Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1926 1927 [1928] 1929 1930 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118287 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: you're all huge dorks you know that
« Reply #28905 on: August 17, 2011, 10:48:10 am »

Isn't the Incipisphere full of air anyhow?
Mostly I just wanted to complain about something because Hussie giving himself the spotlight annoys me.

The reason I enjoy these is because they're completely silly. Hussie doesn't make himself some grandstanding asshole who controls all of reality. He's just a comical cloudcuckoolander who THINKS he's some grandstanding asshole who controls all of reality. That thin line between seriousness and parody is the brilliance of the Hussie self inserts. The Husselfserts.

In other news, apparently Doc Scratch, besides his cueball head, is made of the same stuffing material as Cal. Interesting.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28906 on: August 17, 2011, 11:25:50 am »

I can honestly say that at no point in the reading of this webcomic have I experienced displeasure with the plot, story, characters, or method of exposition delivery.
Well, except Kanaya killing Eridan. I'm standing my rage ground on that issue.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28907 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:55 pm »

I can honestly say that at no point in the reading of this webcomic have I experienced displeasure with the plot, story, characters, or method of exposition delivery.

Dude. He shot her in the stomach. With SCIENCE!. And killed her.

Sure, she came back to life afterward, but I think she's perfectly justified in wanting a little bit of revenge.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28908 on: August 17, 2011, 12:46:28 pm »

Dude. He shot her in the stomach. With SCIENCE!. And killed her.

Sure, she came back to life afterward, but I think she's perfectly justified in wanting a little bit of revenge.
Yeah, there are things friends just don't do.

Like brutally murder one another. Eridan, you're such a dick.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28909 on: August 17, 2011, 01:55:59 pm »

Yeah, there are things friends just don't do.

Like brutally murder one another. Eridan, you're such a dick.
Yeah Eridan!

And Vriska.

And Terezi too.

Still lookin' at you Gamzee.

Fef and Karkat on Solluxes original body maybe.

Aradia probably deserves to be up here too.

Why are these people friends again?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28910 on: August 17, 2011, 02:37:16 pm »

Exactly!  Why should Eridan get the crap end of the stick, and hurr durr it's okay because Vriska?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28911 on: August 17, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »

Because Vriska is cooler than Eridan.

Also all the humanizing stuff we got forced down our throats about her.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28912 on: August 17, 2011, 02:40:51 pm »

Eridan is the best troll.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #28913 on: August 17, 2011, 02:56:41 pm »

Vriska deserved everything that came to her, really.

Also, Terezi is the best troll. Eridan was just a huge dick.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28914 on: August 17, 2011, 03:14:43 pm »

If Eridan wanted to live, he should have figured out how to have some death-defying powers like Kanaya had.

Eridan just wasn't good enough for what he set himself up for.
Vriska put in her time - she practiced for it, she got god-tier, she figured out a way through her puzzles. She was a terrible person, but she earned most of of her power. And she STILL died.
Eridan never stopped thinking about himself long enough to get ANYWHERE. The little of value he HAD (Ahab's Crosshairs, Science Wands) were given to him, not earned. Did people really expect him to live up to his delusions of importance?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28915 on: August 17, 2011, 03:18:32 pm »

Yes, I did.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28916 on: August 17, 2011, 03:21:50 pm »

I at least expected him to be as hilarious as he was in the second Alterniabound flash for a bit longer. before then he was just sort of a loser, then he became hilarious for a few minutes then just flew off the edge. Bluh. I'll just chalk it up to experimental storytelling in a new medium.

Also somebody decided they were going to attempt to read aloud the entirety of Homestuck in 24 hours. Link to stream if anybody is interested. I don't have sound but I imagine it could be interesting to watch the progress.

The Troll act is going to destroy him if he makes it that far. As of this writing he just reached the first pesterlog and is already an hour in or so.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28917 on: August 17, 2011, 03:44:50 pm »

His vocal cords are gonna be shot tomorrow.  What is the word count for Homestuck anyway?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28918 on: August 17, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

Something on the order of 300,000.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28919 on: August 17, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »

Hussie listed his rough guess at a wordcount when he was rambling about how awesome he is on Formspring, but I forget.

That guy is not going to make it in 24 hours, not least because there are large sections that have nothing to do with reading speed (flashes, especially stuff like the Act 4 intro game if he wants to see everything).  Also because apparently his bandwidth isn't up to snuff to run Livestream and the website at the same time.

By the way, just because I thought they were interesting, I'm going to link to a couple of fanfics that were linked to me.  First is this bit of exploration about the Sufferer being dead, which I'm mostly impressed with because he wrote about 7000 words in 36 hours (and it's continuing), and it's actually a pretty good read.  The other, a sigma-regression complete set of every possible pairing (out of 16 characters), just because I think it's hilarious that someone actually set themselves to do it.  As of more than a quarter complete, most of them aren't even close to "shipping" (more like "emotionally positive interaction"), and are all utterly tame.  Spare yourselves the comments though, no one needs that shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1926 1927 [1928] 1929 1930 ... 3524