Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126575 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] JOHN. RISE UP.
« Reply #15330 on: December 19, 2010, 04:43:26 am »

Naturally the beds require murdalization to work. Who's idea was that shit when skaia was put together anyway?

I think having to die to unlock your TRUE POTENTIAL is a reasonably common motif.

I especially like how John ascended after being tag-team murdered by Vriska and Jack, while Dave kills himself. John gets the "proper" hero way with everything conveniently falling into place around him, while Dave has to cheat using stable time loops. Rose won't bother with the god tiers at all, instead opting to destroy the Green Sun, and Jade's dream self died already.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15331 on: December 19, 2010, 04:55:25 am »

Could be that when they get all the levels they can resurrect their dreamselves.

And I'm familiar nonetheless with the death motif, but still... talk about inconvenient!

Also, think Dave'll chicken out? he might be a little traumatized from the last time he saw his dead self. He didn't show it, but Terezi mentioned some off-camera crying.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: December 19, 2010, 09:24:10 am »

Dave won't chicken out.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: December 19, 2010, 11:23:26 am »

Dave isn't going to be as strong as John, for my bet. Several reasons. Also, is that even a stable time loop Dave?
1) Dave is only a Knight. John and Tavros are heirs. This may not mean anything, but John also started as a Boy Skylark, which is a class in FLARP that starts weak but gets really strong over time, or something.
2) Dave is killing himself. John had Bec Noir kill him. Maybe the stronger the person who killed you, the stronger the person who awakens? Dunno, so this point might be null.
3) TRAUMATIZED DEAD DAVES CRYING, THE ORIGINAL STARING AT HIS HANDS. EACH UNSTABLE LOOP HAVING NO DAVE, WHILE THE REST ARE FORCED TO CONTINUE A NULL SESSION.
4) Yeah, he might chicken out.
Of course, the clothes Future Dave is wearing might be his Knight clothes.
Also, why did I type the third point in caps?
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: December 19, 2010, 12:04:56 pm »

Tavros is a Page. And a bit of a wimp, too.

Anyway, Dave himself confirmed, in a conversation with Terezi, that he isn't going to pass John in power, at least before the Scratch. Dunno why. I bet he totally is going to stab himself, unless he can't because of predestination.

Would it count as Terezi killing him if she goaded him into stabbing himself, even if Dave ultimately did it freely and of his own will, knowing that it's necessary to unlock the God Tiers?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: December 19, 2010, 12:30:31 pm »

I'm so careless!  How could I have not made the connection with The Felt and Firo?!

Green suit with an albeit not pool hat, but it's still stylin'.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: December 19, 2010, 12:33:54 pm »

Also, think Dave'll chicken out? he might be a little traumatized from the last time he saw his dead self. He didn't show it, but Terezi mentioned some off-camera crying.
She was referring to when Dave was being cooked by the gators and the onions were making him cry.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: December 19, 2010, 12:43:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure she also had something to say about Dave standing around staring at his hands for ten minutes after dumping his corpse out of the window after his encounter with DD.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: December 19, 2010, 01:11:49 pm »

Tavros is a Page. And a bit of a wimp, too.

Anyway, Dave himself confirmed, in a conversation with Terezi, that he isn't going to pass John in power, at least before the Scratch. Dunno why. I bet he totally is going to stab himself, unless he can't because of predestination.

Would it count as Terezi killing him if she goaded him into stabbing himself, even if Dave ultimately did it freely and of his own will, knowing that it's necessary to unlock the God Tiers?
I thought Tavros was the Heir of Life. Huh.
edit: Ah, Page of Breath.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: December 19, 2010, 01:30:01 pm »

Hussie- stop, stop! We need to go back and start over. John should have been the Heir of Breaking Wind.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: December 19, 2010, 02:14:16 pm »

Feferi is the Witch of Life and Equius is the Heir of Void. Not sure how you assigned those to Tavros.

I think we now know the title of every troll, except Gamzee, who was the Bard of something or other.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: December 19, 2010, 02:39:22 pm »

feferi is the witch of life and she's dead. ha ha ha

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: December 19, 2010, 02:44:08 pm »

She's not dead. Jade having a scary dream doesn't mean Feferi is dead.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: December 19, 2010, 02:47:23 pm »

She's not dead. Jade having a scary dream doesn't mean Feferi is dead.
But it doesn't mean she isn't dead either. We already know from the traumatic horrorshow that is [S} Jade: Wake Up that Feferi can interact with Jade in her dream-bubble, so it very well could have been her in the second incident as well, or just a nightmare.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:58:38 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: December 19, 2010, 02:49:56 pm »

If Feferi were going to die we'd see it happen. The death of one of the trolls is a significant enough event that it wouldn't happen off screen.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 3524