Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123940 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #42630 on: November 14, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »

Mini update.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #42631 on: November 14, 2012, 05:42:02 pm »

Looks like his whole planet got sucked into the session instead of him having a created planet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42632 on: November 14, 2012, 05:42:27 pm »

Mini update.
No, that is a standard full-on update.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42633 on: November 14, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »

Eh, sense of scale and stuff.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #42634 on: November 14, 2012, 05:45:32 pm »

The last update where all we got was "You are now Caliborn" was a mini. This isn't.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42635 on: November 15, 2012, 05:56:04 am »

Thread got pretty low, so I gotta declare another update to keep it from sinking into obscurity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:02:35 am by Darvi »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42636 on: November 15, 2012, 06:01:49 am »

Thread got pretty low, so I gotta declare another update to keep it from sinking into obscurity.

Indeed, which let's me post this!
Spoiler: Spoilered for epilepsy (click to show/hide)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #42637 on: November 15, 2012, 06:26:45 am »

I'll make this my only notifier pic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's hard being a third-person perspective antagonist. It's hard and nobody understands.

Anyway, saw this back in 2005.  It might as well be fanart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0IpO0RyCs
Heh. Headcanon Mage of Time.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42638 on: November 15, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

I didn't know Buttmonkey of Time was a legit class.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42639 on: November 15, 2012, 03:29:58 pm »

So I guess Caliborn's session is broken to hell and back.

I like the direct mention of weird magical rules that nobody understands and have no discernible origin or purpose. I guess the weird Juju bullshit is required to make him a proper mythological figure? They always have nonsensical limitations like that.

EDIT/THEORY: Caliborn's session is actually what a normal Sburb session is supposed to be like. The TRUE PURPOSE of the game is to kill your co-players and become an immortal time-traveling demon. All the stuff about growing a universe frog is just a failsafe, a bullshit spare adventure the game tosses up if more than one player successfully enters the game for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:32:54 pm by Soadreqm »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42640 on: November 15, 2012, 04:04:00 pm »

Man, Caliborn has even more issues than I thought he did.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42641 on: November 15, 2012, 04:08:09 pm »

EDIT/THEORY: Caliborn's session is actually what a normal Sburb session is supposed to be like. The TRUE PURPOSE of the game is to kill your co-players and become an immortal time-traveling demon. All the stuff about growing a universe frog is just a failsafe, a bullshit spare adventure the game tosses up if more than one player successfully enters the game for whatever reason.
Then, all the time demons fight!
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Vol. 9 Album
« Reply #42642 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:35 pm »

So, been doing some thinking on the nature of the 4th wall throughout the story. Homestuck started as a story that recognized reader input both in where the plot went, and even by the characters themselves. The characters made references to Hussie's earlier works, and the story recognized the author himself as a character (and a mortal one at that). Now, with how Calliope refers to the kids as "characters", and the fact that she seems to be reading the comic like us, it gets me thinking...

Calli's personality seems to represent fandom in response to a story, specifically to Homestuck. Suppose that Calli and/or her brother become Lord English, and that killing Hussie was a way for her/them to literally alter the plot in an authorial way, as some kind of supercharged 4th-wall-breaking fanfic writer who "assembles followers (ie. fans) to destroy universes (ie. stories) he has marked for predation".

It resonates with Hussie's thoughts regarding user-driven content, and the importance of an author exercising control over it... having the ultimate antagonist of a 4th-wall-breaking story be a fandom which reverse-breaks the fourth wall, and for all their love for it destroys the universe.

So, Cherubs are inherently aware of the fact that they're in a story... or at least aware in some fashion of the hand of Hussie hovering above them. I think Hussie's Authorial Control over the Cherubs is akin to the exiles' suggestions and commands to other characters. I guess that's why LE singled out Hussie in the intermission... he was tired of that authorial bullshit. And now he is a free agent, outside of the control of the author, and free to destroy the story universe which all his hated sister's fanfiction was about (probably because she too had a form of 4th-wall omniscience and was a Homestuck Fan), with the author himself cowering in fear from his own character.

Other Theories: The Cherubs are on the meteor the kids and trolls rode from session to session on, which they had to abandon in a hurry for some reason or other (hence Rose leaving her Diary for Callie, etc.) It drifted through Paradox Space and eventually crashed on the Cherub Planet... which is possibly the planet the Humans created/will create when they win their session. And the Cherubs (or perhaps Callie?) creates/has already created the Alpha Troll Planet as an expression of fandom, when their session is eventually won. Thus everything is a giant self-fulfilling loop.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42643 on: November 15, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »

I still believe the Theory that the Cherubs are just Ecto Siblings created from Jade, Karkat, and Lil' Cal. And also that all the Juju and magical rule stuff is just the bullshit Gamzee told them.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 ... 3524