Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121106 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: organics only
« Reply #28605 on: August 11, 2011, 04:40:30 am »

OH MAN.
THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME.

I hope.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28606 on: August 11, 2011, 04:43:47 am »

OH GOG
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28607 on: August 11, 2011, 04:44:34 am »

In the future: Adult Dave?  Lil' Mom?  Troll-like humans?

Or is the kid's session the second one humanity has experienced?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28608 on: August 11, 2011, 05:11:49 am »

So, Karkat really does suck?

Is that what I should be taking away from all this? Is that the main point of all of this?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Veld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28609 on: August 11, 2011, 05:14:01 am »

Isn't "The mother of all monsters" Echidna? Maybe the Denizen Echidna is one of Lord English's servants.

The pink moon has a moon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28610 on: August 11, 2011, 05:15:33 am »

Interesting development.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28611 on: August 11, 2011, 05:21:46 am »

Isn't "The mother of all monsters" Echidna? Maybe the Denizen Echidna is one of Lord English's servants.

More like Betty Crocker.

We should have taken John more seriously. He's been telling us about her evil since Act 1.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28612 on: August 11, 2011, 05:24:25 am »

So, Karkat really does suck?

Is that what I should be taking away from all this? Is that the main point of all of this?

More seriously, the answer is probably complicated.  As far as I'm reading it, the original players came from a much more peaceful Troll reality, and became the ancestors of this brutal one.  Cancestor was the only one to remember (somehow), and tried to make the hideous new world he found himself in egalitarian and peaceful like he knew it was "supposed" to be.  He failed so spectacularly that the Empress declared the entire Troll population would make war in the stars, and leave the planet for raising young alone.

But even the Empress (or society as a whole) was subconsciously in on the game, hence things like raising their children (by remote) to obsess over architecture and relationships and combat with primitive weapons.  So yeah, he failed in his goal.  Pity that was probably exactly what was supposed to happen, hence Doc's new round of storytime to Aradia, who he seems to expect the same of.

By the way, here's a theory: This same process has already happened on Earth.  Mom, Bro, and Grandpa Harley (Nanna seemed a bit out of the loop, but she seemed to instill the idea in Dad) lived their entire lives as if they were preparing their children for this game.  Rose even saw her Mom as a heroine whose story had already ended.  The kids are going to scratch their session, but they're not going to warp back in time to a different reality like the Troll's ancestors did.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:26:13 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28613 on: August 11, 2011, 05:32:21 am »

Oh hey Acanthus I found it (Or something extremely like it)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28614 on: August 11, 2011, 05:35:07 am »

Homestouhou?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28615 on: August 11, 2011, 05:38:17 am »

Hm.

In any case... I can think of some spellcards that Rose has...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28616 on: August 11, 2011, 05:47:37 am »

More seriously, the answer is probably complicated.  As far as I'm reading it, the original players came from a much more peaceful Troll reality, and became the ancestors of this brutal one.  Cancestor was the only one to remember (somehow), and tried to make the hideous new world he found himself in egalitarian and peaceful like he knew it was "supposed" to be.  He failed so spectacularly that the Empress declared the entire Troll population would make war in the stars, and leave the planet for raising young alone.

Not to be a pedant, but it was the Summoner's lusus revolution that forced the decision from the Empress to go to spaaace. Spartakarkat's revolution was brutally put down by the highbloods.

By the way, here's a theory: This same process has already happened on Earth.  Mom, Bro, and Grandpa Harley (Nanna seemed a bit out of the loop, but she seemed to instill the idea in Dad) lived their entire lives as if they were preparing their children for this game.  Rose even saw her Mom as a heroine whose story had already ended.  The kids are going to scratch their session, but they're not going to warp back in time to a different reality like the Troll's ancestors did.

I'm not so sure that's happened.

It makes it easier to explain Jade's grandson if this is the first session and they're just going to swap places with their guardians like the trolls did. In fact, it makes the explanation almost obvious.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28617 on: August 11, 2011, 06:00:27 am »

It makes it easier to explain Jade's grandson if this is the first session and they're just going to swap places with their guardians like the trolls did. In fact, it makes the explanation almost obvious.

Yeah, I know, it would make perfect sense.  I've had this sinking feeling that Hussie's been hinting at that outcome ever since the Grandson thing.  I don't like that theory no matter how much sense it makes, because it would basically mean the end of our beloved Kids, and I won't stand for that.

By the way, this update brought all the old Cancestor fanart out of the woodwork, and it's some awesome stuff.  Pity the general consensus designs will probably be totally outmoded in a day or two when Hussie finally makes a picture of him.  Cool theories too, but there's time for that later.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28618 on: August 11, 2011, 08:46:48 am »

Oh hey Acanthus I found it (Or something extremely like it)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haha, that's beautiful.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: you're all huge dorks you know that
« Reply #28619 on: August 11, 2011, 08:50:50 am »

HOUMU SUTAKKU
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 3524