Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126348 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Jack Black Homicide Squad
« Reply #21090 on: February 20, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »

Granted he keeps his cards close to his chest and whenever there is valid criticism he makes it invalid in a future update he may or may not have planned before the criticism.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21091 on: February 20, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »

It'd hardly matter. No matter what you say about the comic, fair criticism or not, he just responds that either you're wrong or that everyone else (read: the massive, adoring fanbase) is enjoying it thus your opinion means squat or that it's an experimental comic therefore your points are null. I haven't seen him actually accept a single piece of valid criticism yet, despite saying that he does.
Are you insinuating that the Hussie is not in fact perfect in every way?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21092 on: February 20, 2011, 04:48:40 pm »

To be fair to Hussie, he hasn't ever really denied the accusation that he's an egotistical jerk in regards to criticisms of Homestuck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #21093 on: February 20, 2011, 05:23:52 pm »

Totally called him keeping Cal.
Everybody notices that he stomps on Bro's glasses, but nobody notices that he's still keeping Cal?

It looks like he is anyway.

And there is no explaining the man that is Andrew Hussie.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21094 on: February 20, 2011, 05:31:32 pm »

Yeah, I was kind of wondering what Jack would be doing after obliterating everyone in basically the whole battlefield. I guess the answer is:

1. Search for someone
2. MURDER MODE MURDER MODE
3. TREASURE BINGE
4. Man, this is really boring.
5. Repeat.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21095 on: February 20, 2011, 05:57:44 pm »

Hussie is using a clever trick to make sure HS actually *is* perfect, almost per definition. It's similar to the mathematics of the Boring Number Paradox. The complex web of subverted expectation, occasional use of stylistic suck, direct reference to irony and playing with the forth wall, etc. means any flaw becomes a token flaw that's actually supposed to be there and enhances the story rather than blemishing it. By now, he can post ANYTHING and it'll just support itself because it's hit critical mass.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21096 on: February 20, 2011, 09:09:33 pm »

Hussie's work has become vast, so grandiose, that he could literally do anything trollish, disgusting, or straight-up BAD, and we would probably end up accepting it as some sort of nod to a past event. By this point he could pretty much have Jade drop her pants and fuck a horse, and we'd probably just conclude it's a callback to musclebeasts or some shit.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21097 on: February 20, 2011, 09:23:29 pm »

Hell, if does something we don't like or can't believe (i.e. read above), plenty of us would be conviced that he was just pulling a PSYCHE on us and that by the next few updates we would all be saying "haha, boy, you sure got us good". Or change its context. Or insert one of several evasion methods here. He can do anything he Goddamn pleases, period.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21098 on: February 20, 2011, 09:33:54 pm »

Are the MSPA forums dead for anyone else?
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21099 on: February 20, 2011, 09:37:41 pm »

Hell, if does something we don't like or can't believe (i.e. read above), plenty of us would be conviced that he was just pulling a PSYCHE on us and that by the next few updates we would all be saying "haha, boy, you sure got us good". Or change its context. Or insert one of several evasion methods here. He can do anything he Goddamn pleases, period.
Hey, everyone now doesn't hate eridian or whatever that science guy was...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21100 on: February 20, 2011, 09:56:25 pm »

Not even a month ago, pretty much nobody thought it was possible for Vriska to be considered anything other than a huge bitch. AND YET.
Whoa. Reading that first quote back to myself, I just realized how aggressive I sounded there. I've never (or at least try to avoid) sounded aggressive in a non-joking manner when typing stuff on the internet before. All this foruming is rubbing off on me, I guess. :T
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21101 on: February 20, 2011, 10:08:59 pm »

I never hated him.
At first I thought he was pathetically funny, then I thought he was awesomely pathetic.
On the other habd, I used to dislike Sollux. Now I don't.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21102 on: February 20, 2011, 10:10:18 pm »

I like all the trolls.  They're all good characters.  Hussie (and Oda) are the two authors I know who can keep pumping out more awesome ones.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21103 on: February 20, 2011, 10:17:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21104 on: February 20, 2011, 10:28:02 pm »

That last image...
The loincloth...
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 3524