think he's lying. With his complete inability to comprehend human emotions, would he even know beforehand that hearing about it would make Jane miserable? And it really wouldn't be his style, you know? From that trick with the chess royals, we know that he's fully capable of making incredibly circuitous plans, but he really seems to prefer brute force when possible. Of course, the exact words he used were
uu: BUT YOUR PATHETIC, FRAIL HUMAN "DAD" IS A DIFFERENT STORY. THERE IS NO DOUBT AT ALL. THAT HE IS DEAD BY NOW!
which hints that he didn't actually see him die. He could just be wrong.

"Sadjump" made me laugh, and then feel bad about laughing.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43311 on: December 09, 2012, 10:59:16 am »

Keep in mind we've already seen the Dersite prison system. Being used on Dad, in fact. And it couldn't do SHIT to him.

IDE/THEORY: Roxy will be thrown into a cell, and Dad will be her cellmate, cue platonic bonding as universal counterpart to their Betaverse romance.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43312 on: December 09, 2012, 01:33:05 pm »

The only reason I think Dad isn't dead is because revealing it this way isn't terribly dramatic. It's a good bit of knife-twisting for Jane, but not for the audience. Guardian deaths generally don't happen with so little fanfare in this narrative. Lusus deaths happened that way as a gag ("Later there was a cave-in"), because they didn't really have enough character to make their deaths meaningful to the audience (which was necessitated by the structure of Hivebent, anyway). Dad, on the other hand, is somebody the audience has grown attached to - enough to make the relentlessly lighthearted a good joke.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #43313 on: December 09, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »

See, that kind of thinking is exactly why I believe Caliborn. It's just unceremonious to make it unbelievable that he'd kill DAD off like that, which is why Hussie is serious about it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43314 on: December 09, 2012, 03:25:38 pm »

I think Caliborn's talking about John's dad.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43315 on: December 09, 2012, 03:27:34 pm »

That sound exactly like a thing he'd do, or rather, not grasp.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43316 on: December 09, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »

I think Caliborn's talking about John's dad.

Nah, John's dad didn't die anywhere near Derse.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43317 on: December 09, 2012, 04:57:18 pm »

The only reason I think Dad isn't dead is because revealing it this way isn't terribly dramatic.
See, that kind of thinking is exactly why I believe Caliborn. It's just unceremonious to make it unbelievable that he'd kill DAD off like that, which is why Hussie is serious about it.

Schrödingers Dad.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43318 on: December 09, 2012, 05:03:55 pm »

Hang on a sec, I just realized something: Okay, the meteor team is riding in on a meteor. This meteor is found parked on Earth during Cherub time. How did it get there? If it lands there directly, before the meteor crew gets into the session, how do they do so? If they ditch it after entering the session, how does it get to earth? There's not gonna be a reckoning, so the meteor can't get back that way, and it wouldn't make sense for the meteor team to freeload at Roxy or Dirk's place until they enter the medium, and then hide for several months.

Someone help me out here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43319 on: December 09, 2012, 05:33:58 pm »

Hang on a sec, I just realized something: Okay, the meteor team is riding in on a meteor. This meteor is found parked on Earth during Cherub time. How did it get there? If it lands there directly, before the meteor crew gets into the session, how do they do so? If they ditch it after entering the session, how does it get to earth? There's not gonna be a reckoning, so the meteor can't get back that way, and it wouldn't make sense for the meteor team to freeload at Roxy or Dirk's place until they enter the medium, and then hide for several months.

Someone help me out here.
Just because there's no reckoning doesn't mean it can't get in through Skaia.
They could just push it through or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2886 2887 [2888] 2889 2890 ... 3524