Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2437 2438 [2439] 2440 2441 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5119201 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: romance and dating are dumb and boring.
« Reply #36570 on: March 24, 2012, 08:35:25 pm »

I knew it. I fucking knew it; I had suspicions when I saw the pony detectives book, but the image confirms it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actually Hussie discussed the matter at length in his tumblr.

“We know that Dirk has a genuine fondness towards Rainbow Dash. What are your thoughts on Friendship is Magic? Do you enjoy the show, or did you only include the cyan pegasus for the sake of humor?”

I’ve seen like one episode. It’s nicely done, but it’s a damn show for kids. I do some silly shit with my spare time but I am not a child. Some people think this makes Dirk a “brony.” I think it’s more that he really does watch it and evaluate it for whatever studious purposes he has, but just happens to like that one pony unironically. A brony does not this a dude make.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36571 on: March 24, 2012, 08:37:27 pm »

Hussie, you ass.  I wanted some brony in my homestuck.

Actually that would probably be terrible.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36572 on: March 24, 2012, 08:40:29 pm »

Wait, can your dream-dream self die?
Suddenly Descent flashbacks.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #36573 on: March 24, 2012, 08:43:50 pm »

Wait, can your dream-dream self die?

Who knows, but this is just Roxy's dreamself floating through dream bubbles. As established with Jade and subsequently all the trolls, dreamselves can be killed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36574 on: March 24, 2012, 08:51:32 pm »

Are these really "dreamselves" though?  Dreamselves are mostly-real people who live on Derse and Prospit.  I think these are just like, ghosts or something.  Including ghosts of live people.  John certainly didn't look like he died there, I think living people just wake up.  Unless it's the actual living person visiting the bubble, in which case Karkat better watch out for fishy bitches.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36575 on: March 24, 2012, 09:09:32 pm »

Roxy is actually a dreamself in the dreambubble right here probably. John was not. Because John is his dreamself right now. Or something? God tier stuff is weird.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36576 on: March 24, 2012, 09:27:26 pm »

(Possibly) more importantly, how did Dave and Karkat see John?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36577 on: March 24, 2012, 09:34:52 pm »

They just entered a Dream Bubble, remember? It might as well be this one.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36578 on: March 24, 2012, 09:37:03 pm »

Oh, yeah.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #36579 on: March 25, 2012, 01:22:50 am »

Helmsman Terezi of the HICS Meteor Laboratory, sniffing her way through the cosmos.

Is the plan Meenah's talking about the deal with the devil Scratch was talking about in his giant wall of exposition?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36580 on: March 25, 2012, 01:28:15 am »

Sounds plausible. Could be some unrelated plan, but that one is the only one we already know exists. Possibly she intended to make herself the Condesce? If she wound up being the one to cut the deal with Echidna, she might not even have mentioned the whole "Empress for the rest of ever" thing to the others.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36581 on: March 25, 2012, 01:50:15 am »

Goddammit John! That was heroic! Which means it counts!

Hussie really is taking that "Kill John again!" line too seriously...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36582 on: March 25, 2012, 02:58:04 am »

Helmsman Terezi of the HICS Meteor Laboratory, sniffing her way through the cosmos.

I will only accept her as C4PT41N T3R3Z1 when she starts wearing a folded-newspaper hat.

I know her hive was kinda large and all, but holy crap what.

Hussie really is taking that "Kill John again!" line too seriously...

Don't forget, Terezi promised to kill him if she ever met him in person.  Too bad the doofus just has to be a hero all the time.

Is the plan Meenah's talking about the deal with the devil Scratch was talking about in his giant wall of exposition?
Possibly she intended to make herself the Condesce? If she wound up being the one to cut the deal with Echidna...

I never even thought of that.  She may have made a deal with a denizen, or a Guardian, or English, in their original session to be the Empress, and she didn't get the memo that it would be another version of herself to reap the rewards.  Would fit the story's MO pretty well alright.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:00:25 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36583 on: March 25, 2012, 09:13:29 am »

I knew it. I fucking knew it; I had suspicions when I saw the pony detectives book, but the image confirms it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“We know that Dirk has a genuine fondness towards Rainbow Dash. What are your thoughts on Friendship is Magic? Do you enjoy the show, or did you only include the cyan pegasus for the sake of humor?”

I’ve seen like one episode. It’s nicely done, but it’s a damn show for kids. I do some silly shit with my spare time but I am not a child. Some people think this makes Dirk a “brony.” I think it’s more that he really does watch it and evaluate it for whatever studious purposes he has, but just happens to like that one pony unironically. A brony does not this a dude make.

Isn't that kind of what "brony" means, though? I'm not sure if I'm following what Hussie is saying here. Dirk watches MLP. There is a pony he likes. It's not like there's a Noble Circle of Bronies he needs to be inducted into to become a true fan. Or do you need to unironically like a minimum of two ponies before it counts? A minimum of three ponies? What's next? Terezi isn't really into dragons because she only PRETENDS to believe that all her scalemates are alive, and only does the furry roleplaying with nepeta IRONICALLY?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36584 on: March 25, 2012, 09:16:09 am »

I think the fact that you are over-thinking this is the reason why you are a brony and Hussie and Dirk are not.
Pages: 1 ... 2437 2438 [2439] 2440 2441 ... 3524