Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2332 2333 [2334] 2335 2336 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5119418 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: [S] Prince of Heart: Rise up.
« Reply #34995 on: February 19, 2012, 01:49:08 pm »

What is trollnetics? The idea that a Vriska-lookalike popped out of the incestuous slurry through a freak chance?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:53:51 pm by JoshuaFH »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34996 on: February 19, 2012, 02:00:38 pm »

When Hussie first came up with the idea of Homestuck three years ago, he claims he originally wanted the counterpart alien-players to never be seen or maybe even named.  They would tell their life stories and eventually die off in some way, existing from the perspective of the story as nothing but words on a screen.  It would be a commentary on the nature of online friendships.

It took less than a year before he decided to start showing what they looked like, and just a few months after had definitely committed himself to giving them a whole act of their own, probably not even realizing how he'd let them dominate half the story from then on.

As soon as he started soliloquizing about the true nature of the Sufferer as remembering being a player from in previous Troll session (like ten months ago now, holy shit), I knew that Hussie couldn't resist at least showing off the troll character-motifs as they existed in a relatively mundane world, before the titanic powers of the game and Lord English showed up.  It makes sense that it'd be now, as a way of juxtaposing Beta and Alpha Earth, to demonstrate just what kind of force the players are up against.  It was the first thing I thought on seeing "God-Tier Karkat", and seeing "Vriska" as the Troll equivalent of a good little Catholic girl just clinches it for me.

Still doesn't explain who the Hell UU is.  A fifth session I suppose.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34997 on: February 19, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »

John<3Vriska and Dave<3Terezi.

All day. Erry day.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34998 on: February 19, 2012, 02:50:57 pm »

John<3Vriska and Dave<3Terezi.

All day. Erry day.
I will support this only because it means lesbian RosexJade shenanigans.

Kanaya will be heartbroken and then I can move in on her I mean someone else can have that lovely woman and they shall all be happy together.

Forever.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34999 on: February 19, 2012, 02:54:14 pm »

Nah, Jade gets Karkat and Rose gets Kanaya. Your dreams have been crushed.

Oh god, I just took part in a shipping discussion. What the hell have I become.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35000 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35001 on: February 19, 2012, 03:05:56 pm »

*Still yearns for the days where Jade/Jadesprite was a thing, however briefly*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35002 on: February 19, 2012, 03:09:38 pm »

What is trollnetics? The idea that a Vriska-lookalike popped out of the incestuous slurry through a freak chance?
Trollnetics is a willing suspension of disbelief. Anything that goes unexplained about the trolls is trollnetics.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35003 on: February 19, 2012, 03:10:32 pm »

Advanced shipping graphs are the way of the future, guys. Behold!

Code: [Select]
                    Lemonsnout
                        |
                       <3=
                        |
John -<3- Vriska -<3=- Terezi -<3- Dave
  |         |           |           |
<3/<>      <3          <3          <3
  |         |           |           |
Rose -<3- Kanaya -<>- Karkat -<3- Jade
Every combination of lines that does not form an angle between two identical quadrants is acceptable to me. I could probably expand this but I actually don't care enough.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure I'd have to go crazy with the lines to keep things properly connected.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:17:12 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35004 on: February 19, 2012, 03:14:00 pm »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35005 on: February 19, 2012, 03:16:18 pm »

I only ship if it can be made into a pun or joke.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35006 on: February 19, 2012, 03:45:22 pm »

Disturbing Insane Theory: The human characters also arose from incestuous slurry.

1: PreScratch Reckoning meteors enter PostScratch Universe
2: PostScratch Jane ectobiologically combines John and Jade to create herself and Jake, Dave and Rose to create Dirk and Roxy.
3: PostScratch Reckoning meteors enter PreScratch Universe
4: PreScratch John ectobiologically combines Jake and Jane to create himself and Jade, Dirk and Roxy to create Dave and Rose.
5: See step 1.

Assuming the same thing happens with the trolls, this resolves the weird asymmetry in their Scratches, and gives Hussie that punchline about incestuous slurries.

Might contradict the nature of paradox clones, though. Depending on whether or not you can have intermediate paradox clones count toward that bit where a paradox has to be genetically identical and ultimately become the person cloned, since this necessitates that the instance of a given character created ectobiologically be different than the source instance.

EDIT: Also, arguably, contradicts the end of Descend, in which we follow the path of the meteor that strikes John's house, unless only meteors bearing a child swap universes. Can't be Jane's, because it's not autumn in Descend.

EDIT: Oh, wait, nevermind. Also contradicts the artifacts they bring with them, something I kept bringing up myself.

EDIT: Damn, now I don't even know what to think. If there's only one copy of each artifact that loops through each universe, that would work. It'd require that they all wind up in the same place, but preScratch John's book being so beat up would make sense if it aged through the postScratch universe instead of just 13 years preScratch. The tiny Maplehoof might be a clue that postScratch Dave made more of them, and if a full-sized one gets pulled into the Medium like the original Maplehoof it might be a case of two otherwise identical creatures; Dirk obviously has access to some sort of captchalogue tech, given his request for a ghost imprint of a brain, so this isn't entirely ridiculous. The hat and dirty bunny are already beat up enough that aging isn't necessarily going to make them noticeably worse off. Cal and Mutie aren't terribly old given that Bro and Mom are relatively young from the look of things, and whatever happened to put Mutie in a block could explain whatever longevity is necessary for it get through to the preScratch universe, later to be freed by Mom.

The knit bunny and the pistols, we haven't seen postScratch as far as I know, and the bunny in particular is probably going to be wonky due to going back and forth between Jake and Jade anyway.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:13:02 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #35007 on: February 19, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

so I think, and bear with me here, what if the Haindmaid is the white queen?

She lost her duel with HIC, and vowed revenge against her and LE. She kills or replaces the white queen and assumes the Prospitan monarchy, thus filling the "fucked over" quota for the alpha session.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35008 on: February 19, 2012, 04:06:40 pm »

She lost her duel with HIC, and vowed revenge against her and LE. She kills or replaces the white queen and assumes the Prospitan monarchy, thus filling the "fucked over" quota for the alpha session.

Boy would I love to see that.  It'd be nice for at least one Guardian/Ancestor in this whole story to get something approximating a happy ending, and she really deserves one.  Whether the Condesce's fate counts as that, pretty open ended since we don't actually know yet.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35009 on: February 19, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »

Except Doc Scratch explicitly said the Handmaid got killed in that one fight.
Pages: 1 ... 2332 2333 [2334] 2335 2336 ... 3524