Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127518 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska kills people, so like, get over it. It's not her fault she's s
« Reply #15045 on: December 16, 2010, 03:43:44 pm »

Too soon?

There's no griefing because he's not really dead. All there is is Vriska raeg.

That being said, I personally think it's in rather bad taste.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska kills people, so like, get over it. It's not her fault she's so aw
« Reply #15046 on: December 16, 2010, 04:06:30 pm »

John is alive because of what future Dave says.
Stop thinking he died, he has a dreamself.
>_>
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska kills people, so like, get over it. It's not her fault she's so aw
« Reply #15047 on: December 16, 2010, 04:08:14 pm »

I never said he died. Or implied it really.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: December 16, 2010, 04:08:41 pm »

Still, what is a dreamself? Johns real body has died, so if dreamselves die then what are the repercussions of your real body dying? As much as he has an extra, being killed is still being killed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: December 16, 2010, 04:12:01 pm »

Still, what is a dreamself? Johns real body has died, so if dreamselves die then what are the repercussions of your real body dying? As much as he has an extra, being killed is still being killed.
Half the trolls are dreamselves. Vriska is a dreamself. It doesn't seem to have any adverse effects.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: December 16, 2010, 04:14:05 pm »

Not half. Just Sollux and Vriska, if I recall correctly. At least the only ones confirmed to be dreamselves.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska kills people, so like, get over it. It's not her fault she's s
« Reply #15051 on: December 16, 2010, 04:17:44 pm »

John is alive because of what future Dave says.
Stop thinking he died, he has a dreamself.
>_>

I know that. I still think it's in bad taste.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: December 16, 2010, 04:18:11 pm »

Not half. Just Sollux and Vriska, if I recall correctly. At least the only ones confirmed to be dreamselves.

Aradia could be considered as a dreamself.

Otherwise it sounds like most of the trolls aren't dreamselves. Karkat is the only confirmed one because we know his dreamself died there. Tavros might not be a dreamself, but its not confirmed, for everybody else, we just don't know.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15053 on: December 16, 2010, 04:18:42 pm »

Half the trolls are dreamselves. Vriska is a dreamself. It doesn't seem to have any adverse effects.
There are enough vague and simply unknown parts of the trolls story that we can't really say that. And it was mentioned there were serious issues with having a dead dreamself that we never saw Jade go through, and I don't think it's just dreaming in dream bubbles.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska=Aizen?!
« Reply #15054 on: December 16, 2010, 04:20:57 pm »

That's not what you said when it turned out that using a dream-continue only made Vriska more powerful. John was just fine when Karkat trolled him for the first time. Killing him was very, very mean, but it isn't going to actually hurt him.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15055 on: December 16, 2010, 04:23:24 pm »

Again, the troll arc was vague enough that we really don't know. The main arc is a lot more specific about things, so if there are negatives we would see it here. And Aradia would kill Vriska and have her suffer whatever consequences so she could be strong enough to help defeat the Black King.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: December 16, 2010, 04:24:40 pm »

There are enough vague and simply unknown parts of the trolls story that we can't really say that. And it was mentioned there were serious issues with having a dead dreamself that we never saw Jade go through, and I don't think it's just dreaming in dream bubbles.
The trolls are insane, anyway, so that can't be counted.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: December 16, 2010, 04:29:13 pm »

I assume that John dying while asleep on the magical bed will is necessary for him to permanently become his dreamself.

As opposed to dying while awake while fighting his denizen, which results in him staying dead.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: December 16, 2010, 04:31:03 pm »

I assume that John dying while asleep on the magical bed will is necessary for him to permanently become his dreamself.

As opposed to dying while awake while fighting his denizen, which results in him staying dead.

Sollux and Vriska didn't die on their quest beds, and they are permanently their dreamselves.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska=Aizen?!
« Reply #15059 on: December 16, 2010, 04:37:39 pm »

This post should not be lost in the update scrum.  It's a hilarious thread, and I've been looking everywhere for those comics.  Oh hey, and Armok is in there (wtf?).
Four comics were made, they were hilarious, then things got weird and boring as they decided to make a huge troll-esque story behind them including as much confusing biology and romantic subplots and character personalities as possible. I dunno, I preferred it back when it was just a comic and there were not large threads discussing their mating habits and relationships.
Armok is making me facepalm. On page 4 when he calls other people 'unflexible' Sheesh...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 3524