Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1984 1985 [1986] 1987 1988 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116792 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Holy shit we're halfway there guys
« Reply #29775 on: September 26, 2011, 03:43:47 pm »

I am almost certain that that page/ending of jailbreak wasn't there before.

You mean the "You Win" page? (I just read Jailbreak for the first time a couple of days ago, so I don't know if it was there before. It did strike me as odd that the comic was listed as incomplete since that seems as good an ending as any, given that the main characters had already broken out of the jail)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:45:45 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29776 on: September 26, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »

Yes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29777 on: September 26, 2011, 03:45:59 pm »

You mean the "You Win" page?

Indeed, it wasn't.  I have no idea when Hussie added that page, but it used to be you'd get to the end of Jailbreak and it would just say "this adventure has been put on hold, and may continue eventually" or some such.

Also, /co/'s Homestuck Generals have taken a serious turn for the shit during this extended hiatus.  Usually hiatus means Fanart Explosion, so I'm kinda disappointed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29778 on: September 26, 2011, 03:46:52 pm »

But the WH40K stuff writes itself.
Tarvos would be a dreadnought
Vriska would be a rogue traitor
Justice girl would be an inquisitor
And the kids would be the dark-elder, cause noone cares about them...
Doc Nid.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29779 on: September 26, 2011, 03:53:27 pm »

Quote from: /co/
Why the fuck do I keep coming back here, it's like watching a starving dog eating it's own leg.

Aqizzar is this you?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #29780 on: September 26, 2011, 05:12:50 pm »

Indeed, it wasn't.  I have no idea when Hussie added that page, but it used to be you'd get to the end of Jailbreak and it would just say "this adventure has been put on hold, and may continue eventually" or some such.
I think it was added after the hiatus started.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29781 on: September 26, 2011, 06:31:30 pm »

I think it was added after the hiatus started.
Yeah, I think that was added on the 6000th page so that the old stories would get a non-conksuck ending. Same with Bard Quest, there's now a "Do a dance" option.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29782 on: September 26, 2011, 07:11:18 pm »

What the fuck is Homestuck?

Quote from: Seriously.
I’ve been thinking about this

Maybe I’m just looking too deep into this, but I mean, really.

These kids are playing a video game while everyone they know is ( probably ) dying around them and their world and homes are burning to the ground. The fact that they’re so used to playing video games might dull the effect that those events would have on other people, but they’d still probably be terrified. Out of all of the main characters, I think it hits Rose the hardest that they’re actually playing for their lives and what each of their actions could mean as far as living and dying.

To an extent, it could also be said that Bro Strider, John’s dad, and Rose’s mom also somewhat realize what’s going on.

Something could be said here about the bonds these kids have, being 13 and their entire life being destroyed around them, their first thoughts are to stay in contact with each other as opposed to family, property, and their own safety.

Rose fights through fire to help save John, putting her own life second even though she knows that she’s only minutes away from being engulfed in flames.

John seems to think that it’s all a video game and goes along with the flow.

Dave isn’t bothered much by most things, as evident in his constant complaining over the dolls as opposed to the meteors that are striking everywhere around him. He might just be in denial, however, pointing out the smaller problems in order to block out a fear of death.

Jade is probably in the future or something.

Bro, in my opinion, recognizes the predicament that they are in and decides to duke it out one last time with his brother.

John’s father keeps a cool head, doesn’t ask questions, and just fights to get to where he needs to be.

Rose’s mother tries to stop her from leaving the house in a last ditch effort to save her life.

Usually, in a crisis, friends turn on each other and bonds shatter, but with the four heroes the exact opposite occurs.

None of them are willing to just sit back and watch everything, they are all trying to work together to save their best friends, the people that mean the most to them.

Accepting your fate is hard, learning to fight back is even harder.

The kids are idiots, but that’s what makes them strong.

He hasn't finished Act 4 yet.  It's amazing watching a guy be completely devoured by this narrative in real time.  My God, he's getting it.  Except that he's still confused by Jade's house, but whatever.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29783 on: September 26, 2011, 07:24:51 pm »

It's around that time when somebody asked Hussie on forumspring why John is so likeable.

"Because he's kind a dorky and a good friend."

And really, even with it never being specifically stated friendship is one of the central themes of this whole thing.

I await seeing his deconstruction on the Trolls. Right after raging profusely.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29784 on: September 26, 2011, 08:56:36 pm »

But the WH40K stuff writes itself.
Tarvos would be a dreadnought
Vriska would be a rogue traitor
Justice girl would be an inquisitor
And the kids would be the dark-elder, cause noone cares about them...

no no no, not like that. I mean that like the kids are introduced to the W40k without becoming eldar or tyrannid or whatever the fuck that noise is.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29785 on: September 26, 2011, 10:23:44 pm »

Does anybody know if it was ever specified how many years after the Trolls' SGRUB game the Midnight Crew Intermission takes place?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #29786 on: September 26, 2011, 10:24:48 pm »

612. I don't know if it was specified at all or not, but the kids' exiles are talking to them from 413 years in the future, so...
くコ:彡

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29787 on: September 26, 2011, 11:42:10 pm »

I wonder if the Problem Sleuth is an exile from some other universe's SBURB game, given that his universe has its own Jack Noir/Spades Slick and Midnight Crew

Edit: Also their own Warhammer of Zillyhoo and Doomsday Dice Cascader
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:54:39 pm by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29788 on: September 27, 2011, 12:51:52 am »

I wonder if the Problem Sleuth is an exile from some other universe's SBURB game, given that his universe has its own Jack Noir/Spades Slick and Midnight Crew

Edit: Also their own Warhammer of Zillyhoo and Doomsday Dice Cascader
Actually, those elements were taken from PS and put into HS as a callback to it. Unless you mean that PS is a retroactive exile, in which case, I doubt it because... uh... something about civilization still thriving, and the 50's, and PS's weird-ass window universe and I can't quite articulate it because time for bed.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29789 on: September 27, 2011, 01:11:04 am »

Maybe the 30s/50s/whatever universe is after the end, like how on Alternia Spades and co. built that whole town thing?
Or PS and friends aren't exiles, they're just archagents of Prospit rather than Derse.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 1984 1985 [1986] 1987 1988 ... 3524