Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2159 2160 [2161] 2162 2163 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5129264 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Future classroom woes
« Reply #32400 on: December 03, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »

I should talk to my dad about that. I like that kind of shenanigans.

Veld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32401 on: December 03, 2011, 03:07:42 pm »

HS book one and PS book three are on sale now. I guess we'll finally see how Hussie handled the flash animations.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32402 on: December 03, 2011, 03:28:07 pm »

The binding contains a small computer and speaker, and those pages are actually thin, flexible monitors that play the appropriate flash when you turn the prior page. It's quite spiffy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32403 on: December 03, 2011, 03:56:00 pm »

P.S. She had never even heard of homestuck until a few weeks ago when I admitted where the name was from. She still likes it though. :P

I don't want to be the one saying this sounds like a terrible idea, but it's not like people aren't naming their children any crazy now.  I still would have made it the middle name.  At least you picked a good one, Aradia sounds like it could be a real name and it rolls off the tongue.

You better start preparing yourself for the day some ten years from now when (as a child of the 21st century) she Googles her name to see what it means, and stumbles across a comic strip about teenage aliens trying to fuck each other and god knows what fanart by then.

I don't suppose wavy black hair runs in your family?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32404 on: December 03, 2011, 04:36:50 pm »

The binding contains a small computer and speaker, and those pages are actually thin, flexible monitors that play the appropriate flash when you turn the prior page. It's quite spiffy.

Wait, seriously? That's amazing!

Also, grats on the baby.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32405 on: December 03, 2011, 05:03:36 pm »

P.S. She had never even heard of homestuck until a few weeks ago when I admitted where the name was from. She still likes it though. :P
You better start preparing yourself for the day some ten years from now when (as a child of the 21st century) she Googles her name to see what it means, and stumbles across a comic strip about teenage aliens trying to fuck each other and god knows what fanart by then.
Or, alternatively, comes across this article.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32406 on: December 03, 2011, 06:00:10 pm »

Or, alternatively, comes across this article.

That actually makes it a lot better.  So I guess Aradia kind of is a real name, and you can just tell her it's the Italian pagan thing, not the comic strip with the character who's a kissing robot.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32407 on: December 03, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »

Wait, seriously? That's amazing!
Not sure if sarcasm...

In the interests of not getting your hopes up, no that was not serious, we're probably still another half-decade or so away from such technology becoming practical... Hopy shit it is the future.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32408 on: December 03, 2011, 07:37:08 pm »

Small update.

Looks like Bro still has Cal. And Dave obsesses over weird old movie paraphernalia.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32409 on: December 03, 2011, 08:34:05 pm »

TT: Through an intense commitment bordering on religious devotion to the absolutely inane, absurd, or plain fucking stupid, a very different kind of sincerity begins to materialize. One of reverence to the ridiculous. You begin to "mean it," but what exactly it is you mean is never quite what appears on the surface, and is utterly inaccessible to obtuse and literal minds. That you "mean it" then becomes inseparable from the joke, and additional rich strata of humor may be stripped aggressively from this irreconcilable truth.

That is way too goddamn much to type in one line of an IM conversation.  Also, Original-Bro confirmed for loving the shit out of smuppets.

Seriously, what the fuck did I just read?  This is pointless.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #32410 on: December 03, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »

That was bullshit.

Jake should make his way over to Bro's place so that he can look like he's in a John Woo movie.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #32411 on: December 03, 2011, 08:44:51 pm »

The new kids are way better than the old ones.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32412 on: December 03, 2011, 09:09:16 pm »

TT: Through an intense commitment bordering on religious devotion to the absolutely inane, absurd, or plain fucking stupid, a very different kind of sincerity begins to materialize. One of reverence to the ridiculous. You begin to "mean it," but what exactly it is you mean is never quite what appears on the surface, and is utterly inaccessible to obtuse and literal minds. That you "mean it" then becomes inseparable from the joke, and additional rich strata of humor may be stripped aggressively from this irreconcilable truth.

That is way too goddamn much to type in one line of an IM conversation.  Also, Original-Bro confirmed for loving the shit out of smuppets.

Seriously, what the fuck did I just read?  This is pointless.

We don't hang out in the same chatrooms.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32413 on: December 03, 2011, 09:15:55 pm »

All I got out of that was that:
a) D??? Strider is completly awesome
b) How many goddam rabbits are there seriously what the hell (could someone try and explain this?)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32414 on: December 03, 2011, 09:59:13 pm »

All I got out of that was that:
a) D??? Strider is completly awesome
b) How many goddam rabbits are there seriously what the hell (could someone try and explain this?)
a) Agreed.
b) Because weird time shit/funny callbacks/Sburb glitches/no reason/HUSSIEEEEEEEE.
(or maybe the Scratch!guardians (Poppop, Grandma, etc.) all just had rabbits when they were kids?)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:01:05 pm by FuzzyZergling »
Pages: 1 ... 2159 2160 [2161] 2162 2163 ... 3524