Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126268 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Volume 6: Heir Transparent
« Reply #17265 on: January 14, 2011, 01:37:51 am »

http://io9.com/5733004/your-zodiac-sign-may-have-changed-this-week The zodiac sign stuff is all bologna and quoting one particular scientist out of contest /who doesn't even believe in Astrology/ :P Nothing to see here folks.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17266 on: January 14, 2011, 02:09:30 am »

Oh HeLl No! BaCk Up SaGiTaRaS! i'M sTaYiNg As A cApRiCoRn....
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #17267 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:40 am »

Considering that particular zodiac has been around for a while (known as the sidereal zodiac), I had a feeling it wasn't true. Besides, it's not like there's any one authority on astrology anyway :P

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #17268 on: January 14, 2011, 02:17:16 am »

It's okay, I managed to make a Starkind strife card. I should be fine.

If you can believe it, there's Toby R. Fox music about this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17269 on: January 14, 2011, 03:20:36 am »

Considering that particular zodiac has been around for a while (known as the sidereal zodiac), I had a feeling it wasn't true. Besides, it's not like there's any one authority on astrology anyway :P
I'm just saying, if you're going to try to follow ancient astrological beliefs, follow ancient astrological beliefs; don't do a half-assed job and ignore the star's positions.

The former is a logical extrapolation of shoddy data.  The latter isn't even logical.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #17270 on: January 14, 2011, 03:56:46 am »

I'm just saying, if you're going to try to follow ancient astrological beliefs, follow ancient astrological beliefs; don't do a half-assed job and ignore the star's positions.

The former is a logical extrapolation of shoddy data.  The latter isn't even logical.
The tropical zodiac is based on seasons, not the positions of the stars, actually. The sidereal zodiac is the one that's actually based on constellation positions.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #17271 on: January 14, 2011, 05:04:38 am »

I'm not trying to speak up for astrology here, but they don't ignore the star's positions. If you've ever seen an astrological chart they track not only the sun's position but the positions of the planets as well (or at least the bodies they consider to be planets in their whacked out scheme). The thing is, the constellations are just a convenient way to label twelve 30° segments of the sky. It's less which constellation the sun is passing through, and more which segment.

If there were thirteen signs how would they divide the them into the twelve houses? Or the four elements. God and then there are the three qualities... The whole thing is ridiculously convoluted.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17272 on: January 14, 2011, 05:18:49 am »

So hey, what do you guys think the big flash is going to be?  Even with all the fucking around with Formspring, Hussie's been working on it for a few days now.

I'm betting it's going to be Jack getting up to more crazy shit, with a B-plot of Tavros taking on Vriska and getting his sorry head handed to him.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17273 on: January 14, 2011, 05:25:44 am »

I'm betting it's going to be Jack getting up to more crazy shit, with a B-plot of Tavros taking on Vriska and kicking that bitch's ass.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #17274 on: January 14, 2011, 05:37:40 am »

I'm guessing WV might don the White Queen's ring and Vriska and Tavros are going to get their blackrom on. Vriska will have vision eight minus sevenfold after it's all done.

I think those are the two plot threads at this point that would work best in a flash.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17275 on: January 14, 2011, 05:37:55 am »

It's probably going to be whatever got Gamzee covered in blood and the end of the count down.  Those are the only plot points I can think of that really need a flash right now, but things tend to change suddenly in Homestuck.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17276 on: January 14, 2011, 06:01:08 am »

I'm betting it's going to be Jack getting up to more crazy shit, with a B-plot of Tavros taking on Vriska and kicking that bitch's ass.

Creepy misogyny, my favorite kind!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #17277 on: January 14, 2011, 07:23:55 am »

No. The flash is going to be 10 minutes of WV straining in his cubicle, followed by dying in the explosions.

You watch.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17278 on: January 14, 2011, 07:38:00 am »

http://io9.com/5733004/your-zodiac-sign-may-have-changed-this-week The zodiac sign stuff is all bologna and quoting one particular scientist out of contest /who doesn't even believe in Astrology/ :P Nothing to see here folks.

Are you implying that belief in astrology would make him more credible? :P

Well, whatever. I'm declaring myself to be Sagittarius. For today, at least. The astrologists might argue that based on my date of birth, I am a Pisces, or possibly an Aquarius, but they also argue that observing the relative positions of stellar bodies allows them to predict the future, so fuck them.

Creepy misogyny, my favorite kind!

Well, she did toss him off a cliff. And have his Flarping buddy murdered by her boyfriend. And feed hundreds of trolls to her giant spider. And utterly destroy two Sburb sessions. Causing the deaths of everyone on Prospit twice seems like it should carry some repercussions.

Not that Tavros has a chance, of course. Vriska could wipe the floor with him. Assuming he even makes it to Vriska's inner sanctum.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17279 on: January 14, 2011, 07:42:36 am »

so I'm Aquarius noww

I see.
Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 3524