Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126085 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] JOHN. RISE UP.
« Reply #15615 on: December 21, 2010, 05:18:38 pm »

I want to see Eridan flounder...

I'd put a reaction image here if I had one.  Good show.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: December 21, 2010, 05:54:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lexxy's art is awesome.

I bought the poster but it's not here yeeeet.

Hussie straight up admitted to using Vriska to backfill some actions in the early story, before she was actually a character, but I guess changing the circumstances of Make her pay isn't that big a stretch.

I'll give Vriska this, she's determined and fucking hardy.  What does it take to kill this bitch?
8 8'S? It did the king in.

Actually, it did no-... No wait, yeah I guess that looks about right. Carry on then.

I'd have said bullet to head, but now I'm not so sure. She's high-leveled too.

When already beaten to a bloody pulp, she can manipula8 Tavros into choking himself and writing notes.  If you snuck up in her sleep, she could probably manipula8 you into shooting yourself.

Well, quite obviously, if Aradia had kept pounding a little more that would have done it.  But she's crazy and obviously thought this was a good idea.

If she had though they wouldn't have beaten the King.  Vriska's probably getting Tavros to take her to a quest bed.

So not Vriska; not even Terezi; but ARADIA is behind everything that ever happened?!

Aradia Dave = LE.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: December 21, 2010, 05:59:21 pm »

Aradia herself is only really doing what she has to so that all these events take place, and is led by spirits IIRC. Meaning SP1R1TS 4R3 B3H1ND 3V3RYTH1NG OH GOG.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: December 21, 2010, 06:04:10 pm »

Aradia herself is only really doing what she has to so that all these events take place, and is led by spirits IIRC. Meaning SP1R1TS 4R3 B3H1ND 3V3RYTH1NG OH J3GUS!.
FTFY.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: December 21, 2010, 06:06:20 pm »

That is not fixed at all. Terezi knows nothing about Troll Jegus, being Troll Jewish.

And yeah, it's implied that the spirits of the dead are the Horrorterrors that are dying in the Furthest Ring. Seems everything that is happening in these sessions revolves around them and what is killing them off.

Edit: Here's saying Gamzee is either Catholic or celebrates Kwanza.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:17:04 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: December 21, 2010, 06:07:23 pm »

FuCiN' MiRaClEs AlL uP iN tHiS bItCh.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: December 21, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »

We know what's killing off the Horrorterrors.

Lil' Cal.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: December 21, 2010, 06:18:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure the spirits of the dead stopped bossing her around about the time she Entered, as implied by her memo entry where she complains about her future self bossing her around. And I suppose her future self would have stopped bossing her around about the time she defeated the Black King. Or rather, her future self did all the bossing from that moment in time, but her memos contain no orders relating to events forward from there.

She's taking information from Doc Scratch, though, so Lord English could easily be behind everything. Rose seems to be taking information from Doc Scratch too. A red herring? Important foreshadowing? Something that will be referred to in the future, but isn't really central to the plot? Only time will tell.

IDE/THEORY: The Aradiabot that kicked Vriska's ass came from a doomed timeline. In this timeline, Vriska grew closer to Tavros, eventually beginning to reconsider her life of casual murdering. She ended up disavowing violence forever, dedicating the rest of her life to promoting happiness. Much to everyone else's chagrin, she included the Black King to her oath of non-violence, and as the other trolls couldn't take him out without Vriska, Aradia had to go back in time to make her more evil.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: December 21, 2010, 06:27:34 pm »

We know what's killing off the Horrorterrors.

Lil' Cal.
I wouldn't doubt it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: December 21, 2010, 06:34:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure the spirits of the dead stopped bossing her around about the time she Entered, as implied by her memo entry where she complains about her future self bossing her around. And I suppose her future self would have stopped bossing her around about the time she defeated the Black King. Or rather, her future self did all the bossing from that moment in time, but her memos contain no orders relating to events forward from there.

For Aradia, getting bossed around by the dead and getting bossed around by her future selves is a distinction without meaning.  Once that sinks in, the rest of the Trolls' side of the story, and indeed the whole game, gets a little more concise and a little weirder.

It's a disturbing dichotomy within Sburb, that even Hussie has commented on; that Sburb somehow "arrives" in worlds with the technological base to enact it, but essentially the entire civilization outside of the paradox-born players and their families themselves are entirely meaningless.  A whole world is sacrificed to make the game happen, only to be played by a group of people born entirely within and due to it.  Ever since Aradia started talking about her past and future selves, I've suspected that she's never actually heard any "dead" people at all, except herself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: December 21, 2010, 08:23:03 pm »

Update.

Quest Recuperacoon, not Bed. Mildly interesting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: December 21, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »

Looks like a bees nest.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: December 21, 2010, 08:25:32 pm »

Update.

An interesting twist, I suppose. I guess we should have seen it coming, though.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: December 21, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »

I always forget to keep the troll's standards in mind when looking at the things that happen to them. Since trolls are nocturnal to the point of death-by-sunlight, Vriska is currently being portrayed in the troll equivilant of being bathed in darkness, and having a symbol that represents death.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:38:26 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: December 21, 2010, 08:36:50 pm »

Update.

Aquizzar called it. Props to you, bro.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 3524