Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126306 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Volume 6: Heir Transparent
« Reply #17310 on: January 14, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »

bitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitch

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: January 14, 2011, 05:21:10 pm »

calling a character a "bitch" is a really easy way to get me to stop reading your posts.

ohhhh noooooooooooooooo

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: January 14, 2011, 05:21:30 pm »

On the MSPA forums they just made calling any homestuck character a bitch an infractable offense (as long as you're not Hussie himself)

That sounds incredibly fascist.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: January 14, 2011, 05:27:40 pm »

On the MSPA forums they just made calling any homestuck character a bitch an infractable offense (as long as you're not Hussie himself)

They recently updated the rules over there. The only insults that you are allowed to use about any character in MSPA over there is "mean ol' duck', or in extreme circumstances, "pillweef". I'm not kidding.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: January 14, 2011, 05:31:58 pm »

Anyway, I think a big reason why everyone thinks you're defending Vriska rather than defending language is that Andrew uses the word "bitch" quite often. Gamzee and Dave toss those bitches around like punctuation. Bitches everywhere in this bitch. Bitching about it seems kind of silly.

That's true, but Andrew rarely refers to female characters as bitch. He referred to the Black Queen as a bitch, twice, I believe, and Vriska as one just once.

Otherwise, it never happens. There is only one instance, ever, where a character has referred to another as a bitch in a pesterlog, and it was Karkat talking about the Black Queen. If he wants to talk about a female character in a negative manner he uses more descriptive and creative terms than just resorting to calling her a bitch.

They recently updated the rules over there. The only insults that you are allowed to use about any character in MSPA over there is "mean ol' duck', or in extreme circumstances, "pillweef". I'm not kidding.

What a bunch of motherfucking pillweefs.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: January 14, 2011, 05:33:27 pm »

It's a welcome change. All weird Tavros killing Vriska fantasies aside, there is tons of language that promotes sexist stereotypes as well as is just really unpleasant to read. Anyone can't express an opinion without swearing or insults is a literal manchild anyway.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: January 14, 2011, 05:38:48 pm »

calling a character a "bitch" is a really easy way to get me to stop reading your posts.

ohhhh noooooooooooooooo
There, now it is PERFECT.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: January 14, 2011, 05:45:32 pm »

It's a welcome change. All weird Tavros killing Vriska fantasies aside, there is tons of language that promotes sexist stereotypes
I disagree.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: January 14, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »

This prevents people from calling Vriska a "bluh bluh huge bitch." That's canon, and it's forbidden. I don't like it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: January 14, 2011, 06:07:28 pm »

To me, that sounds incredibly silly. Oh, well. I guess the mods mostly know what they're doing at least some of the time.

That's true, but Andrew rarely refers to female characters as bitch. He referred to the Black Queen as a bitch, twice, I believe, and Vriska as one just once.

Otherwise, it never happens. There is only one instance, ever, where a character has referred to another as a bitch in a pesterlog, and it was Karkat talking about the Black Queen. If he wants to talk about a female character in a negative manner he uses more descriptive and creative terms than just resorting to calling her a bitch.

Yeah, I guess "bitch" is mostly used as a pronoun, as in "THAT'S WHAT JUST HAPPENED, BITCH" and "IM A LITTLE BLACK RAIN CLOUD BITCH WATCH ME CLIMB". And sometimes as a synonym for complaining. Speaking of which,
Quote from: Mod Notes
Don't bitch about Vriska fans or Vriska haters - it's annoying.
I find this hilarious, considering.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: January 14, 2011, 06:18:56 pm »

Captain, what if I just like swearing? :I

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: January 14, 2011, 06:30:27 pm »

Please let the next flash be the fedorafreak intermission we've been waiting for and not WV becoming godlike.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: January 14, 2011, 06:35:31 pm »

I'm betting it's going to be Jack getting up to more crazy shit, with a B-plot of Tavros taking on Vriska and kicking that bitch's ass.

Creepy misogyny, my favorite kind!

Well, she did toss him off a cliff. And have his Flarping buddy murdered by her boyfriend. And feed hundreds of trolls to her giant spider. And utterly destroy two Sburb sessions. Causing the deaths of everyone on Prospit twice seems like it should carry some repercussions.

Not that Tavros has a chance, of course. Vriska could wipe the floor with him. Assuming he even makes it to Vriska's inner sanctum.

You're right! I totally forgot that the fact that she's made unsavory choices makes it okay so call her a bitch! I bet she's probably a whore, too, right?
Spoiler: Well........ (click to show/hide)
I know I've posted it before, but Vriska dishes out the Blackrom like nobodies business...

In other news, the doctor is rebelling against the cap...
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: January 14, 2011, 06:41:24 pm »

I'm betting it's going to be Jack getting up to more crazy shit, with a B-plot of Tavros taking on Vriska and kicking that bitch's ass.

Creepy misogyny, my favorite kind!

Well, she did toss him off a cliff. And have his Flarping buddy murdered by her boyfriend. And feed hundreds of trolls to her giant spider. And utterly destroy two Sburb sessions. Causing the deaths of everyone on Prospit twice seems like it should carry some repercussions.

Not that Tavros has a chance, of course. Vriska could wipe the floor with him. Assuming he even makes it to Vriska's inner sanctum.

You're right! I totally forgot that the fact that she's made unsavory choices makes it okay so call her a bitch! I bet she's probably a whore, too, right?
Spoiler: Well........ (click to show/hide)
I know I've posted it before, but Vriska dishes out the Blackrom like nobodies business...

In other news, the doctor is rebelling against the cap...
Fixed, but, man, I thought we weren't supposed to post that, as Vriska is a 13 year old girl.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: January 14, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »

6 solar sweeps dude, come on.
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 3524