Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2401 2402 [2403] 2404 2405 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117832 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: what do you think Zach?
« Reply #36031 on: March 16, 2012, 02:06:07 am »

That next session will be piss-easy once the beta-kids arrive. No prototyped denizens or royalty and at least four god tier characters?

Even without Rose's, Dave's and Jade's ascension, one could say that this session would be a breeze.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36032 on: March 16, 2012, 02:16:02 am »

That next session will be piss-easy once the beta-kids arrive. No prototyped denizens or royalty and at least four god tier characters?

Even without Rose's, Dave's and Jade's ascension, one could say that this session would be a breeze.

Not really.  Bec Noir has demonstrated the ease with which he can incapacitate a God Tier player.  Dave and Jade could probably make things difficult for him for a variety of reasons, but he's still a threat.  We also don't know what exactly HIC is carrying to make her so competent and threatening, and (as a personal theory) whether or not she can God Tier on Jane's quest ___.  There's also LE and, by extension, Doc Scratch to deal with.  Of course, you were posting primarily for the pun.  I'd make one too, except I'm really tired and kind of incoherent.  So.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36033 on: March 16, 2012, 04:38:54 am »

I cannot wait to see the confrontation with the Black King. I fully expect him to be 6 inches tall.
I'll be honest, I was expecting a bit more of a fight out of the guy.

Also, update.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36034 on: March 16, 2012, 04:42:26 am »

He still has the best hat.  :D Even without the prototyping, he still has the best hat.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36035 on: March 16, 2012, 04:46:51 am »

Also, update.

If you mean the newest wall of lavender text, it's actually a couple hours old.  I figured everybody already read it.

ROSE: Usually scratched sessions are absolute resets, and involve no direct influence from the first attempt at all. I can't find any precedent for our situation.

Here's a game for you, identify how many ways Rose is wrong in that assessment, and how subtle each of those ways are.

I have to say I find it a little weird that there's so much stuff written down about a session they haven't been to, scavenged from books in libraries from a session whose existence predated their destination.  There's prophecy, and there's just infodumping.  Well, Sburb always was a very obviously sloppy game anyway.  Good thing that, by having been expressed, every idea in this textlog is going to be subverted and invalidated later on.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36036 on: March 16, 2012, 04:48:10 am »

FOUR HUNDRED YEARS?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36037 on: March 16, 2012, 04:48:46 am »

Just about. Most likely about 13 more.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36038 on: March 16, 2012, 04:50:46 am »

Makes sense. After all, they're living in the age of exiles.

Actually, make that 16 more. So they'd be in *calculates* 2440.

Nice number.

Actually, this sheds a new light on Roxy's drinking. It was assumed that Rose was too dead to stop her from doing it, but now it's shown that she never had a parental figure to begin with.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:59:01 am by Darvi »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #36039 on: March 16, 2012, 04:58:03 am »

400 is a bit more than 3...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36040 on: March 16, 2012, 05:03:13 am »

Actually, this sheds a new light on Roxy's drinking. It was assumed that Rose was too dead to stop her from doing it, but now it's shown that she never had a parental figure to begin with.
So... How does she even know why her mother is? How do Dirk and Roxy know about Dave and Rose?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36041 on: March 16, 2012, 05:05:38 am »

Dude, they were celebrities. Good point.

Chances are they did some research the 21st century internet.

Hmmm, this also explains the fucked up timeline of post-scratch Liv.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:07:30 am by Darvi »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36042 on: March 16, 2012, 05:09:58 am »

It is weird. Even if they knew about a famous writer and film director with a similar name, that is far from assumed pseudo-genetic-timefuck-parenthood.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36043 on: March 16, 2012, 05:23:12 am »

It's safe to assume that they named themselves after the writer and director respectively. There probably were some documents, papers, scripts and stuff lying around.

That, or Rose and Dave did take care of them. Time powers would be incredibly convenient there.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36044 on: March 16, 2012, 07:58:15 am »

400 years in the future...
MINDFUCK HOMESTUCK MINDFUCK HOMESTUCK HOMEMIND FUCKSTUCK HOMEFUCK MINDSTUCK

So this is how the last flash was supposed to make sense then. Oh-kay I can see that working.
HOMEFUCK MINDSTUCK STUCKMIND FUCKHOME MINDFUCK STUCKHOME FUCKMIND HOMESTUCK

But the gap of time between dave/rose and dirk/roxy... It's almost as if something has been KEEPING THEM ALIVE ALL THOSE YEARS. HINT HINT.

My personal theory is that the condescence extended the lives of U2 Dave and U2 Rose because she liked their early work. She possibly was even the initial investor for Dave's movie business. Dave and Rose, in their quasi-century spanning lives, eventually became savvy to the Condescence's plans for total world domination, and began to rebel through their art.

Basically, the Condescence is a former SB&HJ fan. 8^y
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:13:23 am by Heliman »
Pages: 1 ... 2401 2402 [2403] 2404 2405 ... 3524