Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 [1948] 1949 1950 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118316 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: you're all huge dorks you know that
« Reply #29205 on: August 23, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »

Now would be a good time to assemble that MSPA music lineage chart. Spot every callback and reference in each official album and trace them back to their roots in a dizzying chart that is probably more complex than the relationships in this story.

Tumblr you are going too far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:49:49 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29206 on: August 23, 2011, 06:49:25 pm »

I think there was a bit of Umbral Ultimatum at 1:23 in Prospit Dreamers.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29207 on: August 23, 2011, 06:55:42 pm »

Now would be a good time to assemble that MSPA music lineage chart. Spot every callback and reference in each official album and trace them back to their roots in a dizzying chart that is probably more complex than the relationships in this story.
And in the middle of it is Descend, sitting there like a spider in it's web.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29208 on: August 23, 2011, 06:57:16 pm »

That's a bit off an oddball. Do we credit Descend or all the previous song references that were in Descend? It's a weird thing to organize.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29209 on: August 23, 2011, 07:33:04 pm »

After typing all this out and then checking for new posts, I can say that I wholly agree with the last sentence of the above post.
Good God this post is monstrous for the point I was trying to make. Was there a point? I don't even remember. I thought the italics would help, but they didn't do much for skimming. Time to bust out the bullet points again and replace the >s with →s.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:34:38 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29210 on: August 24, 2011, 05:20:37 am »

The Golden Towers reminds me of Tal Tal Heights, from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I suppose it could just be a coincidence.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29211 on: August 24, 2011, 08:27:07 am »

The Golden Towers reminds me of Tal Tal Heights, from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I suppose it could just be a coincidence.

Or they could have been trained by the great Bobby Prince.
Thank you based dwarf.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29212 on: August 24, 2011, 05:48:13 pm »

We're calling what songs will be used in the end flash. My friend thinks Even In Death. I think At the Price of Oblivion would fit a little better, but I don't remember if that's already been used. Start placing bets, people! This could be neat :o

Edit: I meant to say the fabulous and amazing Voxxitronic, who is the best friend ever, and totally wouldn't edit this post to complement himself if he just so happened to be logged in as me on his computer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:57:15 pm by Vertigon »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29213 on: August 24, 2011, 05:55:29 pm »

Current estimates say it'll be around a ten minute flash. It took Hussie around two weeks to make Descend and all those other crazy flashes, and he has only gotten better at using his tools with time. Whatever music is used it'll probably be a new remix. It could even feature Alterniabound style elements so theme music from various characters could be used.

Also the MSPA imageboard where I get most of my art from is down and will likely stay that way 'till Friday,when the technical guy working for them gets back from vacation. We are in the time of less fanart. How can we survive this hiatus without fanart?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29214 on: August 24, 2011, 05:56:58 pm »

We're calling what songs will be used in the end flash. My friend thinks Even In Death. I think At the Price of Oblivion would fit a little better, but I don't remember if that's already been used. Start placing bets, people! This could be neat :o
It has, but it got cut off.
I'd say Awakening, Earthsea Borealis, or something from The Wanderers. I would say something from Sburb but that's stretching it by a lot.
My friend says Savior of the Dreaming Dead. Ha ha, how silly.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29215 on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:45 pm »

Also the MSPA imageboard where I get most of my art from is down and will likely stay that way 'till Friday,when the technical guy working for them gets back from vacation. We are in the time of less fanart. How can we survive this hiatus without fanart?

4chan, duh.  Who knows, maybe with a hiatus they'll go from seven threads a day to, like, six or something.  It'll be like 2009 again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29216 on: August 24, 2011, 06:08:54 pm »

4chan, duh.
Last time I was there five threads were made about Metastuck, with Deviantart, HSG, MSPA Forums and the Pony fandom all having their own persona they were playing around with.

And, you know, smut. At first it was just Redglare and I was all, "Erm, I guess I can continue" then kids showed up, and fuck that.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29217 on: August 24, 2011, 06:24:21 pm »

4chan, duh.
Last time I was there five threads were made about Metastuck, with Deviantart, HSG, MSPA Forums and the Pony fandom all having their own persona they were playing around with.

I had never heard of "Metastuck" until now, and lo and behold it was the the top thread.  I'm sorry I looked.  Welp, /co/ is lost for the duration of the hiatus.

Maybe, just maybe, the MSPA Forum?  Nah, not that hive.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29218 on: August 24, 2011, 06:26:08 pm »

And, you know, smut. At first it was just Redglare and I was all, "Erm, I guess I can continue" then kids showed up, and fuck that.
Pfft.

I know that was just a bad choice of wording but I'm giggling so hard right now.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29219 on: August 24, 2011, 06:27:31 pm »

All of our resources are falling. First we lost the imageboard, now /co/ has fallen. Good thing mspachan has already been evacuated for some time. Will Plusfourchan and PA Forums hold up?

Tumblr and Reddit automatically get kicked due to kidsmut.
Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 [1948] 1949 1950 ... 3524