Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117095 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Massively Online Crockerbots Kill
« Reply #34755 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13:14 am »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34756 on: February 09, 2012, 07:15:51 am »

Still rereading man, I mean keeping track of Homestuck is a challenge in itself, but keeping track of it in two different points? Fuck man, I'm going to be the hero of time, because I suck at these things.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34757 on: February 09, 2012, 07:44:21 am »

And then suddenly UU was a lot more intersting.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34758 on: February 09, 2012, 08:44:29 am »

I realised that Dirk's role is another unintentional shout out to TTGL.

"This drill is my soul!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34759 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:30 am »

But that would imply that Simon has the power to destroy drills/spiral power/etc. Your reference doesn't work out man. Allow me to blow your mind in its place though.

Dirks title can be interchangeable with Destroyer of Souls. One of those options is Destroyer of Heart.

Dirk is gonna break Jakes heart
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34760 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:09 am »

Quote from: UU
or caUses destrUction throUgh x," if x is the aspect.
My point still stands.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34761 on: February 09, 2012, 08:59:23 am »

So has anyone in the community made a Class/Aspect ability chart yet?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34762 on: February 09, 2012, 09:00:16 am »

Does this count?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34763 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:13 am »

I haven't posted in this thread much at all lately, but I must say, I think Bro's autoresponder is my favorite character from the Alpha session.

I suddenly remembered from something someone posted that one time I made all those fantrolls for everyone last year before I started learning how to draw. If I wasn't so busy that would be a total blast to do again some time.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34764 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:28 am »

Oh hey that's neat. hint hint hint please.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34765 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:44 am »

I suddenly remembered from something someone posted that one time I made all those fantrolls for everyone last year before I started learning how to draw. If I wasn't so busy that would be a total blast to do again some time.
That would be magnificent.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34766 on: February 09, 2012, 11:54:18 am »

Still accepting bribes over here. Actually, that whole thing started out as a joke, and thanks to the power of the internet, I'm not sure but you guys might have been taking me seriously about that. Or you were just playing along. Hard to tell.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34767 on: February 09, 2012, 01:01:22 pm »

I honestly don't think UU is a villain anymore. In fact she may be nearly as adorable as Nepeta was.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34768 on: February 09, 2012, 01:18:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not sure about the rest of that post, but this?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

That's just arbitrary enough to be plausible as something intended.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34769 on: February 09, 2012, 01:28:11 pm »

SO I've been thinking about the aspects and I think I've finally come to the point where I can make some fan-speculation.

These are the current confirmed active/passive classes:
Prince:+
Thief:+
Bard:-
Rogue:-

Ole UU said that
"The active classes exploit their aspect to benefit themselves, while passive classes allow their aspect to benefit others." T
So from that, we can probably make some inferences.

Seer: probably -, has only used their ability to see future events as a method of defending others.

Maid: Probably -, indicated by aradia's frequent self sactifice for her friends. Noticible difference and probably counterpart to sylph, in that instead of hurting others for the greater good, she hurts herself in their place.

Knight: Leaning +. If I were to make a speculation, the knight class is probably one that uses their aspect to recruit others to his cause, willingly (unlike Tavros). since this could be considered an exploitation of their aspect, it suggests them to be active. This can be seen when dave uses his time magic to fight alongside himself, and Karkat befriending people embroiled in blood, like Spades Slick and Gamzee. It's interesting to note that they don't directly influence with their aspect, and allow their influence over others to do that for them.

Witch: leaning -. The witch class is funny. It tends to love their aspect so vehemently that it comes back to bite their friends in the ass. This is seen in the very obvious parallel of both feferi and jade with their immensely powerful guardians that have control over their respective aspect. Both try to prototype their guardian and both of these prototypes eventually become the biggest stepping stone in the way of victory.
By the way they have worked so far, it looks like the witch class is always empowered by aspect from an outside source. this could make it the opposite of the Mage class, who seem to end up empowering others and themselves on their own.

Heir: It seems like a -. their aspect is supposed to come totally naturally to them, and their mere existence seems to benefit others. this can be seen with John's wind blowing Bec Noir off the scent constantly, and with Equius's natural anti-omniscience void pocket protecting Vriska from Doc Scratch.

Mage: Probably +. The Mage may be a class that empowers themselves and others with their aspects. In contrast to the witch, the mage ends up empowering others with his aspect. Sollux did this when he doomed Aradia, and may be the reason why Aradia became a ghost in the first place.
They are in direct contrast with the witch. instead of receiving the power of their aspect through outside forces, they become the outside force that imbues others with their aspect.

Sylph: Seems to be leaning +. She hurts others for their own good, or the ultimate good. (IE protecting the matriorb by cutting it out of mama, severing Tavros's legs so he can get robotic ones, killing the prince of hope so he doesn't destroy hope.) Since it is exploitation of her talent, but for the ultimate good.

Page: possibly -. Tavros never really exploited his aspect at all, besides flying alot.
The page is very likely a counterpart to the knight, for two reasons.
First, Tavros has numerous relations to the "fake knight" Don Quixote. His strife specibi is "lancekind," he has a large, personal fantasy of being an imaginary, more powerful person, and one of his planet's only features is a giant windmill.
Second, Tavros is able gain allies like the Knight, only he does it by controlling them against their will.

Based on my guessed counterparts in my notes:

+mage/witch-
+knight/Page-
+sylph/maid-

I now have, by way of elimination:
+heir/seer-
It's odd, but it makes sense. the heir is in direct control of an aspect, and drifts along with no thought of the future, while the seer has only thoughts of the future by way of seeing, but not controlling, her aspect.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:21:15 pm by Heliman »
Pages: 1 ... 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 ... 3524