Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125542 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #42705 on: November 16, 2012, 07:29:21 pm »

That kinda makes sense. In a weird homestucky sorta way.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42706 on: November 16, 2012, 07:31:09 pm »

What if one personality killing the other is a normal part of cherub biology?

I'm pretty sure Aranea said this outright in A6I3 walkaround 1.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42707 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »

Well Calliope did like dressing up. He still used Caliborn's gun, but he also used Calliope's wand and had a lime green mansion. Unless he at one point gets over his hate to such a degree that he starts using more of her things. The fact his name is Lord English and his eyes are cue balls and you can't see his actual eyes is kind of odd. So who knows with Hussie?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's also a green sun. There isn't much in the way of Caliborn's actual color theme anywhere at all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:54:34 pm by Asra »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42708 on: November 16, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »

byb wai

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42709 on: November 16, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »

Looks like it to me. All things considered, that's not all that out there by Homestuck standards.

Also, UPDATE!

Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42710 on: November 16, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »

Looks like it to me. All things considered, that's not all that out there by Homestuck standards.

Aranea had this to say:

"She is the other cheru8. The Lord's female counterpart, who once occupied the same 8ody. 8ut when they reached maturity, his personality dominated the host, assuming complete control. She technically died that day, and now her spirit presuma8ly roams somewhere out here in the furthest ring."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42711 on: November 16, 2012, 09:22:38 pm »

Mind you trolls have had a terrible track record of telling true facts to the protagonists.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42712 on: November 16, 2012, 09:23:30 pm »

Yeah, but you people are discussing this thing as if it's a new idea as opposed to something that's only been recently reiterated :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42713 on: November 16, 2012, 09:27:47 pm »

Such an interesting puzzle.
I know this is common knowledge, but Doc Scratch is so tied to Calliope it hurts. 
"His" genetic code comes from the trolls, specifically from two pairings (Team Charge and Team Scourge) plus Gamzee.  Calliope likes trolls and shipping them.  It also includes the ~ath book!  Not the same one she drew in, but still.
What's that? I see. You think you already know my name. You do not know my real name, Jack, just as none of your adversaries on this planet know yours. You only know my nickname.

It's a good nickname too. Befitting of the passive gunslinger charged with initiating the break. I am my master's weapon. His soldier in a war of one bullet fired. But when that bullet clears the barrel, it won't be my finger on the trigger. I'm a facilitator, not an assassin.
"Bluh bluh my name's a big secret and I'm a muse."

Space powers.  The revolver.  Wearing a coat over suspenders.  Never lying.  Being overly interested in little girls.  Yeah, I know, this isn't news to anyone.

You know how Sburb tries to teach players the value of friendship?  I think Caliborn's going to realize how hollow his victory is and accepts a formal surrender from Calliope.  They work together to become Lord English, all powerful master of both space and time.  It's Lord because Caliborn, the winner, is still in charge.  Hence Doc Scratch mentioning "his" master being evil.

So Lord English has all the powers of both, and both weapons, but in the end he really is Caliborn right?  Nope.  Caliborn is a red herring, and Calliope is a dirty cheater.  Perhaps it's the "wildcard" HONK code, or an arrangement with The Felt (who already serve her as Doc Scratch), but somehow she breaks the alliance and takes control of their body.  That's why there's almost nothing red about Lord English.  Only his cheeks, a detail that Calliope can't or won't correct.

That's my IDE/THEORY and I'm sticking to it!  Oh shit another update while I was typing wtf

Edit: Also Cerol kinda ninja'd me.  But I made more baseless conjecture, that's worth something right?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:32:02 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #42714 on: November 16, 2012, 09:31:59 pm »

TG: dying is a hell of a way to sober up quick

i vote this for best line of the update

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42715 on: November 17, 2012, 05:49:23 am »

Totally has to be a roxy_ebubble in Fortbent now.

Food for thought:
Scratch has mentioned that he never failed to summon LE into a universe. Now, if he's the First Guardian of Alternia, how would he have managed to do so before (technical details notwithstanding, like saying that he never tried before, so he could never fail either)?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:44:14 am by Darvi »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42716 on: November 17, 2012, 06:54:22 am »

Totally has to be a roxy_ebubble in Fortbent now.

Food for thought:
Scratch has mentioned that he never failed to summon LE into a universe. Now, if he's the First Guardian of Alternia, how would he have managed to do so before (technical details notwithstanding, like saying that he never tried before, so he could never fail either)?
Alternate timeline versions. He was talking about them. About how he exists in multiple sessions and things. None of them have ever failed to summon LE.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42717 on: November 17, 2012, 06:57:20 am »

He doesn't know what happens in alternate timelines, though. He wouldn't say that if he wasn't entirely certain, which he wouldn't.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42718 on: November 17, 2012, 07:00:51 am »

Well he hasn't done any of that yet... What I want to know is when does he become irrelevant to the plot, thus able to go and kill RoboHussie/Ms Paint/Most likely Spades

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42719 on: November 17, 2012, 07:55:53 am »

You know how Sburb tries to teach players the value of friendship?  I think Caliborn's going to realize how hollow his victory is and accepts a formal surrender from Calliope.  They work together to become Lord English, all powerful master of both space and time.  It's Lord because Caliborn, the winner, is still in charge.  Hence Doc Scratch mentioning "his" master being evil.

So Lord English has all the powers of both, and both weapons, but in the end he really is Caliborn right?  Nope.  Caliborn is a red herring, and Calliope is a dirty cheater.  Perhaps it's the "wildcard" HONK code, or an arrangement with The Felt (who already serve her as Doc Scratch), but somehow she breaks the alliance and takes control of their body.  That's why there's almost nothing red about Lord English.  Only his cheeks, a detail that Calliope can't or won't correct.

And if this is correct, Calliope (female) in the form of a Lord (male) neatly parallels Caliborn's chess gambit of switching the king and queen's caps. Calliope really really hated that, and I could see her incorporating something like that into her revenge, as a form of one-upmanship.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."
Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 3524