Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2696 2697 [2698] 2699 2700 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5136796 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [S] ACT 6 INTERMISSION 3
« Reply #40455 on: September 01, 2012, 07:32:11 pm »

I think I actually agree with the idea that Kankri is actually a jerk. Mostly because, well, if he was really that dedicated and strong enough to become a Messiah in Alternia, why was he a failure where as Karkat was a success on Beforus (Pre-Scratch Alternia)?

I think Kankri is really just two Troll midgets standing on each other's shoulders. One has really long legs compared to his torso and arms. The other one has really long arms.
This is also very very possible.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40456 on: September 01, 2012, 07:56:50 pm »

I think I actually agree with the idea that Kankri is actually a jerk. Mostly because, well, if he was really that dedicated and strong enough to become a Messiah in Alternia, why was he a failure where as Karkat was a success on Beforus (Pre-Scratch Alternia)?
I thought it may have been because of sgrub's classes (or whatever they're called) being to some degree true regardless of whether or not they played the game
The sufferer saw his society's problems and couldn't affect them, while Beforus's Karkat fought against society's problems to defend others. I think I over-explained it a bit but who cares.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #40457 on: September 01, 2012, 08:15:55 pm »

Kankri's [a parody of/is one of the] people who try to look morally superior and just end up being giant assholes to everybody because they don't understand how the real world works and think that writing an essay on an internet blog will fix something (often something that doesn't even need fixing). In real life, these people are known as the SJW (or "Social Justice Warriors") and they are the biggest fucking hypocritical circlejerk you will EVER find. You will never find a bigger source of holier-than-thou white-knighting bullshit. Often they don't even give a shit about the people they're writing about and will end up making assumptions about them, ending even more sexist/ableist/whatever than the people they're trying to preach their fucking idiocy to.

[/rant]

(Sorry, but I do not like hypocrisy)

Ah, anyway... how about that Porrim? Apparently she's slept with everyone ever.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40458 on: September 01, 2012, 08:20:03 pm »

Kankri I'll still defend as caring to some respect about his friends and the issues he talks about, he just isn't as aware of others as he should be.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40459 on: September 01, 2012, 08:21:24 pm »

Except for Meenah, it looks like.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40460 on: September 01, 2012, 08:44:44 pm »

Don't blame her really, I reckon Meenah would be a bit of a cold fish in the sack.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #40461 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:34 pm »

You're forgetting Kankri.
[/post]

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40462 on: September 01, 2012, 08:49:34 pm »

I thought mentioning the guy who made a vow of celibacy was kinda redundant.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40463 on: September 01, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »

So far, the only ancestors I like are Aranea and Porrim.

Meenah is young Fish Hitler, and while she is not currently that way, I still hate her.

I can't understand most of the words that Kankri says, and the rest are just things like "the".

Latula makes my eyes bleed. The words she says, at least. She looks nice, but both her associated theme and her behavior make me feel as if I'm back at my middle school. Surrounded by idiots and assholes.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40464 on: September 01, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »

Surrounded by idiots

now I understand what Kankri means by "triggers".

I just hate that "surrounded by idiots" attitude.

EDIT: Also, Next version of fortbent will have all these things and more as I get to them
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:19:21 pm by Putnam »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40465 on: September 01, 2012, 09:35:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure triggers are a lot more serious than that. They're things that remind people of psychologically traumatic things that happened and whatever. So someone who was sexually assaulted would have triggers in the form of rape jokes and things like that. Or at least, that'smy understanding of it.
Then Kankri was just being a dick by overly reminding people of hw much he's considering them.

And I think that a "surrounded by idiots" attitude is perfectly acceptable. Because pretty much everybody is surrounded by idiots, seeing as everybody is idiots. I find it difficult to believe that there is one person who knows more about and is better at everything than everyone around them. That would be ridiculous.

Idiocy is subjective. If someone doesn't know the rules of chess, I will think of them as an idiot. Then they will do the same to me because I know very little about the technicalities of the offside rule.
So everybody is surrounded by idiots always.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #40466 on: September 01, 2012, 10:14:00 pm »

Hey, I've been reading MSPA for about a year now, thought I'd drop into the thread to say hi, and jesus fucking christ I3 is hilarious. Every goddamn conversation. For one thing, I wasn't aware that Rose was quite that flaming gay, and I also wasn't aware that Karkat's ancestor was Pantskat, nor that Terezi's ancestor was so awesome. I'm still working my way through it, trying to find any conversations I missed before.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40467 on: September 01, 2012, 10:16:31 pm »

I think of triggers as something like a really strong irrational phobia that gives you panic attacks.
This may or may not be accurate, since as far as I know I don't have any. (Triggers that is, I have plenty of irrational phobias.)

As for the ancestors, I like all of them. If I had to pick one I liked the least, it would be Porrim, because she gives me Kanaya vibes.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40468 on: September 01, 2012, 10:20:26 pm »

I wasn't aware that Rose was quite that flaming gay

I wouldn't say she's gay, I'd say that Kanaya is the one who's "gay" for Rose. I put gay in quotations because Alternia/Beforus, gender is pretty much vestigial, so no one is really gay. I don't think it's even been hinted at that Rose shares those feelings. I could definitely be wrong.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40469 on: September 01, 2012, 10:22:03 pm »

and I also wasn't aware that Karkat's ancestor was Pantskat

I didn't even get that reference until you said it. Excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 2696 2697 [2698] 2699 2700 ... 3524