Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125119 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] JOHN. RISE UP.
« Reply #15540 on: December 21, 2010, 01:06:26 am »

If things function in a mechanical sense, the realself enters the God Tiers. If Andrew Hussie is writing the story, it's a plot excuse to give us a Player Punch. Again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: December 21, 2010, 01:08:38 am »

I have a theory; its a loopy one, but its a theory none the less:

Doomed, Unstable Time Loop, Dave is Lrd English.

I think this primarily for the green color schemes, the fact that the Felt, under direct employ of Lrd English, had time powers exclusively. Also Lrd English is apparently being held by a device that looks suspiciously like Rose's GameFAQ server, seen here:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003992

The text itself seems to imply something; the demon with time traveling powers is "already here."

I think Unstable time loop Dave is pissed that hes going to die, some how achieves the God Tier and seals himself away to master the God Tier. Enter Lrd English.

We've already seen that Doomed Daves can enter the alpha time loop, like DAVESPRITE. Plus, it would place a terrible inconvenience on Dave to have to share the EXACT same power with the end boss, without there being some hook.

Sketchy thoughts, but what do you think?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:44:17 am by TheBroodyMoods »

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: December 21, 2010, 01:19:03 am »

I have a theory; its a loopy one, but its a theory none the less:

Doomed, Unstable Time Loop, Dave is Lord English.

I think this primarily for the green color schemes, the fact that the Felt, under direct employ of Lord English, had time powers exclusively. Also Lord English is apparently being held by a device that looks suspiciously like Rose's GameFAQ server, seen here:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003992

The text itself seems to imply something; the demon with time traveling powers is "already here."

I think Unstable time loop Dave is pissed that hes going to die, some how achieves the God Tier and seals himself away to master the God Tier. Enter Lord English.

We've already seen that Doomed Daves can enter the alpha time loop, like DAVESPRITE. Plus, it would place a terrible inconvenience on Dave to have to share the EXACT same power with the end boss, without there being some hook.

Sketchy thoughts, but what do you think?

Expanded thought:

Why do we think Lrd English would be a bad guy at all? He merely Arrives at "THE GREAT UNDOING", doesn't cause it. Isn't Rose trying to help the Outer Gods fight the Skiaian Gods, anyway? It merely says he's building an Army. Not  his intentions. The language could be totally clouding our perception on this.

Lrd English is Dave attempting to assist in toppling the Skaian Gods. That's my Theory.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:43:26 am by TheBroodyMoods »

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: December 21, 2010, 01:24:10 am »

Oh god, why does that make so much sense :C

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: December 21, 2010, 01:28:15 am »

Why do we think Lord English would be a bad guy at all?

Because he chows down on universes.

Does Dave seem like the kind of dude who's going to start chowing down on universes just because he got doomed? That probably happens pretty frequently, and Dave knows that's the risk of traveling through time.

And he's doomed. How is he going to get around that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: December 21, 2010, 01:30:23 am »

Does Dave seem like the kind of dude who's going to start chowing down on universes just because he got doomed? That probably happens pretty frequently, and Dave knows that's the risk of traveling through time.

I would point out, that they were planning on fighting the Skiaian gods anyway (to help the Outer Gods)- these universes are doomed, and DAVESPRITE was a formerly Doomed Dave.

But, I mean, I'm not seeing as many holes in this theory as I had initially thought. I very much want to have people's opinions; I want to know if there's anything I have missed.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: December 21, 2010, 01:39:29 am »

Oh my, characters are starting to drop like flies.
Hello Hunam

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: December 21, 2010, 01:40:39 am »

I know that Lrd English appears at the end of the universe, but aside from collecting followers from across the epochs (something Aradia did to save the Alternian session, with powers similar to Dave's), we don't know that he has a hand in its ending, nor what his end even is.

Note who the Felt (presumably English's followers) are fighting; the Derse Agents, AKA De-ringed Jack Noir and Co. Also, the server with the ~ATH program that "summons" him is out in the furthest ring, much like Rose's GameFAQs server. They even look alike, save for the color difference. I think these might be more than coincidences as well.

Being doomed could be the impetus behind alchemizing the Cairo Overcoat, such that some contingency prevents him from actually dying (probably some flavor of timefoolery) as long as it, and The Felt, exist.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:06:26 am by Solifuge »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: December 21, 2010, 01:52:02 am »

Buuuuuuuut doomed Dave doesn't have enough time to alchemize the Cairo Overcoat. He's going to die in the very near future, his perspective.

And even if it were possible for Dave to be Lord English, the motive for doing so is absolutely atrocious. Doomed Dave isn't going to wake up from his nap and be like man being doomed fuckin sucks guess its time to turn into a universe devouring demon and start fucking up all the trolls shit its going to be like an astronomical all you can eat buffet oh man this quazar is giving me some pretty bad gas better take this neutron star with a glass of milky way.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: December 21, 2010, 01:54:07 am »

Buuuuuuuut doomed Dave doesn't have enough time to alchemize the Cairo Overcoat. He's going to die in the very near future, his perspective.

Which reminds me that he is with certainty going to die, so I'm curious to see how that happens exactly.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: December 21, 2010, 01:57:53 am »

We've already seen that Lord English likes to fight bullies. Or at least, likes to borf on them. I support Dave = LE '11.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: December 21, 2010, 01:59:22 am »

And even if it were possible for Dave to be Lord English, the motive for doing so is absolutely atrocious. Doomed Dave isn't going to wake up from his nap and be like man being doomed fuckin sucks guess its time to turn into a universe devouring demon and start fucking up all the trolls shit its going to be like an astronomical all you can eat buffet oh man this quazar is giving me some pretty bad gas better take this neutron star with a glass of milky way.

Well, aside from his dying, it may be important where he dies. And I'm reneging the "Pissed off doomed dave" theory. I think he's here to help. Since the time that post was written and now, the end goal of the game has become very different. The new allies, at least according to Rose, are the Outer Gods. The Skiaian gods were the new targets- the masters of this game multi-verse. And, the universes were both doomed. Eating something once it's doomed is not a terribly bad thing. Its dead. Boom done. If he wanted to eat a living one, why would he show up at the end and find himself a bunch of followers?

And of course, he Ironically takes the form of Falcore.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: December 21, 2010, 02:07:43 am »

Who are these Skaian Gods you keep talking about? There's only Skaia. And Skaia and the Horrorterrors are, generally speaking, on the same side. They both help the players to accomplish what they're supposed to.

And the kids' universe is not doomed. Only the trolls' universe is doomed. And you know how it's doomed? Because Lord English is chowing down on it. That's not exceptionally helpful.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: December 21, 2010, 02:15:01 am »

Who are these Skaian Gods you keep talking about? There's only Skaia. And Skaia and the Horrorterrors are, generally speaking, on the same side. They both help the players to accomplish what they're supposed to.

And the kids' universe is not doomed. Only the trolls' universe is doomed. And you know how it's doomed? Because Lord English is chowing down on it. That's not exceptionally helpful.

I know that Lrd English appears at the end of the universe, but aside from collecting followers from across the epochs (something Aradia did to save the Alternian session, with powers similar to Dave's), we don't know that he has a hand in its ending, nor what his end even is.

Note who the Felt (presumably English's followers) are fighting; the Derse Agents, AKA De-ringed Jack Noir and Co. Also, the server with the ~ATH program that "summons" him is out in the furthest ring, much like Rose's GameFAQs server. They even look alike, save for the color difference. I think these might be more than coincidences as well.

Being doomed could be the impetus behind alchemizing the Cairo Overcoat, such that some contingency prevents him from actually dying (probably some flavor of timefoolery) as long as it, and The Felt, exist.

^^^^^^^

Edited Post, I think you have valid points, but these universes were planned to end by Skaia, and I could be wrong, but I think the Outer Gods are being killed because of Skaia. Also, as far as we know, Doc Scratch, who is charged with protecting Alternia is working for Lrd English.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:41:57 am by TheBroodyMoods »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: December 21, 2010, 02:22:06 am »

I don't remember anything saying Lrd English ate planets, or universes. The phrasing of everything about Lord English is pointedly vague, built to sound nefarious, without actually saying that he wants to kill things or destroy.

Given that Alternate Dave is doomed to die, and is still fast asleep on the Quest Bed... would that death negate his doomedness? Alternatively, if he came back Ubercharged with God-Tier time powers, and sealed himself away in a vault awaiting the end of the universe... could that be God-Tier Dave's way of insuring that he could avoid dying in the meantime, and pop up in time to help everyone with the last boss fight?

Terezi says that this Dave will never achieve God Tier... but that doesn't mean Alternate Dave doesn't. Also, AU people may be doomed, but that doesn't mean they die immediately. The Alternate Aradias stuck around long enough to kill the 12x Prototyped Black King of Alternia, and Davesprite hung out for a good long while. What's keeping Alternate Dave from dodging fate, time-hopping to assemble followers, and sealing himself away to help everyone out in the last battle?
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 3524