Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5134730 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: derail this thread if you can!
« Reply #23115 on: March 30, 2011, 01:30:50 am »

Oh noes :(
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23116 on: March 30, 2011, 01:32:43 am »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23117 on: March 30, 2011, 01:38:10 am »

I was referring to the update itself... you know, with the multitude of slaughtered bodies?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23118 on: March 30, 2011, 01:42:39 am »

Jack still can't even bring himself to dishonor Jade by ruining her banner. D'aww, such a good murderous omnidog.
Nah, it's foreshadowing.  All the kids but jade will die before she pulls off the Scratch, since Jack seems like the type of guy to flip out and accidentally destroy the battlefield.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23119 on: March 30, 2011, 01:45:38 am »

Jack still can't even bring himself to dishonor Jade by ruining her banner. D'aww, such a good murderous omnidog.
Nah, it's foreshadowing.  All the kids but jade will die before she pulls off the Scratch, since Jack seems like the type of guy to flip out and accidentally destroy the battlefield.

Didn't John already die? And Dave died like twice now.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:37:08 pm by Stone Wera »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #23120 on: March 30, 2011, 01:59:14 am »

Yeah. But the Space banner is left completely unharmed when the Light, Breath, and Time banners are all slashed in half. There's probably more than a fair share of symbolism going on there, and if that's the case, then Jack's going to run his sword through Rose at some point because she's the only one Jack hasn't murdered in some fashion yet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23121 on: March 30, 2011, 02:37:34 am »

I'm betting on the whole thing ending up like feferi and Eridan, where it's love, love, love, love, burn-a-hole-in-her-chest-with-Science as some sort of sick twist of fate. Bonus points if he symbolically bites her hand off first.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23122 on: March 30, 2011, 03:37:03 am »

This was more walking and less interacting with thing than the other flashes, which is kind of sad. Cool music, though. And there's glimpses of Prospitian culture, which is cool.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23123 on: March 30, 2011, 03:55:20 am »

I stopped checking up on Homestuck a few months ago, and I just used 'terminally capricious' in a serious, school-related email.
Whyyy? D:

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23124 on: March 30, 2011, 04:16:40 am »

Oh hello there John, you're looking quite anime today.  And being pointedly retarded and incredibly flippant about all these corpses you're tripping over.  Nice "Determined" face by the way Bucktooth.  Oh well, BRB walking up all these goddamn stairs.

You can actually catch a glimpse of Jack (or bump into his sprite if you're quick).  Other than that, doesn't seem to be any actual secrets, although the SquareSoft bookcases are a nice touch.  Of course, the real point here is that Rose isn't totally off the deep end, she's just possessed and dyslexic.  The real real point is that two of the Kids finally meet and talk face to face.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:18:46 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #23125 on: March 30, 2011, 04:21:28 am »

"They wait for he who would drop it like it's hot whilst the pimp's in the crib." Ahahaha.

Yeah. But the Space banner is left completely unharmed when the Light, Breath, and Time banners are all slashed in half. There's probably more than a fair share of symbolism going on there, and if that's the case, then Jack's going to run his sword through Rose at some point because she's the only one Jack hasn't murdered in some fashion yet.
Remember that Jade was Bec's friend/whatever. The pages where Jack couldn't bring himself to kill her? That's what it is.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23126 on: March 30, 2011, 08:01:07 am »

This provides an interesting little perspective of foresight into the future of the plot. Everything we know about Rose leads up to this event going on, with no indication of what will happen next. These bookshelves and her banner message hint at what her significance is after this climax happens. And we finally get a reference to John always getting doctor named songs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23127 on: March 30, 2011, 08:16:12 am »

Rose is still absolutely the coolest character.
Even more so, now.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23128 on: March 30, 2011, 09:26:40 am »

Rose is still absolutely the coolest character.
Even more so, now.

There is simply no way I could agree with you more.

In fact, I enjoyed this flash a lot more than almost all of the other flashes. I realize that we've seen characters conversing in dream bubbles and the afterlife, but seeing Rose just talk to John was very... jarring, for some reason. As were a lot of other things about this flash. John hung a lampshade on this when he said that this was the first time they'd ever actually met, though.

Has anyone tried trickster mode? Won't work on my browser 'cause of keyboard shortcuts but I accidentally glitched my way into an empty "music room" when I hit "play" on the right click menu.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23129 on: March 30, 2011, 09:30:43 am »

No trickster mode through the traditional means, although I would have appreciated it if some horrorterror-style stuff flashed up telling you that you couldn't do that.

Initially back when we first found Jade and Rose Enter was the best new thing Rose was my favorite. I think it was the first time we saw Hero Mode in a flash, and it was great. Then she kinda took the backburner for a while. Then the grimdark stuff came around. It provided a good contrast to her silly conversations with John, but she's ranked third of the kids to me.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 3524