Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117294 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: [S] ACT 6 ACT 3
« Reply #37320 on: April 14, 2012, 06:24:12 pm »

You guys realize that the whole Jake English = Lord English mock up is also just as likely to be a Red Herring given Hussie's trollng, right?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37321 on: April 14, 2012, 06:30:14 pm »

You do realize that making it so obvious that it turns into an obvious red herring, then doing it anyway, is COMPLETELY within the Hussmasters abilities, right?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37322 on: April 14, 2012, 06:30:40 pm »

You guys realize you all have it backwards. Jake doesn't become Lord English - Jake is Lord English's son.

Or maybe grandson.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37323 on: April 14, 2012, 07:51:34 pm »

Spoilers and Speculation:
Now, is it becase Jake's dreamself died in Skaia, or because the volcano got him that he didn't get into the game? The former implies that he probably didn't just die on Earth.
My guess is that the lanterns actually correlate to the pre-scratch selves, mostly because of Hussie being a huge troll. So Jake died a long time ago, Jane died and got brought back as Nannasprite, then Dirk and Roxy die due to Bec Noir.

What would be really trippy is if the order that they died in stayed the same in both iterations of the universe - not necessarily the time between the deaths, mind you, since paradox space doesn't give a shit about time. It sort of works thus far - John died first in both universes, then Jade died, then Rose and Dave. Jake died first, then Jane (but she came back because of weird Skaia shit), and then presumably the other two.

I'm probably wrong, and I bet someone will ever-so-courteously point this out within the next ten minutes, but it sort of seems to work for now.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37324 on: April 14, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »

You guys realize you all have it backwards. Jake doesn't become Lord English - Jake is Lord English's son.

Or maybe grandson.

In my head, I am imagining this scene, but with rainbow light reflecting on Jake's face instead.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37325 on: April 14, 2012, 08:19:58 pm »

Yeah, that's about right
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #37326 on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:20 pm »

You know, not everything Andrew Hussie does is for the sole purpose of trolling you. Sometimes he's too busy telling a story.

The greatest troll the Huss ever pulled was planting that seed of doubt in your mind. Everything he does is cast into suspicion, and you can't tell what's reality and what's trolling anymore. All you know for sure is that when he finally does strike, your anguished psyche will be too entrenched in the throes of frothing paranoia to do anything but submit to his devastating wit and pray that its defeat is swift. You cannot escape from his trolling, because it is already here.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #37327 on: April 14, 2012, 09:08:29 pm »

I've never actually felt like Hussie was trolling us, y'know except that time he declared all fan trolls canon. But in story? I've always just felt like he was legitimately moving a narrative forward, laying down some red herrings, and perhaps making some jokes at the expense of some members of the audience. I think the whole trolling thing comes entirely from the fandom because they misinterpret jokes in place of plot development (RUFIO!!!) and unnecessarily complicated nonsense as personal slights when really those are some of the things that make Homestuck most enjoyable.

As for the connection between Jake and LE, is it really much different from Jane's connection to the Condesce?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37328 on: April 14, 2012, 09:20:04 pm »

As for the connection between Jake and LE, is it really much different from Jane's connection to the Condesce?
Possibly.
In the Beta universe, Granpa Harley named himself after his dog to distance himself from Crocker.
So in  the Alpha universe, why did Grandma English name herself that?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37329 on: April 14, 2012, 09:35:11 pm »

Possibly.
In the Beta universe, Granpa Harley named himself after his dog to distance himself from Crocker.
So in  the Alpha universe, why did Grandma English name herself that?

:O

Scratch!Jade was hot for timetravelling demon pimp, and married LE. Jake is LE's grandson by adoption!
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37330 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »

Lord English is her pet.

Holy shit.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37331 on: April 14, 2012, 09:37:12 pm »

Well, according to Jade her "Quasi-Grandmother" was a witch. I suppose consorting with demons is par for the course.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37332 on: April 14, 2012, 10:08:24 pm »

Scratch!Jade was hot for timetravelling demon pimp, and married LE. Jake is LE's grandson by adoption!

Spoiler: Jegus Chris (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37333 on: April 15, 2012, 12:12:07 am »

WHERE AND WHY DID YOU FIND THAT. MY EYES BURN LIKE THE FRICTION OF A SHIPPER'S PENCILTIP.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37334 on: April 15, 2012, 12:28:42 am »

WHERE AND WHY DID YOU FIND THAT. MY EYES BURN LIKE THE FRICTION OF A SHIPPER'S PENCILTIP.
I remember that from at least one artdump.
Oh crack pairings, you're so delightful.
Pages: 1 ... 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 ... 3524