Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2861 2862 [2863] 2864 2865 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127534 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #42930 on: November 22, 2012, 07:50:40 pm »

I have that exact type of mouse.

You mean one with a trackball that's welded to something?
No, not welded to something. I meant that my mouse is the same brand, Logitech.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42931 on: November 22, 2012, 08:04:29 pm »

I'm noticing so many lines I didn't before.

GA: When Time Travel Comes Up You Present The Face That A Man Shows When The Breeze Gradually Alerts Him To His Absence Of Netherdressings
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42932 on: November 22, 2012, 08:13:05 pm »

GA: When Time Travel Comes Up You Present The Face That A Man Shows When The Breeze Gradually Alerts Him To His Absence Of Netherdressings

a.k.a "a day in the life of John Egbert"

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42933 on: November 22, 2012, 09:31:21 pm »

This is the video that showed me Homestuck:

Volatile Times
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42934 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:01 pm »

I need to do a triple take to know what Kanaya is talking about.

Since she doesn't use punctuation it's incredibly hard especially without context.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42935 on: November 23, 2012, 01:12:56 am »

Seriously, guys. Gamzee may not be god-tier, but he's at least at the top his echeladder. Caliborn as a basic rifle, and he's clearly at the bottom of his.

It doesn't matter what it looks like, each of those bullets is probably doing only a single point of damage, and Gamzee likely has well over 9000 HP. None of them are even criticals.
I'm way late, but what happened to vitality gel and gel viscosity and all those stats? It's like, as soon as it was convenient to not have them anymore, they were gone, letting everyone get injured fatally. Earlier, all those imps could do to John was push him back and maybe knock him down if he was feeling particularly incompetent.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42936 on: November 23, 2012, 01:17:04 am »

Thats just how everything works.
People forget about the rules they make for their universe...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42937 on: November 23, 2012, 01:17:37 am »

My guess is simple: The amount of damage high level characters can do (with equally high level weapons) increases significantly faster than the amount of damage they can survive. Since all the trolls were top level (if not top tier), their damage potential vastly outstripped their life bars.

They only matter in a situations like this, where the weapon seems to be of decent, but not huge, power, wielded by a low level character without any notable special abilities.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42938 on: November 23, 2012, 01:33:49 am »

It comes up in a few situations where a character is attacking somebody even more ludicrously resilient (John bopping Jack during their previous encounter, for instance). The Vrillyhoo Warhammer probably oneshots just about anything less than a First Guardian, so I think GlyphGryph's theory is plausible.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42939 on: November 23, 2012, 01:45:00 am »

Man, I'm seriously hoping the Homestuck adventure game lets us switch between a pool of characters at any time. That would be awesome.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42940 on: November 23, 2012, 01:52:01 am »

It runs on video game logic, so yeah, I'm behind that theory. As everyone knows, at high levels, the most dangerous foe is a teammate with the confuse effect.

Man, I'm seriously hoping the Homestuck adventure game lets us switch between a pool of characters at any time. That would be awesome.

That would be cool.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #42941 on: November 23, 2012, 02:53:15 am »

Oh god, imagine having to talk to each random pleb 6 different times, just to make sure you don't miss anything important.

And then all the backtracking when you get someone new... I had enough of that in the intermission flashes, thank you very much.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42942 on: November 23, 2012, 04:37:40 am »

My guess is simple: The amount of damage high level characters can do (with equally high level weapons) increases significantly faster than the amount of damage they can survive. Since all the trolls were top level (if not top tier), their damage potential vastly outstripped their life bars.

They only matter in a situations like this, where the weapon seems to be of decent, but not huge, power, wielded by a low level character without any notable special abilities.
Anybody who ever played a significant amount of RPG's is probably familiar with this.

999 HP, 99999 damage caps, anybody?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42943 on: November 23, 2012, 05:25:52 am »

The Vrillyhoo Warhammer probably oneshots just about anything less than a First Guardian, so I think GlyphGryph's theory is plausible.
I believe John is depicted one-shotting Hephaestus at the start of Cascade.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42944 on: November 23, 2012, 05:31:08 am »

I doubt that was Hephaestus. It looked like an end-game random encounter.
Pages: 1 ... 2861 2862 [2863] 2864 2865 ... 3524