Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2748 2749 [2750] 2751 2752 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5131025 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [KICKS] Make Them Pay
« Reply #41235 on: September 24, 2012, 03:43:37 pm »

Or Chronus is flipping creepy guy who's totally down with sexually abusing possibly retarded "friend"s.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #41236 on: September 24, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's Gamzee. The Terrortrain only drives in one direction: extra-terrifying.

And that love n-angle is expendable at will, though I don't want to dwell on this.

I think that the ancestors are meant to be pretty much exaggurated versions of badly roleplayed/misrepresented characters, which is lampshaded pretty hard in the HTML5 (It doesn't sound quite as catchy as a Flash does it?).
We need a new word for it. Heatmeal. Hatmaul5. Ahatmale V.
Hyper-Animation.

For the characters... I think this is the part in our 6000-pages comin-a-age story, where the characters notice that their elders aren't as great as they thought before. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to the Last Remaining Dad.

Or he's trying too hard and ends up mimicking a human abusive relationship?
Well, we are talking about the greasy fifties here...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41237 on: September 24, 2012, 03:54:33 pm »

Hatmeal sounds surreal enough to work.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41238 on: September 24, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »

Okay, played it through and have some thoughts about the walkaround.

All in all, the pre-scratch trolls are tolerable, and the walkaround was okay. Kinda hoping we can see what dreambubble John went off to soon, though.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41239 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:36 pm »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #41240 on: September 24, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41241 on: September 24, 2012, 04:08:41 pm »

You find Aranea with her exposition booth, where she can tell you some stuff about the trolls you just met. Then you cross a bridge and the game ends. And Meenah is best pre-scratch troll.

EDIT: Bah, ninja'd.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41242 on: September 24, 2012, 04:11:43 pm »

And Meenah is best pre-scratch troll.
Gotta agree with you there, but she got the most screentime so far so it's to be expected.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #41243 on: September 24, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »

Meenah is surprisingly un-pricky for someone whos alternate self commits genocides on a regular and frequent basis.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41244 on: September 24, 2012, 04:43:51 pm »

I'm interpreting Cronus and Mituna's relationship as similar to Vriska and tavros'; Cronus insults Mituna because he wants him to develop black feelings for him, but it's not happening.

I'm getting a more "incapable of feeling empathy" vibe from him, but who knows. I mean Vriska seemed needlessly and pointlessly evil when we first saw her pushing Tavros off a cliff and then telling him to apologise for being a cripple, but later it turned out that she actually wanted to be one of the good guys and was just really, really bad at it. Maybe Cronus is just pretending to think that Mituna is incapable of understanding his insults?

Yeah, probably not.

Mituna, he's something else. I only have the vaguest idea of what he's saying. Not particularly comfortable since he seems to be mental disorders played for laughs, but the whole chan backgrounds for his text has me wondering if he's supposed to parody chans, and also assholes on the internet who try to justify their douchebaggery by claiming to have mental disorders. Which would make it slightly less worse. I'm kinda ambivalent to him.

I know. When Kankri said that maybe Mituna's existence was sending a problematic message about people with disorders like his, I couldn't help sort of agreeing with him. :P It's like he has internet Asperger's and internet Tourette's and internet epilepsy and probably a couple dozen other caricatured mental problems all rolled into one dysfunctional wreck of a troll. Disregarding the ableist undertones, though, I think he's pretty cool. I want to see more of him.

Meenah is surprisingly un-pricky for someone whos alternate self commits genocides on a regular and frequent basis.

Well, Aranea's alternate self was a badass pirate. And Kankri's alternate self was a posthumously deified leader of an uprising big enough for alt-Meenah to banish all adult trolls from their home planet forever to keep it from happening again. And Meenah's OTHER alternate self is so gay and bubbly that it's almost painful to watch and wants to nurture and care for all the little animals of the ocean. That's why they call them ALTERNATE selves.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41245 on: September 24, 2012, 04:52:21 pm »

Mituna, he's something else. I only have the vaguest idea of what he's saying. Not particularly comfortable since he seems to be mental disorders played for laughs, but the whole chan backgrounds for his text has me wondering if he's supposed to parody chans, and also assholes on the internet who try to justify their douchebaggery by claiming to have mental disorders. Which would make it slightly less worse. I'm kinda ambivalent to him.

I know. When Kankri said that maybe Mituna's existence was sending a problematic message about people with disorders like his, I couldn't help sort of agreeing with him. :P It's like he has internet Asperger's and internet Tourette's and internet epilepsy and probably a couple dozen other caricatured mental problems all rolled into one dysfunctional wreck of a troll. Disregarding the ableist undertones, though, I think he's pretty cool. I want to see more of him.
Well, his chat box IS from the 4chans.
I'm not entirely sure what you expected. A perfectly functioning member of society?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41246 on: September 24, 2012, 04:53:18 pm »

You know, that'd be completely unexpected and original at this point. *sincerity mode*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41247 on: September 24, 2012, 04:55:40 pm »

You know, that'd be completely unexpected and original at this point. *sincerity mode*
Could you make that clearer?
I'm really bad at subtlety and reading it.
I'm not even sure why I visit places where the entire objective is social interaction.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41248 on: September 24, 2012, 05:25:03 pm »

Something's wrong with everyone.

Cronus: I still think he's better than Eridan. However, to mangle a That Mitchell and Webb Look qoute, "When you thrust your "people skills" on me, it just feels like you just stuck your dick in my drink."

Mituna: I like him. He's just strangely awesome.

Meulin: Adorable kitty! Memebase! Yaaay!

Kurloz: He has the best typing quirks. I don't know why I like Skele-Masochist Clown and not Murder-When-Sober Clown.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #41249 on: September 24, 2012, 05:33:50 pm »

And Meenah is best pre-scratch troll.
No man, Latula ftw. Really, both the Pyropes are awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2748 2749 [2750] 2751 2752 ... 3524