Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5129416 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Coolest troll goes to Eridamnson
« Reply #18765 on: January 27, 2011, 05:45:05 pm »

What I actually meant is that I didn't expect Terezi to consider reviving Tavros. I kinda figured she would go "Meh, he's dead, I'll find the killer and do Justice on her!" and leave him there.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18766 on: January 27, 2011, 05:45:32 pm »

One investigator down, three to go.
Two investinstigators down, two to go.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18767 on: January 27, 2011, 05:55:54 pm »

Right, I forgot Terezi and Tavros were game pals before Hivebent. So, yeah, the thought of a God Tier Tavros is pretty exciting, but I can't figure out how it could be possible if Tavros' dream self is dead. Then again, we never explicitly saw it die, just the implication... this sounds like a typical Hussie Hope Spot.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18768 on: January 27, 2011, 05:57:41 pm »

So, yeah, the thought of a God Tier Tavros is pretty exciting,

Problem is, Terezi kissing Tavros' corpse won't cause him to go god tier. That only happens if a player dies on a quest bed. Kissing just causes a normal dreamself ressurection, like what Sollux went through.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18769 on: January 27, 2011, 05:59:48 pm »

So far we only know for sure that Nepeta, Feferi and the god-tiers don't have dreamselves anymore. And while Karkat was shown being enveloped by the ball of death we don't know for sure what happened to his dreamself, as this seems like a perfect opportunity for a mysterious disappearance. Everyone else have open chances. Especially Sollux, who we have seen hover his dreamselves around simultaneously.

And remembering Karkats discussion with Aradia during alterniabound about finding a way to revive Aradia makes me think there are still a few ways to bring people back.

And I love how their legal system put the victims well-being as the highest priority. They are snarky and sarcastic even in their legal system.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18770 on: January 27, 2011, 06:06:54 pm »

And remembering Karkats discussion with Aradia during alterniabound about finding a way to revive Aradia makes me think there are still a few ways to bring people back.

Well, as all the smooching, and the Windy Thing nonsense, and so on showed, players don't have to bite the big one to get crazygonuts powers.  Quite a few of them are still unclear, like what the Blood guy does.

im 0k with this shirt
and maybe y0u are als0
0r n0t
im 0k with either p0ssibility

Translation: Thanks for your money, satisfaction is the customer's responsibility.  The emblem, and indeed entire product, is a little smaller than I thought it would be.  I could have gotten a bigger size, but this is fine.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18771 on: January 27, 2011, 06:07:33 pm »

New theory: every Troll who didn't die onscreen gets appearized when the countdown reaches 0:00.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18772 on: January 27, 2011, 06:09:06 pm »

Well, ghosts unambiguously exist, for one thing. And Dream Jade spent years in some kind of afterlife before her reincarnation as the Crysprite. Resurrection might not be a trivial matter after the dream self is spent, but the dead certainly aren't permanently gone or anything.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18773 on: January 27, 2011, 06:17:38 pm »

This is sort of why i never understood all the guys on various forums saying that if Hussie doesn't keep the recent deaths permanent all drama about people dying will be lost and the comic will suck. We have already known that there are a ton of ways to resolve this problem. To simply keep them dead would just be a huge plot hole as we remember that even with the situations the way they are they have a ton of ways to bring them back. Death was never a final thing, the only real final destination is the universe ending.

And like in Descend with Jade sacrificing herself to save John, knowing Jadesprite will come and that Jade did it because she knew she would die and be stuffed one day didn't really make the whole scene any less powerful to me. The core element, the thing that made that scene great to me was the same thing that makes me love all the kids, especially John and Karkat. They are good friends. And not even in the sense of their relationships being good, they are people whose attitude and determination is set on seeing their friends survive. Even Terezi, with her stone-cold ways and playing around with Tavroses body is showing that aspect. This is probably also why I hate Vriska so much, but I won't dig deeper here.

Basically, there are elements here more important than the drama of death. Hussie can cheese death as many times as he wants so long as he keeps what makes these kids great here.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18774 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:43 pm »

You know what I would love to see?

Bro: Play extreme chess with Death.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18775 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:28 pm »

You know what I would love to see?

Bro: Play extreme chess with Death.

That would be the best callback ever, and quite possibly the crowning achievement of MS Paint Adventures.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18776 on: January 27, 2011, 06:29:15 pm »

My god Terezi is very wasteful of her dolls.
Hello Hunam

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18777 on: January 27, 2011, 06:29:55 pm »

Vriska: make Tavros sprite.

did the troll sprites end up with two prototypings? I don't remember.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18778 on: January 27, 2011, 06:30:52 pm »

did the troll sprites end up with two prototypings? I don't remember.

Only Aradia's. All the others were only prototyped once.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #18779 on: January 27, 2011, 06:31:50 pm »

No, but all the sprites are dead, from a conversation Karkat and Equius have in Alterniabound.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3524