Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2699 2700 [2701] 2702 2703 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5136734 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [S] ACT 6 INTERMISSION 3
« Reply #40500 on: September 02, 2012, 06:33:36 pm »

It's a comic about kids and fun. You should read it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40501 on: September 02, 2012, 06:35:46 pm »

Hey guys, do any of you have any suggestions on how to make someone get past the first acts? I've been trying to get a friend to read but he keeps insisting he "didn't like it" and that "it's boring", no matter how many times I say that it gets better.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40502 on: September 02, 2012, 06:36:06 pm »

Oh dear...

brainfreez is reading this...

Hey guys, do any of you have any suggestions on how to make someone get past the first acts? I've been trying to get a friend to read but he keeps insisting he "didn't like it" and that "it's boring", no matter how many times I say that it gets better.

If you aren't worried about spoilers, use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhTB2Sij8c. Technically, that's just a disembodied series of spoilerish thoughts, but still...

If that doesn't work, and you have time, CASCADE!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:42:54 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40503 on: September 02, 2012, 06:38:53 pm »

In situations like this, I will ALWAYS tell people to show them [S] Descend. Always.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #40504 on: September 02, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »

No. Not Cascade. That will raise their expectations far too much.

In situations like this, I will ALWAYS tell people to show them [S] Descend. Always.
This.
[/post]

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40505 on: September 02, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »

I've heard of people trying to get others to read by showing them some of the flashes. They are pretty cool, so they might be able to get one's attention. If you want to try that, I recommend any of the Dave vs. Bro flashes, or Dave: Accelerate. Those are pretty good IMO and have won't spoil much. End of Act 2 could work too, since it doesn't give away much and is pretty interesting. And all of these show off the kick ass music.

No. Not Cascade. That will raise their expectations far too much.

This.

Honestly, I think Cascade and Descend would just confuse them. Both flashes have a lot going on, and IMO a lot of their awesomeness requires context non-readers don't have, and might cause them to go "WTF was that?!?" instead of "Okay, that's pretty cool, I might give this a shot". Plus, there is the whole spoilers thing, unless you're counting on them forgetting by the time their contents are relevant. Or you just don't care about that.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40506 on: September 02, 2012, 07:01:44 pm »

I've heard of people trying to get others to read by showing them some of the flashes. They are pretty cool, so they might be able to get one's attention. If you want to try that, I recommend any of the Dave vs. Bro flashes, or Dave: Accelerate. Those are pretty good IMO and have won't spoil much. End of Act 2 could work too, since it doesn't give away much and is pretty interesting. And all of these show off the kick ass music.

Already tried the Dave vs Bro flashes, and while he agrees that those flashes are cool, he still stubbornly refuses to read. So I guess I'll just try to convince someone else while I think how much I can bug him about it without any consequences to our friendship.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40507 on: September 02, 2012, 07:04:44 pm »

what is this thread about ?

Homestuck. Good luck.

Anyway, I'm working on Fortbent. I'm turning every single biome into a different land. All of them.

Well, all of the ones you can make interactions for. Still.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:06:52 pm by Putnam »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40508 on: September 02, 2012, 07:06:55 pm »

Or, as Vriska would say,  AAAAAAAALLLLLLLL Of them.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40509 on: September 02, 2012, 07:07:47 pm »

Anyway, I'm working on Fortbent. I'm turning every single biome into a different land. All of them.

Well, all of the ones you can make interactions for. Still.

So it's going to be a total conversion once more then?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40510 on: September 02, 2012, 07:10:12 pm »

Yes. I feel that we're far enough into Homestuck to warrant that.

Version 2 will still be around and downloadable, but version 3 is what I'm working on now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40511 on: September 02, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »

Already tried the Dave vs Bro flashes, and while he agrees that those flashes are cool, he still stubbornly refuses to read. So I guess I'll just try to convince someone else while I think how much I can bug him about it without any consequences to our friendship.
Maybe show them the bandcamp to see if they like the music. If after that and the first few flashes they aren't convinced, I think it would be best not to force the issue.
Some people just don't find the greatest piece of fiction that's ever existed as entertaining as we do.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40512 on: September 02, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »

Maybe show them the bandcamp to see if they like the music. If after that and the first few flashes they aren't convinced, I think it would be best not to force the issue.
Some people just don't find the greatest piece of fiction that's ever existed as entertaining as we do.

Ok, I gave up. Despite that he keeps saying how nice and all the flashes look, he still insists that he didn't like it, so I stopped talking about it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #40513 on: September 02, 2012, 10:38:37 pm »

Smack him every day for a week. When he asks you why you're smacking him, give him an odd look and say "Andrew Hussie told me to."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40514 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:12 pm »

Smack him every day for a week. When he asks you why you're smacking him, give him an odd look and say "Andrew Hussie told me to."
This is the only logical option available to you. 

Do it.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 2699 2700 [2701] 2702 2703 ... 3524