Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2697 2698 [2699] 2700 2701 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5136792 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [S] ACT 6 INTERMISSION 3
« Reply #40470 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:31 pm »

I wouldn't say she's gay, I'd say that Kanaya is the one who's "gay" for Rose. I put gay in quotations because Alternia/Beforus, gender is pretty much vestigial, so no one is really gay. I don't think it's even been hinted at that Rose shares those feelings. I could definitely be wrong.
I don't think you realized quite how hard Rose was hitting on Meenah.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40471 on: September 01, 2012, 10:27:54 pm »

I wouldn't say she's gay, I'd say that Kanaya is the one who's "gay" for Rose. I put gay in quotations because Alternia/Beforus, gender is pretty much vestigial, so no one is really gay. I don't think it's even been hinted at that Rose shares those feelings. I could definitely be wrong.

Quite possible, considering the fact that I don't think I payed much attention to that particular conversation.

EDIT: Okay yeah. I went back and talked to Rose and she was definitely kind of sort of flirting with Meenah. Kinda.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:31:39 pm by ShoesandHats »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #40472 on: September 02, 2012, 02:24:19 am »

Everything about Karkat/Kankri is pantskat.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40473 on: September 02, 2012, 02:30:01 am »

Quite possible, considering the fact that I don't think I payed much attention to that particular conversation.

EDIT: Okay yeah. I went back and talked to Rose and she was definitely kind of sort of flirting with Meenah. Kinda.

The facial expressions of the sprite really don't help, either :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40474 on: September 02, 2012, 03:47:12 am »

Rose has just been inexplicable flirty ever since becoming godtier. Still holding out for JohnxRose though!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40475 on: September 02, 2012, 03:50:28 am »

"Romance and dating are dumb and boring."

- Famous webcomic hero T-Rex

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #40476 on: September 02, 2012, 07:28:27 am »

"Guildenstern: Next stop, Boner City.
 Rosencrantz: SO THAT WAS THE PLAN ALL ALONG??? TO GIVE ME A BONER???"

-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40477 on: September 02, 2012, 07:29:44 am »

I'm pretty sure triggers are a lot more serious than that. They're things that remind people of psychologically traumatic things that happened and whatever. So someone who was sexually assaulted would have triggers in the form of rape jokes and things like that. Or at least, that'smy understanding of it.
Then Kankri was just being a dick by overly reminding people of hw much he's considering them.

While that's a fair assumption, especially as that's how it's used in real life, it seems that Kankri's use of the word is a lot more informal - he seems to use it in the meaning of 'something that will make you angry'. ('TW: oppression, culling, grub violence, lusis abuse, hemophobia, pails, slurries,' to cull from his hash text.) Plus his blithe acceptance of Porrim's 'being triggered' by his 'appropriation talk'. He also mentions the term 'Rustblood' being highly triggering. (Presumably to himself, since he 'highly implores' Karkat not to use the term.)

The way I read it, he wants to keep everything strictly academic in his conversations, and thus wants to steer around any topics that might make anybody irrational, emotional, or defensive and hinder frank discussion. Ironically, this basically ensures that his discussions on how to fix peoples' problems never actually addresses the problems of the people he talks to.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #40478 on: September 02, 2012, 09:37:38 am »

I'm pretty sure triggers are a lot more serious than that. They're things that remind people of psychologically traumatic things that happened and whatever. So someone who was sexually assaulted would have triggers in the form of rape jokes and things like that. Or at least, that'smy understanding of it.
Then Kankri was just being a dick by overly reminding people of hw much he's considering them.

While that's a fair assumption, especially as that's how it's used in real life, it seems that Kankri's use of the word is a lot more informal - he seems to use it in the meaning of 'something that will make you angry'. ('TW: oppression, culling, grub violence, lusis abuse, hemophobia, pails, slurries,' to cull from his hash text.) Plus his blithe acceptance of Porrim's 'being triggered' by his 'appropriation talk'. He also mentions the term 'Rustblood' being highly triggering. (Presumably to himself, since he 'highly implores' Karkat not to use the term.)

The way I read it, he wants to keep everything strictly academic in his conversations, and thus wants to steer around any topics that might make anybody irrational, emotional, or defensive and hinder frank discussion. Ironically, this basically ensures that his discussions on how to fix peoples' problems never actually addresses the problems of the people he talks to.
SJWs (which he is based on) use it as something close to this, it's supposedly something to prevent people from being shamed/reminded/whatever of their disability/past/whatever. In real life and away from idiots, "triggers" are something like mentioning rape around a rape victim (never do this). Obviously, this can be very bad, but SJWs tend to assume that this applies to everything in existence and that even mentioning somebody's disabilities or abilities or race (blood color in Kankri's case) or anything but the fact that they're a special snowflake and just as good as everyone else will forever shame them and send the person they're talking to into a spiraling depression. In reality, it's just a pain in the ass and there are extremely few who actually care.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40479 on: September 02, 2012, 11:09:45 am »

(Sorry, but I do not like hypocrisy)

Why don't you write to a forum about it? >:]

Wow, Latula. I'm starting to understand all the people who said troll text was hard to read.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40480 on: September 02, 2012, 11:22:16 am »

It's easy to read leetspeak, but the lack of capitalization in Latula's text is not helpful.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40481 on: September 02, 2012, 12:27:46 pm »

The bad Terezi rpers have been Latula the whole time.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40483 on: September 02, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

And I imagine we now know where Hussie got the idea from.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40484 on: September 02, 2012, 01:05:16 pm »

And I imagine we now know where Hussie got the idea from.
Donīt forget the whole "new internet stereotypes" thing.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:08:24 pm by Alnos »
Pages: 1 ... 2697 2698 [2699] 2700 2701 ... 3524