Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2039 2040 [2041] 2042 2043 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117288 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: [S] Cascade.
« Reply #30600 on: October 26, 2011, 06:48:28 pm »

I am amazed there hasn't been a SBaHJ update for this momentous occasion.

You just posted it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Trippin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30601 on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

Alright, I've been watching and re-watching the EoA5 flash and have come to my own conclusion... especially why Jade brought Skaia with her.

Jack Noir is nearly invincible with his ring. he is a Dersite, representing black on the chess board.
However, PM has also gained a ring that grants her the exact same powers.... you may be getting on to what im saying here.

The first iteration of Skaia we saw in the kid's session was a 2x2 chessboard, with the opposing kings in constant stalemate. With the further iteration of Skaia, the board grew enormous, with trillions of chess squares, thus changing the rules of the game, while sticking to the same guidelines. We have seen both the queen and king on both sides fall, and yet the game has not ended. I am thinking PM and jack noir, both having the exact same powers, are to be in a stalemate eternally, as it was before. They may not be opposing kings, but they are still Black and White, respectfully.

Jade brought along Skaia so that when LE appears and, If he is defeated, The natural balance comes back to skaia, eternal stalemate... please let me know what you think.
I imagine that every fortress will eventually become a roiling mass of naked, muddy beardballs so fat they have to travel by rolling around.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #30602 on: October 26, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »

I think it has more to do with that they'd be screwed if they wanted to try to make their universe if they didn't bring it.

Pretty sure Jade made Bilious Slick there. He was that tadpole in the eight ball. This leaves the possibility open they could still make a universe, even if their session is very technically barren.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30603 on: October 26, 2011, 07:49:51 pm »

Pretty sure Jade made Bilious Slick there. He was that tadpole in the eight ball. This leaves the possibility open they could still make a universe, even if their session is very technically barren.

The genesis frog in the 8-ball is in the volcano on LOFAF, not the Battlefield.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #30604 on: October 26, 2011, 08:04:50 pm »

They probably still need Skaia for Bilious Slick to squat in.

Or something. I don't know, I'm just speculating.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30605 on: October 26, 2011, 08:12:10 pm »

Remember to check out what Hussie has to say on all this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30606 on: October 26, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »

I don't think that picture of that guy in the thumb-nail has the lips to be legit.
Thank you based dwarf.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30607 on: October 26, 2011, 08:49:30 pm »

She brought WV, likely with the hope that he may survive, as well as his firefly Serenity, and is now prepared for a duel.

Oh god,  I hope WV lives. I don't think my heart could take him permanently dieing.

This appears to be a pattern with LE, enslaving various women, who can only die by completing their term of service, and vice versa. He recruited Aradia’s and Feferi’s ancestors in the same way. From the perspective of LE as a crime boss rather than an immortal demon, he’s somewhat like a ruthless pimp. Whoever he is. This is one of the few major questions lingering, in case you didn’t notice.

Interesting. Whoever LE is, it seems he does not have the highest opinion of women. Le theorists may want to take note of this.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30608 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:27 pm »

Quote from: Part 1
I don’t see myself doing another animation this long for the rest of the series. Not even close, in fact. This was, in terms of cinematic gravitas, the high point of the series. It’s the conclusion to act five which all the setup demanded. It is the BIG ONE.

The story is officially into denouement, at least in terms of presentation.  If Hussie follows through on his promises, about how Act 5.2 was way longer than intended and Acts 6 and 7 were supposed to be shorter than 5 on paper, we're easily looking at this as the grand climax of the story, and probably no more than another year of action.  I'm sure Hussie will try to end it on a significant date again, and April 13th at less than six months doesn't seem long enough the way he tells a story.

Haven't even started reading the other two essays yet.  Everyone get out your highlighters.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30609 on: October 26, 2011, 09:04:12 pm »

I'm sure Hussie will try to end it on a significant date again, and April 13th at less than six months doesn't seem long enough the way he tells a story.

I think whenever it ends will be on the 6th of whatever month it is. The final update will probably be posted at 4:13 AM Hussie's time.

Or maybe it will end on day 1025, although I doubt it because I think that's coming up pretty fast.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30610 on: October 26, 2011, 09:40:22 pm »

Quote from: Parts 2
The dark gods helped chart their (Rose and Dave's) course through this spacetime maze to deliver them to this location, at this time. Take that for what you will.

I didn't even think about it, but that's one of the biggest revelations of all.  Recall this conversation, when the plan was made-

The more they elaborated on the nature of the Green Sun, the more it gives the impression that the Gods of the Furthest Ring were just bystanders to all this commotion, denizens of empty space being caught up in a bigger problem.  And the assumption I made was that it was the Green Sun itself that was killing them.  The Gods were helping the players destroy the Green Sun so it would stop destroying them, since as mindblowingly huge as the Gods are supposed to be, a flaming ball of gas twice the mass of a universe would probably do the trick.

Whether or not any of that is true, it's not even an assumption that the Gods didn't intend for the players to create the Green Sun when and where they did.  Hussie's straight up saying that's what happened, even if the reason is open to interpretation.

So, with all that in mind, what's their angle?  What do they want, and what do they know that no one else does?  Are they somehow in league with Lord English?  Are they trying to stop him from destroying universes by incredibly circuitous means?  Is Lord English not the threat to the perpetuation of reality?  Or, as Lovecraftian gods of darkness are want to do, did they just lie to Rose and make her think she'd be saving reality, when ending existence is exactly what they want?

Quote from: Part 3
So, he fled the session through one of the only ways available, by riding a meteor through a portal back to Earth. The meteor was the one host to the frog ruins, and he tucked himself in the same time capsule the White King did not too long ago.

Oh.  Okay, still seems weird to me that Jack could enter a capsule specifically described as only being able to open at certain times, but at least we cleared that up.

All of Act 5 could be subtitled “Jack Noir Kills Everybody” and that’s pretty much the guiding principle I had in structuring it from the start. Jack Noir has killed every major character, in one way or another (with maybe a few exceptions, like PM), including the entire population of two universes.

In one form or another, he has killed pretty much everyone except Jade and Aradia, twice for John, and a few minor characters.  I'd put together a list, but why bother.  That is pretty awesome when you think about it.

As the black queen of Derse, her basic role is to oppose creation. She wars with Prospit, and stands in the way of the heroes who seek to create a universe. Since she was exiled from the session, she could no longer fulfill that role. So she was offered another way, by Doc Scratch, in an agreement of mutual interest. Since she couldn’t oppose the creation of a new universe, she could facilitate the destruction of another.

That actually clears up a lot of lingering questions I had.  Who and what is was Snowman, and why was the existence of Alternia's universe tied to her existence?  A Wizard Cueball did it.

Scratch gave the queen the powers of Snowman, and bound her life in some mysterious way to the troll universe itself (turning the typically red blood of a queen to blue, the color signifying that universe). Which is of course, another giant frog much like the one Jack killed, which we have never seen from the outside.

Either Hussie doesn't remember pictures he posted forty hours ago, or he just confirmed that the tadpole in the 8-ball in the volcano on mini-LoFaF (in a hole in the bottom of the sea) is not the Alternia universe.  That means there's something else in that tadpole, and another session out there somewhere that made Alternia.  Strap yourselves in boys and girls, we're going for a ride.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:44:06 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30611 on: October 26, 2011, 09:41:10 pm »

Wanted to ask about something my brother brought up.  He said it took him awhile to figure out the significance of breaking that particular pane and pointed something out.

Basically, he suggested that it was the same panel that was broken when WV tried to talk to her, and I just realized that it could be the one that got cracked to let Hussie out, though I'd have to check on both to be sure.  Anybody think it's significant, even as just something that's been repeated a few times now?  And did it ever say how WV's screen broke?

Also, the only thing that creeps me out about the new Jade is her smile.  Everything else awesome.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30612 on: October 26, 2011, 09:45:59 pm »

Man, in retrospect the comparison to the ending of The Fountain only gets better...

unfortunately the only video I can find that includes the ending is in german (final scene starts at 1:16:00ish) ... whatever, it doesn't work that well without seeing the whole film to get the callbacks and temporal shenanigans.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30613 on: October 26, 2011, 09:53:50 pm »

With respect to Jack killing everybody; I thought also killed Aradia. Sort of. When he burst into the universe, didn't some aradia bots hold him off while the others escaped? I may be getting wires crossed with them taking down the black king though...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30614 on: October 26, 2011, 09:54:58 pm »

Okay here is something I don't understand.

Quote from: Hussie
In the station, he found this device, which had been switched to the left side of the frog with the queen’s key, most likely by the queen at an earlier point. Thus it would transport the user to the session outside this universe, i.e. the troll session, as opposed to the one inside it, the kid session. But it was out of power, and had been ever since WV flew the station halfway around the world to find the ruins.

Why would the device be rigged to transport the user to the troll session? Why that specific one? Should it be understood that there are only two concurrent sessions in existence, or the troll session's "link" to the kid session is what caused that? Maybe I am overthinking that.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:56:31 pm by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 2039 2040 [2041] 2042 2043 ... 3524