Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2276 2277 [2278] 2279 2280 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5133459 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Majorly Ostensible Carrot Katastrophe
« Reply #34155 on: January 22, 2012, 02:03:48 am »

I'm telling you, the thread is cursed!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #34156 on: January 22, 2012, 03:53:24 am »

So... Rose and Dave are dead in the alpha universe.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34157 on: January 22, 2012, 03:55:28 am »

I think they all are. John was stuffed and I'm certain Jake lives alone... All dead.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34158 on: January 22, 2012, 05:27:02 am »

So yeah, Roxy doesn't drink because Rose is a terrible mother and can't see her due to void powers concealing her

It's because her mother is dead
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34160 on: January 22, 2012, 05:31:50 am »

Same way she can continue to "produce" best selling novels.  Clearly, Mom Rose was just that forward thinking.  Or she's a ghost.  As in, a ghost writer.

Why does such a terribly depressing story have to be hilarious?  Everyone's always dying and the entire cast is a cavalcade of psychological trainwrecks, but it's just so damn entertaining.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34161 on: January 22, 2012, 05:35:00 am »

Fuck... She really is a ghost isn't she.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34162 on: January 22, 2012, 10:41:42 am »

ABLOO BLOO BLOO

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34163 on: January 22, 2012, 10:53:08 am »

Fuck... She really is a ghost isn't she.
If she's not, she very soon will be.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34164 on: January 22, 2012, 12:56:02 pm »

Rose just stocked up a lot of booze. And always thinking of the macabre, she instructed in her will to release her books sequentially after she dies.

Or the concept of them having parents is just a defense mechanism akin to the scrawlings on the walls for the original kids.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34165 on: January 22, 2012, 01:14:51 pm »

One theory I saw over on the mspa forum is that if Roxy and Dirk are cloned from their originals and not having been recombined in an incestual paradox, then they recognize that Dave, and Rose are not their parents and assume they are orphans/have some vague awareness of their original selve's being dead
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34166 on: January 22, 2012, 01:33:39 pm »

Well, Roxy did get a sense that Rose in her dream was her daughter. And it seems more or less conclusive that they're the paradox clones of themselves spawned in the pre-Scratch session, marking their universe for consumption by Lord English, although that's not necessarily true because we haven't actually seen it happen onscreen I guess. Which would make them unrelated, and therefore make all possible ships between them non-incestuous.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34167 on: January 22, 2012, 03:03:20 pm »

Same way she can continue to "produce" best selling novels.  Clearly, Mom Rose was just that forward thinking.  Or she's a ghost.  As in, a ghost writer.

Why does such a terribly depressing story have to be hilarious?  Everyone's always dying and the entire cast is a cavalcade of psychological trainwrecks, but it's just so damn entertaining.

It's because it's approached in a manner that isn't overly serious or highly dramatic. The same could be said for most things in the comic: You look at them - really look at them - and they're actually really damn tragic. Hell, there's already been a couple of times Jane's Dad (as well as us) was convinced she was dead, and that's pretty damn serious.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34168 on: January 22, 2012, 03:20:29 pm »

Well, Roxy did get a sense that Rose in her dream was her daughter. And it seems more or less conclusive that they're the paradox clones of themselves spawned in the pre-Scratch session, marking their universe for consumption by Lord English, although that's not necessarily true because we haven't actually seen it happen onscreen I guess. Which would make them unrelated, and therefore make all possible ships between them non-incestuous.

But to be the same people, they'd have to be genetically identical to their selves in the other session, making it basically just as bad (inbreeding-wise) as if they were related.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34169 on: January 22, 2012, 04:30:16 pm »

Ah, why? Pre-scratch, they weren't related anyway. The only siblings were John+Jade and Rose+Dave. The new kids were just standard paradox clones of themselves, and Dirk+Roxy and Jane+Jake were bred to produce the siblings.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2276 2277 [2278] 2279 2280 ... 3524