Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5136599 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [S] ACT 6 INTERMISSION 3
« Reply #40545 on: September 03, 2012, 08:21:59 pm »

Does anyone else get the feeling that Andrew Hussie secretly hates all the fans? There are the ridiculous god tier outfits to throw off the cosplayers, the loads and loads of new characters which might be his attempt to get people to stop caring, and the outright flipping everybody off at the end of that secret Nic Cage flash.
But... I love all those things! Why would he do what I love if he hates me?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40546 on: September 03, 2012, 09:00:35 pm »

Version 3.0 of Fortbent released!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40547 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:14 pm »

Just as I'm getting pulled back into DF, too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40548 on: September 04, 2012, 12:31:34 am »

Also, we never did find out what that thing in the lower left is, right?
It belongs to Professor Mayonaka.  And it is probably a red herring.  Maybe, even, the reddest of herrings.

So red, that odds are Hussie will bring it up again soon just to show off how red a herring it is.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40549 on: September 04, 2012, 12:50:57 am »

Also, we never did find out what that thing in the lower left is, right?
It belongs to Professor Mayonaka.  And it is probably a red herring.  Maybe, even, the reddest of herrings.

So red, that odds are Hussie will bring it up again soon just to show off how red a herring it is.
So a google search has revealed only an apparently non-canon Felt prequel game. It looks like that came after the Midnight Crew Intermission, so I'm not entirely sure who took the design from whom and what the relevance is, since I'm also not going to read through the thread. Would you be able to clarify who Mayonaka actually was?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #40550 on: September 04, 2012, 01:20:53 am »

Back in ye olden Problem Sleuth days, he was the guy who donated and requested the command that created the Midnight Crew. According to Hussie in some formspring or tumblr answer, the only thing he got was the name, i.e., Spades Slick and the rest were all Hussie's original creations.

Apparently Mayonaka also had his own comic that I know nothing about, but the mysterious symbol in the MC Intermission was that guy's creation.

Incidentally, Mayonaka tried to pass off his non-canon Felt game as canon, by saying he 'talked to Hussie.'
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40551 on: September 04, 2012, 06:48:23 am »

IDE/Theory: Hussie has a twin brother called H. Aussie. And he's Canadian.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #40552 on: September 04, 2012, 06:52:44 am »

My friend is reading Homestuck for the very first time. He's partway through Act 4 at the moment and he's not sure whether he likes it or not, but he admits he's hooked either way. I'm now looking to convert at least two others in the group (preferably at least one girl, so we have SOME diversity) and looking up a ruleset. Homestuck RP is a wonderful mindfuck.
くコ:彡

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40553 on: September 04, 2012, 06:59:10 am »

Re: getting people to read Homestuck: show them the "Don't read a webcomic called Homestuck"-video

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40554 on: September 04, 2012, 10:23:35 am »

and looking up a ruleset. Homestuck RP is a wonderful mindfuck.

Shameless plug?

...Shameless plug.

There are two things missing from that before it is 100% playable though. Not big things though. If no one rolls Sylph, you can get started right away.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40555 on: September 04, 2012, 01:09:36 pm »

Does anyone else get the feeling that Andrew Hussie secretly hates all the fans? There are the ridiculous god tier outfits to throw off the cosplayers, the loads and loads of new characters which might be his attempt to get people to stop caring, and the outright flipping everybody off at the end of that secret Nic Cage flash.

Nah. He just likes trolling people. He's been doing that since before MSPA. Doesn't mean he hates anyone.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40556 on: September 04, 2012, 01:41:06 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game

There's now a kickstarter for homestuck the game.

If you donate $1,000,000,000, Hussie will write you a thank-you note on the social media outlet of your choice. It's a steal, really.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40557 on: September 04, 2012, 01:41:51 pm »

I
I

I

I just can't find  the words.

Wanna bet somebody will pledge the 10k?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40558 on: September 04, 2012, 01:46:35 pm »

The first god tier benefit is pointless. They're already canon. You'll have to excuse me from making more comments, I'm too busy giggling at the thought of this being an actual thing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40559 on: September 04, 2012, 01:47:39 pm »

Well yeah but actually appearing in the comic is a whole different bowl of grubs.
Pages: 1 ... 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 ... 3524