Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2266 2267 [2268] 2269 2270 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5130798 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Majorly Ostensible Carrot Katastrophe
« Reply #34005 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:30 am »

Oh, hi there Calmasis.

Clearly, at some point in the future, LE's worst enemy will be Pupa (Zazzer)pan.  :P

(No, I'm not serious.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34007 on: January 18, 2012, 02:55:20 am »

A MINOR ASIDE, SINCE THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO ASK: 

I can't read this thread because I'm far from caught up on MSPA (I don't really read it regularly) so I'm avoiding spoilers.

I am posting here because I am requesting a favor, to make a goodie for a friend.  If anyone here is really good at drawing in Hussie's style I need a character drawn. 

I don't have much in the way of reward for this outside of Half Life 2 on Steam, a 25% off Valve game coupon, or GRATITUDE.  Just PM me with a sample of your drawing power and I'll respond with The Task.   Thanks! 

(To continue avoiding spoilers, I won't be reading this thread for responses)

I'm semi-decent at the making of the characters (by stitching together some sprites from a big bunch of em I have) but I suppose if you want ACTUAL PROPER STUFF, I'm not really the person to ask.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34008 on: January 18, 2012, 03:57:58 am »

And Hussie has joined the SOPA blackout. 

I kinda thought he would.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34009 on: January 18, 2012, 11:12:23 am »

I have to approve of how he did it, though. Also, I just noticed that Roxy owns a Super Nintendo, making her the greatest character of all time. Unless somebody else also does and I just didn't notice, in which case I'd have to choose.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #34010 on: January 18, 2012, 01:17:43 pm »

That was incredibly clever.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34011 on: January 18, 2012, 03:11:25 pm »

A MINOR ASIDE, SINCE THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO ASK: 

I can't read this thread because I'm far from caught up on MSPA (I don't really read it regularly) so I'm avoiding spoilers.

I am posting here because I am requesting a favor, to make a goodie for a friend.  If anyone here is really good at drawing in Hussie's style I need a character drawn. 

Well are you talking about sprites or the 'hero-mode' kind?  Or maybe problem sleuth or bard's quest-esque?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34012 on: January 18, 2012, 04:03:04 pm »

Well are you talking about sprites or the 'hero-mode' kind?  Or maybe problem sleuth or bard's quest-esque?
(To continue avoiding spoilers, I won't be reading this thread for responses)
Your going to have to PM him your questions.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34013 on: January 18, 2012, 04:59:11 pm »

Oh, right, I only read like half of that one line

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34014 on: January 18, 2012, 05:58:42 pm »

Has the race thing ever really been an issue in Homestuck? I don't think I've ever read it as such.

The only time it ever came up here was when someone depicted Human!Vriska as Black, whch I actually kind of liked. other than that, I've never really thought about it.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34015 on: January 18, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »

The thought really didn't come till my head till now as well. I guess I was partial to the idea that Jade could've been Asian, and I think Dave could also be African American. I never really took a moment to think about it. I guess the reason most people assumed they were white was because of the white sprites.

The only time it ever came up here was when someone depicted Human!Vriska as Black, whch I actually kind of liked. other than that, I've never really thought about it.
Link please? That sounds interesting.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34016 on: January 18, 2012, 06:19:07 pm »

In Homestuck? No. And I doubt it ever will be. In the fandom? Well, it hasn't until now because nobody had any information to contradict the beliefs they held before. But now Word of God says that their headcanon isn't universally correct, and for a variety of reasons (I'm willing to peg the major one as racism, to be honest) that's not acceptable to a lot of people. A lot of ridiculous, obnoxious people.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34017 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:24 pm »

In Homestuck? No. And I doubt it ever will be. In the fandom? Well, it hasn't until now because nobody had any information to contradict the beliefs they held before. But now Word of God says that their headcanon isn't universally correct, and for a variety of reasons (I'm willing to peg the major one as racism, to be honest) that's not acceptable to a lot of people. A lot of ridiculous, obnoxious people.

Eh... 4chan has had "arguments" about it, i.e. trollfests.  There was a brief rash of depicting Rose as black (and not flatteringly) after the Grimdark thing, but other than that, eh.

In this case, I think the flareup on his tumblr was more about his original soap-box non-answer itself.  People calling him a wimp for taking the "politically correct racial-rainbow" position instead of saying "yeah, they're (race) and that's not important".  After reading them, I do think the second response was a bit necessary, because he got a little blunt with the idea of assumptions without really acknowledging that while it's perfectly acceptable to think of the characters as completely-non-racial, he did ground all of them in media stereotypes that say "white" (along with his acknowledgment that he once identified Bro as white, as a joke long before he put much thought into it).

Anyway, one great thing about this comic is that all it takes is a few days worth of antics and the subject changes.  Even the fat-Vriska thing doesn't come up anymore.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34018 on: January 18, 2012, 06:54:27 pm »

Even the fat-Vriska thing doesn't come up anymore.
Just had to open your mouth.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34019 on: January 18, 2012, 07:07:27 pm »

What are you talking about, the Fat Vriska thing comes up all the time.
There is pretty much no time whatsoever when the Fat Vriska thing will never come up.
Pages: 1 ... 2266 2267 [2268] 2269 2270 ... 3524