Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5143476 times)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [S] Dirk: Synchronize.
« Reply #39705 on: July 13, 2012, 04:23:46 pm »

There are never enough consorts.
Anyways, how long has it been that John and Dave talked? I can literally not remember.

Also
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:10:29 am by Liber celi »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39706 on: July 13, 2012, 04:56:17 pm »

Guys. I just realized that, because of homestuck, I now have an irrational hatred of Guy Fiere.

It's wierd, I never hated the guy before he came up in homestuck.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39707 on: July 13, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »

There are never enough consorts.
Anyways, how long has it been that John and Dave talked? I can literally not remember.
God Tier Dave saw birthday knocked out John for two seconds before Meenah stabbed John awake.
It's implied that Davesprite and John are at odds with each other.
I dunno when they last exchanged colored text. Right before the scratch probably.

Guys. I just realized that, because of homestuck, I now have an irrational hatred of Guy Fiere.

I've hated that guy for a while. Stupid Guy with his stupid hair all over the Friday's menus. Being all smiley and weird looking. lol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:04:38 pm by Meansdarling »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #39708 on: July 13, 2012, 05:27:27 pm »

His hair is really obnoxious.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #39709 on: July 14, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »

So someone made an anime-style opening.
Wonderful.

And then I realized that despite begging for an anime that's 100% goofy parody, I would unironically watch a Homestuck anime that was completely serious and professionally done. This is what my life has come to.
A professional Homestuck anime would be the best thing to ever happen to both Homestuck and anime.

Yup. I would watch the hell out of a proffesional homestuck anime.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39710 on: July 14, 2012, 10:20:27 pm »

And then you would rage because of how much they'd have changed it to tit the medium.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39711 on: July 14, 2012, 10:31:38 pm »

And then you would rage because of how much they'd have changed it to tit the medium.

I don't know, that sounds kind of like what Anime generally does.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #39712 on: July 14, 2012, 11:30:39 pm »

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #39713 on: July 15, 2012, 02:05:39 am »

I knew there had to be a reason why I made a youtube accout years ago
relevant video
and now I found it.

Hm.
After the next release, will DF be a less static game(i.e. use a more dynamic world/NPCs) than SBURB?

SBURB, although it uses real people(carapaces) as NPCs, always seems so linear and lifeless to me, like a mediocre cRPG, where you start to see the world more as a simple mechanic in itself, so the most fun is to exploit and break it(steal all the weapons in the world? Story remains unchanged).
Maybe it's all this predetermination all over the place(white will loose. Earth will die. Your session is doomed.), maybe it's that the narration regularely gets bored with what it has and extends its scope beyond the next terrible derailment, leaving a theoretical regular SBURB session looking pale and one-dimensional.
Maybe it is actually a not so subtle part of SBURB: shit is going to happen.

Maybe every player with some determination breaks the game.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39714 on: July 15, 2012, 02:40:59 am »

SBURB, although it uses real people(carapaces) as NPCs, always seems so linear and lifeless to me, like a mediocre cRPG, where you start to see the world more as a simple mechanic in itself, so the most fun is to exploit and break it(steal all the weapons in the world? Story remains unchanged).
Maybe it's all this predetermination all over the place(white will loose. Earth will die. Your session is doomed.), maybe it's that the narration regularely gets bored with what it has and extends its scope beyond the next terrible derailment, leaving a theoretical regular SBURB session looking pale and one-dimensional.

But you forget: the purpose of the whole thing isn't the game. The game is just a means unto an end; that end being the reproduction of universes. There are even those, the void sessions, which are meant to be entirely boring. The pistons in an engine don't have to be exciting so long as they make the engine work... The sessions of focus in the narrative are more along the lines of said engine exploding, spewing piston shrapnel everywhere.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39715 on: July 15, 2012, 04:05:34 am »

I've hated that guy for a while. Stupid Guy with his stupid hair all over the Friday's menus. Being all smiley and weird looking. lol
Add me to the list. He's occupied a tiny space in my head as that fucking endorsement bullshit guy since he showed up on a few products on and off at the cheap grocery stores.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #39716 on: July 15, 2012, 06:42:33 am »

But you forget: the purpose of the whole thing isn't the game. The game is just a means unto an end; that end being the reproduction of universes.

True, the game part of SBURB is a test, like every game I can think of: Arm-wrestling is a test of biceps strength(and determination), Malefiz is a test of luck(and ruthlessness), Checkers is a test of tactic(and experience); a computergame is challenging in some way, even if it just challenges the patience you need to grind through it. The fact that SBURB or the powers behind it use the Game-part as a test doesn't mean that it isn't a game from the players perspective.

But the game is broken, which hinders the test part, like tic-tac-toe is broken and no challenge to anybody who has invested some consideration into it. It's simply unsuited for its alledged purpose.

In the end, SBURB is an awesome game, and a very bad game.

The sessions of focus in the narrative are more along the lines of said engine exploding, spewing piston shrapnel everywhere.
This is what we were lead to believe. But we have only seen FUBAR sessions until now. And my point was: what if this is the actual game?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39717 on: July 15, 2012, 08:28:41 am »

My pet theory is that the ULTIMATE PURPOSE of the game is not the propagation of universes, but facilitating the emotional growth of a bunch of teenagers. The trolls didn't quite manage to learn the True Meaning of Friendship, so Skaia tosses another unkillable endboss at them.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39718 on: July 15, 2012, 09:28:23 am »

My pet theory is that the ULTIMATE PURPOSE of the game is not the propagation of universes, but facilitating the emotional growth of a bunch of teenagers. The trolls didn't quite manage to learn the True Meaning of Friendship, so Skaia tosses another unkillable endboss at them.
Except trolls don't really make friends so much, being the violent recluses they are. The closest we've seen to actual friends under normal circumstances are Viska with Equius, and some of the ancestors too. The ancestors were mostly together because of fighting other people, and Vriska and Equius were both trying to backstab each other.
Is SBURB on the other hand is designed to have the players conform to OUR idea of friendship and acceptance and all that, then it's design is inherently racist to the extreme. Also, if that's the point of the game, how could the squiddle session fail? And why did scratching for the trolls create a MORE violent universe? Surely if that game is won by love and acceptance, why have both instances we've seen of a scratch caused the players to grow up in a more hostile and dangerous environment?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39719 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:24 am »

But you forget: the purpose of the whole thing isn't the game. The game is just a means unto an end; that end being the reproduction of universes. There are even those, the void sessions, which are meant to be entirely boring. The pistons in an engine don't have to be exciting so long as they make the engine work... The sessions of focus in the narrative are more along the lines of said engine exploding, spewing piston shrapnel everywhere.

Basically this. Sburb is about creating a new universe, not about having fun or making a point. Sburb isn't there for that. Its to continue the cycle, and nothing more.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 3524