Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117813 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: [S] Cascade.
« Reply #30675 on: October 27, 2011, 04:26:48 pm »

Hmm, we know the mass of the green sun: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=mass+of+the+universe+*2

However, I can't get that thing to calculate it's radius, temperature, and energy output.
We kinda don't. Because its... Complicated. I think the best thing that we can say is that a seer and knight did it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30676 on: October 27, 2011, 04:34:48 pm »

Hmm, we know the mass of the green sun: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=mass+of+the+universe+*2

However, I can't get that thing to calculate it's radius, temperature, and energy output.
We kinda don't. Because its... Complicated. I think the best thing that we can say is that a seer and knight did it.
Doc Scratch stated in a chatlog that the Green Sun is about as massive as twice the size of the kids universe.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30677 on: October 27, 2011, 04:37:14 pm »

Actually it was Rose who said that to Dave.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30678 on: October 27, 2011, 04:39:43 pm »

We do know it's mass, Rose has explicitly stated that the Green Sun has twice the mass of our universe. The radius, temperature and energy output we probably can't find on account of it not being a normal sun. Normal suns can't be green, don't act as a power source for a group of near-omnipotent and omniscient beings, or exist in an area with a chaotic space-time. I doubt it plays by the same rules as the suns in our universe.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30679 on: October 27, 2011, 04:47:34 pm »

Outer space also isn't chockablock with malignant tentacle monsters of apparently greater volume than this double-universe sun.  Physics as we know it is out the window.

By the way, Hussie posted some more explanations about the story before he put up the notice that he'd continue on 11/11/11 (like everything else in the media).  I had stuff to say about them, but I'm busy now.

By the by the way, I'm busy writing fanfiction.

That one Aqizzar posted with Kanaya and the chainsaw...

:-[

I thought it was a well made picture from a production standpoint.  If the problem is the content, you don't want to see the stuff I'm passing over.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30680 on: October 27, 2011, 05:18:55 pm »

Aqizzar? Writing fanfic? JARSUS. That last fic I made was terrible in retrospect and I am glad it turned out to not be canon.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #30681 on: October 27, 2011, 05:23:09 pm »

Aww, you guys are no fun at all.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30682 on: October 27, 2011, 07:09:36 pm »

Wait, I just remembered, isn't jade's grandpa still alive?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #30683 on: October 27, 2011, 07:13:03 pm »

He is, but we haven't seen him in a long time. I think the last time was when he picked up Jade's dead dreamself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30684 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:23 pm »

He is, but we haven't seen him in a long time. I think the last time was when he picked up Jade's dead dreamself.

And then presumably went back in time again, picked up Jade as a meteor baby, went to live on an island, and got shot while eating dinner with a mannequin.

When it's already established that the guy had a flying colorless Kingdom battleship, it's hard to say that he can't show up anywhere, anytime and plug plot holes.  But he seemed to travel time by flying back and forth through Skaia's own portals.  Without that, it's hard to see him turning up post-Scratch.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30685 on: October 27, 2011, 07:24:47 pm »

That one Aqizzar posted with Kanaya and the chainsaw...

:-[
I don't really see what's wrong with it, what am I missing?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30686 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »

And then presumably went back in time again, picked up Jade as a meteor baby, went to live on an island, and got shot while eating dinner with a mannequin.

Jade mentioned a cloud vision that included her and John meeting and talking with Grandpa. Unless that happened and wasn't shown, Grandpa still has something to do before he goes home and dies.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30687 on: October 27, 2011, 07:44:43 pm »

Wait, so Skaia can see past the scratch? Huh.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30688 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »

There's nothing wrong with a sexy woman, is there?

Ngehehehehhe
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30689 on: October 27, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »

I should hope not.  So why the frowny face?  (Yeah, I know I know.)

Jade mentioned a cloud vision that included her and John meeting and talking with Grandpa. Unless that happened and wasn't shown, Grandpa still has something to do before he goes home and dies.

I'm pretty sure some of Jade's dreams turned out to be wrong, like everything she thought she and John were going to do on Skaia after, y'know, what happened.  Of course, that could certainly still happen now, but you'd think she would have mentioned that her dreams of her own future include dog ears.  She was kinda obsessed with that.  Still a definite possibility though.

Of course, there are a few plot holes in the course of the story, bits of prognostication and outright previews that wound up just not happening.  Like in the original Alterniabound flash a year ago, Vriska claims she'd wind up sending all of her accumulated fortune to John, which never happened and probably won't now.  Even Hussie can forget minor predictions that get run off the road by later main plotlines.

Meanwhile, on What The Fuck Is Homestuck.
I bought the Hero of Light hoodie before knowing who Vriska was.

I regret nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 ... 3524