Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126265 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: [S] ACT 6
« Reply #32205 on: November 26, 2011, 06:55:57 pm »

I predict that Jake is going to die horribly, and then play the game as a ghost/robot/whatever, and this spooky, ominous burial thing is Skaia's default response.

I also think that this is a normal session. You're supposed to lose the game, make a literal deal with the devil, reset the universe, just barely win, only to get screwed over by an unkillable bad guy out of nowhere that you will then create together with players from the universe you made, who will also be forced to reset THEIR universe. Creating the to serve as a beacon in the unnavigable not-space of the Outer Reaches is required every time, so that players from all the sessions can meet there. I don't care if it's canon. It's canon for me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32206 on: November 26, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »

IF this means anything, it means that Jake can't reach the God tiers. You need your dreamself to ascend, either way. Jade is special cuz her dreamself was prototyped, but I don't know how Jake could get his dreamself.

Not so "mad expendable" as one might think.

Edit: Also, I think Dream Arcadia was still alive, just locked in the core for some reason. If she was dead, then she wouldn't have ascended to the god tiers when jack blew up Troll Derse, wouldn't she?

About the "you need your dreamself to ascend" thing:

We don't know yet!!!!!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32207 on: November 26, 2011, 07:33:37 pm »

IF this means anything, it means that Jake can't reach the God tiers. You need your dreamself to ascend, either way. Jade is special cuz her dreamself was prototyped, but I don't know how Jake could get his dreamself.

Edit: Also, I think Dream Arcadia was still alive, just locked in the core for some reason. If she was dead, then she wouldn't have ascended to the god tiers when jack blew up Troll Derse, wouldn't she?

We don't know yet!!!!!!

To expand on that:

If the pattern set up by Aradia, Rose and Dave are to be believed, having a dead dreamself just needs a different bed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32208 on: November 26, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »

We don't know yet!!!!!!

To expand on that:

If the pattern set up by Aradia, Rose and Dave are to be believed, having a dead dreamself just needs a different bed.

Well, except that all of them had a dead real self, not a dead dream one.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32209 on: November 26, 2011, 07:36:28 pm »

Edit: Also, I think Dream Aradia was still alive, just locked in the core for some reason. If she was dead, then she wouldn't have ascended to the god tiers when jack blew up Troll Derse, wouldn't she?

I found this archive of Hussie's formspring a while back, and according to his old answer from when Wake was released, he doesn't want to say whether or not Aradia's dreamself was alive, but he's hinting that it was in an undead-like stasis. So maybe Jake can still ascend like she did? Either way, I personally doubt that Aradia's dreamself was alive, since we know that dreamselves take on the wounds of dead realselves. Barring shenanigans, Aradia's dreamself should have died from her realself being obliterated.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #32210 on: November 26, 2011, 07:53:20 pm »

I don't think any player regardless of whether their dreamselves and/or realselves are dead or any other restrictive situation will ever be prevented from becoming god tier. There will always be some way.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32211 on: November 26, 2011, 08:03:56 pm »

Well, except that all of them had a dead real self, not a dead dream one.

And then their dreamself subsequently died on their second quest beds. Amazing how they reached God-Tier when that happened.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32212 on: November 26, 2011, 09:28:50 pm »

I think Jade, if she enters the session, will perform necromancy on Jake, and resurrect his dream corpse, making it fit for ascension, if it works that way.

Personally though, I don't think that will happen, and if it actually happens, it's going to be 'uneplained game behavior'.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32213 on: November 26, 2011, 10:04:43 pm »

Update. Wow, that's uhh, that's one heck of a flora problem you got there Jake. Damn.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32214 on: November 26, 2011, 10:08:53 pm »

I KNEW IT. THAT'S WHERE THEY WERE ALL GOING.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32215 on: November 26, 2011, 10:11:55 pm »

:o Pumpkins...  *stares in wonder*
It's FEF, not FEOF

GeneralGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • lurky lurk lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32216 on: November 26, 2011, 10:12:35 pm »

And then the whole island suddenly disappears.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32217 on: November 26, 2011, 10:21:49 pm »

And then the whole island suddenly disappears.
Spoiler: What Island? (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32218 on: November 26, 2011, 10:27:07 pm »

It's interesting that his bedroom tower is on the ground detached from the main pillar. Jades room was a parallel to the dream towers on Prospit and Derse, where the Dreamselves slumber. Events that happened to one were reflected in the other. The detachment of his room could be significant to his dreamself death.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32219 on: November 26, 2011, 10:34:02 pm »

Or of something bad happening to Prospit itself.

And now I know I have a fan problem.  I went to ib.skaia.net to look up what image Duke posted a broken link to (it's gone), and decided to search for some pic I remember.  Cue three hours and a billion open tags later...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 ... 3524