Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2657 2658 [2659] 2660 2661 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5143493 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [S] Dirk: Unite.
« Reply #39870 on: July 29, 2012, 01:30:56 am »

Very theoretically (AKA something I just pulled out of my ass) either removing a large amount of a black hole's mass or spreading the mass over a larger amount of space would negate it, seeing as a black hole is caused by an extreme excess of mass in a small amount of space. So we either need to make Lord English go on a diet, or make him morbidly obese.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #39871 on: July 29, 2012, 06:15:31 am »

Can someone change the thread title to "Caliborn to be wild"?

Also, next Intermission coming up, even if it takes a few weeks again. I hope for something light-hearted. Maybe exiles on flooded Earth, or even squiddles!
(okay, that would probably be highly symbolic and really depressing, since the "real" squiddles are dying now.)

Act 6 seems to mirror Homestuck in it's entirety(or is this a red herring?), so it would be time for some non-sequitur, like between Act 3 and Act 4.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39872 on: July 29, 2012, 07:58:57 am »

Check it out, I found some foreshadowing.

UU: when i sleep and visit prospit, i see nothing bUt storm cloUds in skaia now.
UU: my great big lovely ball of blUe has been cloUding over. soon i fear it will be completely black, and the kingdom will be shroUded in darkness.
UU: i wish i Understood the meaning of this terrible omen.

I suppose the clouds turning black indicates that everything's going to be destroyed in Caliborn's session without too much fuss. No chance of the kernels prototyping Prospit and Derse when they head up to the towers, then. I was kind of wondering if there was going to be a titanic duel between Prospitsprite and Dersesprite or something.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39873 on: July 29, 2012, 10:57:33 am »

Well, we can at least tell that this only has superficial resemblance to a black hole. Were it a proper black hole, it wouldn't be causing solar mass to spiral into it, since it'd still have the same mass as the planet, which wasn't doing that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39874 on: July 29, 2012, 11:01:30 am »

What I want to know is, how did Caliborn know the sprite would do that?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39875 on: July 29, 2012, 11:10:41 am »

Yeah, we seem to be getting a lot of "That was pretty impressive, but how did the characters know to do X?" in the more recent flashes. I hope for exposition soon! I mean, you know, after Puase 3.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39876 on: July 29, 2012, 11:26:57 am »

Assuming of course Hussie survives The Battle of the UU-Yogurt Shop.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39877 on: July 29, 2012, 11:32:46 am »

Honestly I don't care if we found out how certain characters knew what would happen. For example, we haven't seen a lot of Dirk in general, so it seemed somewhat reasonable that he might have thought up this whole plan (or at least part of it) during his years of complete solitude hanging over a sea of nothingness.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39878 on: July 29, 2012, 11:46:46 am »

Honestly I don't care if we found out how certain characters knew what would happen. For example, we haven't seen a lot of Dirk in general, so it seemed somewhat reasonable that he might have thought up this whole plan (or at least part of it) during his years of complete solitude hanging over a sea of nothingness.

Don't forget, that in all of Dirk's years there, he got to talk with uu and UU, who probably were able to give him enough ideas of how the game and entering it worked, to set up that sort of plan.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39879 on: July 29, 2012, 12:31:29 pm »

Don't forget, that in all of Dirk's years there, he got to talk with uu and UU, who probably were able to give him enough ideas of how the game and entering it worked, to set up that sort of plan.

Plus he's been awake and fully cognizant on Derse for some significant portion of his life.  He's probably had time to pick up a few things, read some prophecies, chat up the locals.

Not that I wouldn't really appreciate an actual explanation, about both Dirk and uu, because this is verging into 'plot what plot' territory.

Anyway, back to same ol' same ol' flash analysis.

Oh yeah, and both Caduceus and Ophiuchus claim snakes as their symbols.  That's why he can unhinge his jaw.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39880 on: July 29, 2012, 12:40:45 pm »

Actually Dirk couldn't talk to the locals, because, yaknow, they weren't supposed to know he's awake.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39881 on: July 29, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

Oh yeah, and both Caduceus and Ophiuchus claim snakes as their symbols.  That's why he can unhinge his jaw.

Wait, Typheus John got deaded? Awwwwww... now all Vriska has is Tavros, and honestly, I don't really care for my patron troll. GET A FREAKING BACKBONE!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #39882 on: July 29, 2012, 01:13:55 pm »

I can't help but notice that the real Dead!Nep is still "alive".

Is it me, or is Lord English actually failing on purpose? HE'S PLANNING ON LOSING!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39883 on: July 29, 2012, 01:24:49 pm »

I can't help but notice that the real Dead!Nep is still "alive".

Is it me, or is Lord English actually failing on purpose? HE'S PLANNING ON LOSING!

As the final "fuck you" to the heroes he hates so much, he won't even give them a proper villain to make them earn their place; he'll just throw the fight and tumut them all as he fades away.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39884 on: July 29, 2012, 02:32:22 pm »

One thing I got to say about this latest flash: LOVE the music.

Also, didn't forsee the dead kids getting vaporized. Guess English didn't just want them dead, but completely erased from existance...
Pages: 1 ... 2657 2658 [2659] 2660 2661 ... 3524