Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2491 2492 [2493] 2494 2495 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118198 times)

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: [S] ACT 6 ACT 3
« Reply #37380 on: April 16, 2012, 11:59:26 am »

Which still doesn't work because dead dreamself.

Dave and Rose's dreamselves were pretty dead when they got that tiger.  At least, they'd died once and thus had no reserve left like the "standard" method. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37381 on: April 16, 2012, 12:01:26 pm »

Their dreamselves, like Aradia's, died on dreambeds, triggering their ascension. Dying otherwise prohibits you from ascending unless shenanigans (see: Jade).

This isn't gamzee any more than meenah is fef.
Dude's clearly a Bard of Rage. 100% Gamzee or an alternative timeline version of him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #37382 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:21 pm »

This is clearly bizzaro universe gamzee who is actually a pretty cool guy.

But he's got the scars from Nepeta's claws on his face.

Which still doesn't work because dead dreamself.

If spending lots of time trying to think about dreamself and god tier mechanics and then having them be arbitrarily rewritten at later points has taught me anything, it's that there's always a way to get to god tier.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37383 on: April 16, 2012, 12:06:38 pm »

Maybe he killed an Elder God, thereby gaining its title?

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #37384 on: April 16, 2012, 12:06:59 pm »

Dave and Rose's dreamselves were pretty dead when they got that tiger.  At least, they'd died once and thus had no reserve left like the "standard" method.
Their Earthbodies were dead; they walk around in their god-tiered dreambodies (or fly, what dreambodies totally can for some very good reason that is never explained).

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37385 on: April 16, 2012, 12:08:22 pm »

Suddenly, I subscribe to the "Gamzee made some more dreamselves" theory, because making dream things is a documented ability of his. And it's such a perfect shenanigan. Apparently that is a valid singular? Hooray!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37386 on: April 16, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

THAT MAKES SENSE.

Clearly, he used Aradia's music boxes to implant himself in his future self's dreams.

JUGGALOCEPTION.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37387 on: April 16, 2012, 12:15:28 pm »

Also, IF they have beds on the meteor, aren't they going through dream bubbles? Couldn't they conceivably run into their dreamselves? As long as the bed was in the dream as well, its just crazy enough to work...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37388 on: April 16, 2012, 12:16:04 pm »

Oh, jegus fuck, I'm trying to figure out how that actually works out. So, Gamzee talks to Future Gamzee and uses his implant a new DreamGamzee in FutureGamzee's Dream Bubble, which contains a Dream Quest Bed in the Dream LoTaM, upon which FutureRealGamzee later dies when the meteor passes through that Dream Bubble, using his implanted FutureDreamself to get tiger.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37389 on: April 16, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

The kicker? Gamzee kills RealFutureGamzee.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37390 on: April 16, 2012, 12:23:05 pm »

Actually, I'd put my money on this being when Kanaya finds him.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37391 on: April 16, 2012, 01:47:22 pm »

I may be late, but dammit, it's that time again:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Speaking of the new music, I was recently listening to the Universe A album again to get to know the songs better, and does.. does Cobalt Corsair remind anyone else of Jamestown? I'm gonna have to try playing a level with this song. And Tear Seer reminded me of PMD2, but more dramatic.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37392 on: April 16, 2012, 01:57:04 pm »

Gold Mage always sounded like something Earthbound would have, imo. Chances are that was intentional.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37393 on: April 16, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

Now that I think of it, I don't think we ever saw Gamzee's dreamself die. He was presumed dead after Bec blew up Prospit, but unless he was clowning around in the background when Karkat woke up, I don't think he would have been on-screen. And no one is EVER dead until we see their corpse. About half the time not even then.

Not that using his dream powers to create a new dreamself wouldn't be an excellent way to cheat the system. :P

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #37394 on: April 16, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »

This is basically amazing. Lyricstuck based on a Ponies fansong? There aren't enough hells for me to fuckingly approve of.

I posted that in the Happy thread yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 2491 2492 [2493] 2494 2495 ... 3524