Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5129542 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: come on guys just give up all your hope funds already to the SUCK-R-S
« Reply #19995 on: February 09, 2011, 02:01:27 pm »

I think she's wrong, as much as it sounds like Hussie through that. Troll biology has nothing for friendships, the closest thing they have is Moirails which only two of the trolls have.

I don't think that's true. In fact, I'm fairly certain it's been said that that's entirely not true. It's just that their culture doesn't encourage friendships.
Well, biology that has been explained by the narrator and Karkat, both of which are unreliable sources I'll admit.

But Aqizzar put beautifully what I was kinda getting at. There is a large disjoint between what the trolls show as their core character and how they act because of how they expect themselves to act. They have huge issues when they act upon what they are taught and expected, but when they act upon their inner characteristics they become competent. And through their relationships with the kids they grow those characteristics and become free from a lot of the issues that haunt them. It seems that if anything they were supposed to abandon the culture from which they came.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19996 on: February 09, 2011, 02:02:25 pm »

That was a nice read, Aqizzar. Evidently one could write a pretty solid literary analysis of Homestuck, and not be full of blather.

With Vriska's quasi-denoument there, I get a feeling that the better part of the troll arc is done. I'm pretty sure Hussie is playing this for keeps, and the Trolls are getting their character growth out of the way before getting nixed. A few may carry over, but I suppose it's entirely possible that their arc ends in a complete tragedy, and the kids will be working to set things right from there.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19997 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:47 pm »

Also, did anyone else love the way the characters that went in thinking they knew everything were the ones to find out they knew nothing?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19998 on: February 09, 2011, 02:22:47 pm »

Also, did anyone else love the way the characters that went in thinking they knew everything were the ones to find out they knew nothing?

I think that's basically all them, suddenly understanding jack shit.  That's kinda the point of a transformative journey really.

By the way guys, I appreciate the implication that I am not full of blather (when I totally am).  I'm realizing that I just wrote most of what would have been short English-Lit essay in less than an hour.  Quite a skill I picked up.  It distracted me from the revelation that the Trolls, or at least Vriska, know about Karkat's mutant candy-blood.  Nobody ever commented on that before.  Hussie buried quite a story in there somewhere.

And congrats in advance to whoever's about to get the 20000th reply.  Let no one else say anything about it.  I just did, so you don't have to.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19999 on: February 09, 2011, 02:24:29 pm »

Vriska's not such a bitch anymore. Huh.

Also, congrats to the next guy to post.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20000 on: February 09, 2011, 02:25:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure Hussie is playing this for keeps, and the Trolls are getting their character growth out of the way before getting nixed. A few may carry over, but I suppose it's entirely possible that their arc ends in a complete tragedy, and the kids will be working to set things right from there.

Even after the dream self extra lives are exhausted, the dead aren't exactly gone. Aradia was a ghost, and used to speak to other ghosts before she became one. Feferi appeared in one of Jade's bubble dreams, and said that she was there because she was dead. Dream Jade returned with stories from beyond. Kanaya is currently missing and presumed to be stalking the tunnels of the laboratory complex, thirsty for blood and romance. I guess they might all be red herrings, carefully planted by Andrew to conceal his true motives, but it sure seems that there are a lot of ways you could bring the dead trolls back to life.

Feferi's bubble appearance kind of implies that the dead live on, in some sense or another, beyond the Furthest Ring. If Rose is planning to travel there in search of the Green Sun, does that mean that the dead could travel out? I think that would be such a delicious callback. The Problem Sleuth walk-out-through-death's-front-door resurrection mechanic dressed up in mystique, dream prophecies and elder gods.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20001 on: February 09, 2011, 02:27:20 pm »

I applaud Soadreqm on not mentioning it at all in his post, and it being filled with content. Good on ya mate. I'll pop the champagne and pour us all a glass and we shall never speak of this again.

Also note that God Aradia was able to communicate with Nepeta, despite dream Nepeta being dead before God Aradia was made. So some extra shenanigans with dreams is probably in the works.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #20002 on: February 09, 2011, 02:28:56 pm »

It distracted me from the revelation that the Trolls, or at least Vriska, know about Karkat's mutant candy-blood.  Nobody ever commented on that before.  Hussie buried quite a story in there somewhere.

Yeah they did. In the first Alterniabound, Vriska mocks Equius for taking Karkat's orders despite being a mutant8looded loser.

Karkat told his team at some point, and apparently nobody really cared.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #20003 on: February 09, 2011, 02:32:57 pm »

Also note that God Aradia was able to communicate with Nepeta, despite dream Nepeta being dead before God Aradia was made. So some extra shenanigans with dreams is probably in the works.
Remember, Aradia could c0mmune before she died, so GT Aradia can probably do that, too.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #20004 on: February 09, 2011, 02:34:52 pm »

Wow, this

Damn.

Vriska is actually cool again in my book D:

Damn, Hussie. Just, hopy shit. We are all puppets under his all-controlling strings.

We feel whatever he damn well wants us to feel about this comic.

Or at least, I do...
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20005 on: February 09, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »

Damn, Hussie. Just, hopy shit. We are all puppets under his all-controlling strings.

We feel whatever he damn well wants us to feel about this comic.

I'm trying to think of all the mood switches he's been pulling lately. Kanaya decides to revive the troll race on the meteor. Suddenly, Eridan starts killing people, determined to steal Vriska's "most evil troll" trophy. Doc Scratch tells Karkat not to turn his back on the body, Gamzee tells Karkat that he's going to kill every single motherfucker on the asteroid, genre is now survival horror. Terezi is being silly with her forensic team. Andrew Hussie is Robin Williams is Peter Pan. John has a flying car. Suddenly, Karkat again. He's terrified but actually pretty funny. Terezi is idly investigating more bodies. Flash with adorable Nepeta/Equius dialogue and an a preposterous amount of puns. Second part of flash; KNEEL MOTHERFUCKER. Erotic asphyxiation fetish death. SBAHJ callback. Gamzee cuts his face with Nepeta's claws, smiling the most terrifying smile ever. John again, except this time he's having a serious conversation with Vriska.

Andrew is doing some kind of experiment on how frequently he can drastically alter the mood before the readership realizes what is going on.

Also I am giving in and acknowledging this post number nonsense. Once.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20006 on: February 09, 2011, 03:26:43 pm »

He effectively commits seppuku rather than raising a hand against his troll feudal lord.
Gogdamnit that is so appropriate that I feel horrible for not thinking of it myself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #20007 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:18 pm »

I think I know what's going on.

Hussie made everybody start going on murder sprees to make Vriska look better in comparison.

And then to top it off, after he shows a bunch of merciless murders, we see Vriska baring her soul.

"Yeah, she murdered Tavros, but she regrets it. So at least she's not as bad as Gamzee or Eridan."
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20008 on: February 09, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »

Which is why she's still in ultimate hate territory 'till he makes her character development stick.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20009 on: February 09, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »

Bullcrap.

Vriska is closing her arc. This means she goes bye bye or is one of the last survivors.

Aradia has dead powers over the dead, I think at least some of the trolls will have a few after the grave words to say...

Also, Kanaya is probably hitting the CameBackWrong stage right now.

She tries to revive the troll race, she turns out to be a goddamn immortal of some sort. Either she's bloodthirsty as fuck or we get a cut to her trying to Rainbow drinkerify Fef, crying like hell.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 3524